Blessings, Peace and Love

Blessings, Peace and Love

Hello everyone!

I'm so glad to have found this forum. I belong to other forums where Christian views and beliefs are routinely mocked. I'm excited to belong to a community that doesn't allow this type of attitude (I assume) where I can grow in faith and knowledge while finding brotherhood with other Christians.

My [FONT=MS Reference Sans Serif, sans-serif]Religious[/FONT] History

I was raised in a Catholic parochial school taught by Priests and Nuns from the age of five. When I was a teen I abandoned my faith and was lost for 10 years. By the grace of God I found my way back to the Lord though not through the Catholic church. I found myself at odds in the way the RCC operates and some of their teachings so I joined a Bible based Baptist church in my town. The particular belief (Baptist) of the Protestant church wasn't really a huge concern of mine. I just wanted to be in a place that taught from the Bible as I believe this is the word of God and the only thing that matters.

My Near Death Experience

Just over a year ago I was hospitalized with a serious health issue, one that almost ended my life. Before a particularly painful and scary procedure where I needed to be awake I called on the name of Jesus....again and again I called on him saying “please help me Jesus”......again and again I repeated this. I found myself floating to heaven. God said I could stay or return to earth, instantly thinking of my family I chose to return knowing that God promised to heal my body when I returned.

I could go into more detail about what I saw in heaven and on my ascent but am unsure if the Lord wants me to do that considering the following:

Exodus 20:4

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."

It says “graven” or carved images but is the spirit of the passage to mean any type of representation including writing and or images?

I do believe God wants me to share my story so maybe I'll post the entire account later. I wrote down everything I could remember when I was released from the hospital and gained enough strength to type on a keyboard.

Back on Topic

Anyway I'm getting kinda off topic, this was just supposed to be a simple “hello” and “thank you” post.

So I thank you all for sharing and worshiping in this place and hope to be welcomed into the community.

Blessings and Love....

Thank you Jeff, this is a wonderful place you have here. I hope to learn from your membership and grow in faith. Seems like a friendly group here.

In re-reading my opening post it seems like I may hold something against the RCC...this isn't true, but from the writing some may have gotten this impression. I have nothing but respect and love for them.

HumbleChristian it is a pleasure to have you with us and your testimony is wonderful- I didn't pick up any hostility in your writting - I did pick up on that Jesus is your healer and your deliverer- and that is what it's all about :D :D :D :D :D

Very good to have you here on CFS Humble Christian. Your story is absolutely amazing. Very inspiring! :)

It is a real peasure to have you join our little family

Back