Book recommendations please

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
A book has caught my eye, but before I read it I just want some input from you good people on whether it would be useful to read a book on learning to live by the Holy Spirit or just watch videos or if you have your own recommendations. It seems Christianity emphasises being led by the Spirit, and at the moment I'm anything but!
It's by Kenneth E Hagin and it's titled
"How you can be led by the spirit of God"

A book has caught my eye, but before I read it I just want some input from you good people on whether it would be useful to read a book on learning to live by the Holy Spirit or just watch videos or if you have your own recommendations. It seems Christianity emphasises being led by the Spirit, and at the moment I'm anything but!
I've been partial to the Green Letters https://www.amazon.com/Green-Letters-Principles-Spiritual-Growth/dp/0310330017

You will not ever go wrong with Kenneth Hagin.
Blessings

In my opinion, that's the best book out there. Kenneth Hagin is a godly man, and has many good books.
I believe in visions is super also.
Blessings

I am currently reading So You Want to be Like Christ by Charles "Chuck" Swindoll. He is a fabulous teacher / preacher. The book is about becoming more like Christ and taking on his characteristics. It's challenging because it focuses on obedience. That can be tough, but it's really good and I am learning a lot about myself. Obedience in all areas of my life is not even has hard as I thought it would be. It's actually bringing more joy and happiness to me.

I have also started reading a book called The Noticer by Andy Andrews. It's about our perception and how we view things. How your perception can change your behavior, etc.

Yes mam there was a season in my life where I listened to him on the radio and tv.
Anointed man of God!!
Blessed knowing your Being Blessed
Blessings
FCJ

Chuck Swindoll is so gifted and anointed. one of his gifts is in teaching. you can so see it, too. His Journey of Paul is incredible. It's like you are literally walking with Paul and learning all about him personally as if you are there with him.

A good book is The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. It's an excellent guide for applying 1 Thessalonians 5:16-28 to daily living.

A good book is The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. It's an excellent guide for applying 1 Thessalonians 5:16-28 to daily living.

Hello BibleLover;

I haven't come across The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. In my view, Thessalonians was a role model church for Christ. They grasped the teachings of the Gospel. There were still areas Paul had to teach and encourage. One of them was the second coming of Christ reference 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

There is a book I recommend by Gary L. McIntosh, One Church Four Generations. Its about understanding all ages in our churches and how to reach out to them. For example, the "Bridgers" are a generation starting from the mid 80s who are very technically savvy and community minded but they were hurting in the areas of broken families and are very pragmatic about their faith. They are seeking a church that meets their needs.

Compared to the "Boomers" who rallied behind world war II, lived in a strong economy, education was important and technology was being rooted. They couldn't live without a tv and AM/FM radio, the latest and greatest at that time. Though the churches were filled on Sundays many "Boomers" ignored their faith.

There is so much more that McIntosh covers but would be a worthwhile read, especially those in ministries that reach out to all ages.

Last edited:
Stay away from all books by Him and Kenneth Copeland, as they totally distort the scriptures! Much better would be R.C.Sproul - The Mystery of the Holy Spirit.

Stay away from all books by Him and Kenneth Copeland, as they totally distort the scriptures! Much better would be R.C.Sproul - The Mystery of the Holy Spirit.
Well it’s too late I read it lol.

to be fair, I found it out of my league.

I really don’t go around getting a velvety feeling when I recognise the Holy Spirit.

recognising the Holy Spirit has been more of a “ via, your being stupid, so pack it in” kind of knowing, or...most often,

Just a conscience prick😊

Well it’s too late I read it lol.

to be fair, I found it out of my league.

I really don’t go around getting a velvety feeling when I recognise the Holy Spirit.

recognising the Holy Spirit has been more of a “ via, your being stupid, so pack it in” kind of knowing, or...most often,

Just a conscience prick😊
A good entry book would be the Holy Spirit by Billy Graham!

I agree. Believers should beware of "name it and claim" prosperity gospel purveyors who teach that you can manipulate God to bring about your own prosperity or to gain some material advantage. Such teachings are basically a form of witchcraft clothing itself with a Bible cover.

I personally get a lot out of Transformed by Rick Warren, every time I rediscover it. It seems to me these days I get more from the references used to write material on subjects like apologetics. Digging deeper brings me full circle back to scripture which is where I need to be reading anyway. No matter how many times I reread something, it always speaks to me in a new way.

I personally get a lot out of Transformed by Rick Warren, every time I rediscover it. It seems to me these days I get more from the references used to write material on subjects like apologetics. Digging deeper brings me full circle back to scripture which is where I need to be reading anyway. No matter how many times I reread something, it always speaks to me in a new way.

Having read another book by Rick Warren "Bible Study Methods," I would venture to read other books of his like this one.

cp

Back