Book of Life/Salvation

Book of Life/Salvation

:)
Was the book of life written before the world began? Did God elect all that would be saved by NAME before the world was created, therefore predestining some for salvation and others for damnation? Who are the elect? Do we choose Him or does he choose us?

There are many scriptures that talk about Gods election before the world began. Some believe this to be totally finished and we have no choice. There are also even more that speak of us making a choice to accept his gift.

This started me thinking. Is there any way that both could be true?

First of all I believe that the canon of the scriptures we have is complete and that what is there belongs there. Therefore it must all be true and also that there are no contradictions. After many hours of research and study of scripture it accured to me that the Bible uses the word elect to describe three different groups of people. In the Old Testament the word only appears 4 times, (Isa 42:1; 45:4; 65:0; 65:2) and all 4 times it is refering to Israel. Then there are the ones chosen for a special purpose. Ond last but not least, all of His church. (Matt 24:31)

Summary:
God elected, before the foundation of the world and before the world began three groups of people to receive his grace, salvation, and eternal life. These groups of people therefore were predestined to receive these gifts from God. These three groups make up His complete church. The three groups are:
  • Those chosen by God for some special purpose. Among the Elect mentioned in scripture are Moses, Abraham, David, the Israelites, Christ, angels, writers of the Books of the Bible, Christ's disciples, etc. (Members of this group were named and also written in the book of life before the world began.)
  • The remnant of Israel. Rev 7:4-8 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. 5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand. 6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthali were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand. 7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. 8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand. KJV
  • The rest of us. The great multitude, mentioned in Rev. 7:9-10. The election to this group is on going. People are added to it every minute. They are added when they choose to believe in Jesus. (Rev. 7:9-10); After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Therefore, when the scriptures speak of God’s election before the world began God is telling us that he predestined certain groups to be saved. These groups are; the remnant of Israel; others because of their special purpose for them in God’s plan; and still others because of their choice to accept his gift of grace, salvation, and eternal life.

Everything that I have said here can be backed up with scripture. The scriptures involved are too numerous to post here but I have them all.

The word “Elect” appears only 17 times. In the KJV and 20 times in the NKJV
The word “Chosen” appears 123 times in the KJV and 109 times in the NKJV
The word “Chose” appears 29 in the KJV and 35 times in the NKJV
The word “Choose” appears 59 times in the KJV and 39 times in the NKJV
The word “election” appears 6 times in the KJV of the Bible.
The phrase “world began” 6 times in the KJV of the Bible and only 2 times referring to the election. In both cases someone from group 2 above was mentioned.
The phrase “foundation of the world” appears 10 times in the KJV of the Bible

:preach:

only God is good,so i would imagine he will save good,no matter how rough you think you are.or how bad evil says you are or floods your mind.controlling yourself means you try.the teacher teaches,the good seed learns God,s will.:jesus-sign:

The Bible says God chooses us first but He gives us free will to choose whether we will heed His calling or not.
I believe The Bible says our name will be added to the Book of Life which indicates it is not already there~
God Bless You!!!

The BOOK OF LIFE
Ps. 139:16: "Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them." God knows who are his, even before they are born, everyone who lives is written in the book of life.
http://www.letusreason.org/Doct5.htm

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Those He foreknows (has knowledge of your life and choices and coming to Christ ) He predestines (puts the necessary elements in place to bring you to Him). He knowing your heart draws and calls you and brings you to a place of justifaction, shares and imparts the glory of Christ in and with You.

Interpetation mine.

Back