Book of Acts chap.8

Book of Acts chap.8

At my church this week we are learning from the book of Acts ch.8.
There are many things going on in the world at this time , and as I see it it is no different to what happened way back in the early times.
Today there are countries trying to close down the Christian Church, like house meetings, the underground church, and if you get caught you can be put in prision.

chap.8.
v,1. On that day a great persecution broke out against the church at Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria.
2. Godlty men buried Stephen and mourned deeply for him.
3. But Saul began to destroy the church, going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prision.
4. Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.
5. Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Christ there.
6. When the crowds heard Philip and saw the miraculous signs he did, they all paid close attention to what he said.
7. With shrieks, evil spirits came out of many, and many paralytics and cripples were healed.
8. So there was great joy in that city.

What I'm saying here is that it is up to us Christians to keep teaching those who do not know about our Lord,
even tho there is a risk involved, but we can be sure of one thing, that our Jesus has said that He will never leave us.

God bless
Raymond
:fish:

Yes, New2Christ I agree that when we do anything in the Name of Christ it is all for the Glory.

God bless you
Raymond
Psalm 37 : 4, Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

4. Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.
5. Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Christ there.

I love those 2 verses. We see the church scattered and beaten (so they thought) and the end result was the Gospel of Christ being taught to the samaritans. The end result was worse for the persecuters than the first.

This shows us that God will always work things out for Good. Even when we see our situation as dire-God is in full control.

Back