Bold men who will speak evil of "dignities"....

The Lord SENDS His servants out to preach what they hear the Spirit saying. We are to hear and receive the Spirit….being filled with what the Spirit is saying to our ears. Whoever has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches. We are to understand what the will of the Lord is and not be “drunk” on the wine of wrath when we hear the words of our Lord being preached by “strangers”…..those “least brothers” of His. It will not conform to our own ways and thoughts….but we are to hear and be filled with what the Spirit is saying…..being filled with the living water of life...

Ephesians 5:17-21 KJV
(17) Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
(18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

…and we are to REJOICE in what we hear and not rise up in wrath and pride to contend with Spirit….resisting the Spirit.

(19) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(21) Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

The Lord sends out His servants FOR OUR GOOD. But, whoever continues to resist in their evil are to be judged: whoever sins that are retained by His servants, they are retained. He gives power to His servants. Whoever will not be found written in the book of life is judged.

John 20:21-23 KJV
(21) Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
(22) And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
(23) Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Every soul is to be subject unto the “higher powers” ordained of God for there is no power but of God and the powers that be are ordained of Him.

Romans 13:1-14 KJV
(1) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Why resist the power and receive judgment?

(2) Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

His servants are there for OUR GOOD and not for our destruction. But those who will do evil towards the “least brothers” of His as they resist what they have to say should be afraid. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

(3) For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

His ministers are for our own GOOD but they do not bear the sword in vain.

(4) For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

We are to have brotherly love for them….not only to avoid the wrath but for “conscience sake”….which means to be able to enter into the understanding of the mysteries of the kingdom. If we resist what is being said, we shall not enter into the understanding of the mysteries. OUTSIDE will be those who will not do His commandments. The wicked will not understand.

(5) Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
(6) For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
(7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
(8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
(9) For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
(11) And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

We are to hear and cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of Light and depart out of the prisons of the denominations of men who in their darkness are bogged down in envy and strife and hatred of one another as they pursue the hidden covetousness of men.

(12) The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
(13) Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
(14) But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

But like Dioptrephes who did not receive the visiting brothers in the church, there will be men who will exalt themselves at the worst possible time….at the visitation of our Lord via in His visiting “dignities”….those “least brothers” of His….those “strangers”. We are to be ready at all times for we do not know at what time that the Son of man comes as He uses His visiting “dignities” . Some will despise His government. They will be BOLD men when they should not be and will not be afraid to speak evil of “dignities” in their exaltation of their wrath and pride.

2 Peter 2:9-16 KJV
(9) The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
(10) But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

But His servants will not render evil for their evil.

(11) Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
(12) But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
(13) And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
(14) Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
(15) Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
(16) But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

His servants are given power and those who will do evil are to be afraid of the powers ordained of God.

Matthew 18:15-19 KJV
(15) Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
(16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
(17) And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
(18) Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
(19) Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

This is why Paul had said the following as well to the Corinthians:

2 Corinthians 13:
(1) This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Some had sinned….speaking evil of dignities. But Christ is the one speaking in them and the sinners should cease from their sins....their evil speaking. They are warned ahead of time of the consequences to cease from their willful sin.

(2) I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:

The sinners of the churches will not believe that it is Christ speaking in His visiting servants. They will not recognized the day of their visitation of the Son of man as they will be found sleeping...forgetting to have brotherly love. They are warned.

(3) Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.
(4) For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

We are to examine ourselves whether we be in the faith. We can NOT willfully continue to sin....especially after being warned. If we continue to bear forth bad fruit....briers and thorns.....towards what we hear the Spirit saying, then we are near unto cursing whose end is be burned. We are to be rejected....reprobate. But His servants trust that those who will hear the warnings are not reprobates but are of God and REPENT of their evil speaking against the powers ordained of God.

(5) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
(6) But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Paul prayed to God that they would not do evil….

(7) Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
(8) For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
(9) For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

…so that he would use the power which the Lord had given him to building up and NOT to destruction when he was present.

(10) Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.
(11) Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

You know, I am dismayed with so much of what I see going on in the church....

How often we "Fast for strife and debate" (Isaiah 58)
We work to destroy those who have differing views.... to beat them down into our way of thinking OR ELSE!

and you know, as you say - we forget the whole "Edification" thing.... that the idea is to LEARN something about the nature of God.... to Teach.... not to Destroy, besmirch, impugn, or scandalize under the guise of "Correct doctrine" or "Sound teaching"...

and even worse - we forget the whole "Comfort" and "Encourage" thing.... and worst of all Love...

Thanks

Amen brother.

As the disciples debated among themselves about which of them was accounted the greatest, so also are the denominations of men striving with one another about who is the greatest.

Luke 22:24-27 KJV
(24) And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
(25) And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
(26) But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
(27) For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

We only know the Scriptures in part now and in that knowing in part, we are to have love for one another and not fast for debate and strife about who is accounted the greatest among us.

Luke 9:44-48 KJV
(44) Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.
(45) But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.
(46) Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.

Jesus sends His servants ( the “child”….in the mouth of babes and sucklings has He perfected praise) to preach in His name the things that they hear of the Spirit….which should settle all of arguing of those who will meekly hear and believe.

(47) And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,
(48) And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Out of the mouth of the “child”…out of the mouth of “babes”…will we hear what the Spirit sent from heaven is preaching.

1 Peter 1:11-16 KJV
(11) Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
(12) Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

This is why we are to “gird up the loins of our minds” and be sober and be obedient children and not fashion ourselves according to the debate and strife we all once took part in in our ignorance of the knowledge of the Truth.

(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

We are to be “children” concerning doing evil but be men in understanding when we hear His voice speaking in our ears.

1 Corinthians 14:20 KJV
(20) Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

We are to receive the kingdom of God as a “little child” by humbling ourselves before His “sight”…His knowledge. Whoever will exalt themselves, shall not be able to enter into His understanding so that they may see and turn to Him and be healed.

Luke 18:16-17 KJV
(16) But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
(17) Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

We are to receive those brothers sent out to preach what they hear the Spirit saying in this coming time. If we receive the witness out of the mouth of “babes”….those sent by Him to preach the Word in completion, the witness of God is greater.

1 John 5:9-12 KJV
(9) If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

The witness of God is IN ourselves….in our hearts….where our hearts “burn” as the Son of God opens up the Scriptures to our understanding.

(10) He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
(11) And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his
Son.
(12) He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

We hear the witness of men as they speak the words of the Spirit but it is in the heart where the witness of God as the Light shines in a dark place: the “day dawns” and the day star arises in our hearts.

2 Peter 1:18-21 KJV
(18) And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
(19) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
(20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Holy men speak as they are moved by the Holy Spirit. We receive their witness but the greater witness of what they are saying is that witness of God within our very own hearts as He opens up the Scriptures to our understanding.

(21) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

“did not our heart burn WITHIN us?”. The witness of God is within us….in our hearts…as we hear the Scriptures being opened up to our hearing by the Son. The witness of God in our hearts testifies that this is His Son and we are to “HEAR HIM”.

Luke 24:32 KJV
(32) And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Upon the “earth”…our hearts, He shows us His great fire….and we hear His words out of the midst of the fire within our hearts. The witness of God is within us that this is His Son ....whom we are to hear as He opens up the Scriptures to our understanding and settles all the debating of men who strive over who is accounted the greatest. We must enter in as children concerning evil.

Deuteronomy 4:36 KJV
(36) Out of heaven he made thee to hear his voice, that he might instruct thee: and upon earth he shewed thee his great fire; and thou heardest his words out of the midst of the fire.

Back