Book of Enoch

Book of Enoch

Has anyone else investigated into this "lost book" that is not included in the canon. I have, and am actually not sure why it is excluded. They say it was written Before Christ, and if that is the case, i find it amazing how detailed it is in depicting the Messiah. It also gives details on the pre-flood era and Heaven. Here an excerpt:

Enoch 46:
'1There I (Enoch) beheld the Ancient of days, whose head was like white wool, and with him another, whose countenance resembled that of man. His countenance was full of grace, like that of one of the holy angels. Then I inquired of one of the angels, who went with me, and who showed me every secret thing, concerning this Son of man; who he was; whence he was and why he accompanied the Ancient of days.
2He answered and said to me, This is the Son of man, to whom righteousness belongs; with whom righteousness has dwelt; and who will reveal all the treasures of that which is concealed: for the Lord of spirits has chosen him; and his portion has surpassed all before the Lord of spirits in everlasting uprightness.'

Amen!

The book of Enoch is an interesting work and can be an interesting study but do not confuse it with scripture. There were many sects with many different beliefs and indeed even the early churches had a different list of writings considered cannon but I (personally) believe that the Almighty God, Lord and King of the universe had no trouble in getting us the 66 books He wanted us to have in our bible. Below is a link to the text of the subject- It is also interseting to note that many of the web sites that did research on this book also went deep into occultic and non christina dogma. blessings- brother Larry

Has anyone else investigated into this "lost book" that is not included in the canon. I have, and am actually not sure why it is excluded. They say it was written Before Christ, and if that is the case, i find it amazing how detailed it is in depicting the Messiah. It also gives details on the pre-flood era and Heaven. Here an excerpt:

Enoch 46:
'1There I (Enoch) beheld the Ancient of days, whose head was like white wool, and with him another, whose countenance resembled that of man. His countenance was full of grace, like that of one of the holy angels. Then I inquired of one of the angels, who went with me, and who showed me every secret thing, concerning this Son of man; who he was; whence he was and why he accompanied the Ancient of days.
2He answered and said to me, This is the Son of man, to whom righteousness belongs; with whom righteousness has dwelt; and who will reveal all the treasures of that which is concealed: for the Lord of spirits has chosen him; and his portion has surpassed all before the Lord of spirits in everlasting uprightness.'

Amen!

Yes, I have read it (but not recently) and thought it was somewhat inspired. The editor seemed to think it was quoted often in the NT. But I don't think it really adds anything to the Canon as it is.

The book of Enoch is considered to have been written somewhere between 300BC and 100AD. It was found among the dead sea scrolls. It is actually made of two parts, which are both fascinating.

It is mentioned in the New Testament.

There was contraversy surrounding it somewhere in the 3rd century AD and thus it then became unpopular for christians to read this book, considering it to be 'fabricated'

The book is unlikely to be from the Enoch mentioned in the bible since he existed a few centuries before its writing.

In truth the apochrypha and other spurious writtings seem repetitious at best and contradictory at worst.

for the Lord of spirits has chosen him;

Does it say anything in the Bible about Chrits being chosen?

To me this would sound like He wasn't the Son of God, in which there was only one. And only one to 'choose' from?

I am curious.

God bless,
Johnathan

E´noch
(“dedicated,†“initiatedâ€). The name of two men, two others having their name given asHanoch, and the name of a city.
1. The eldest son of Cain, who gave his own name to the city he built (Genesis 4:17-18).
2. The son of Jared (Genesis 5:18) and father of Methuselah (Genesis 5:21; Luke 3:37). After the birth of Methuselah, in his sixty-fifth year, he lived 300 years. Following his son’s birth it is said (Genesis 5:22-24) that Enoch “walked with God three hundred years … and he was not, for God took him.†As a reward of his sanctity he was transported into heaven without dying, and thus the doctrine of immortality was plainly taught under the old dispensation. In the epistle to the Hebrews (Hebrews 11:5) the issue of Enoch’s life is clearly marked. Jude (Jude 14-15) quotes from a prophecy of Enoch, but whether he derived his quotation from tradition or from writing is uncertain. The voice of early ecclesiastical tradition is almost unanimous in regarding Enoch and Elijah as the “two witnesses†(Revelation 11:3).
3. The first city mentioned in Scripture (Genesis 4:17), which was built by Cain; it lies E of Eden and in the land of Nod.

From Quick verse 2006 Deluxe

Back