Book recommendations please

I agree. Believers should beware of "name it and claim" prosperity gospel purveyors who teach that you can manipulate God to bring about your own prosperity or to gain some material advantage. Such teachings are basically a form of witchcraft clothing itself with a Bible cover.
The so called visualization is very akin to witchcraft and Occultic practices!

The so called visualization is very akin to witchcraft and Occultic practices!
I don’t think that visualising is bad.
Athletes do it to help them try and win.

on the other hand, visualising a win, and relying just on the visualising alone won’t get an athlete anywhere.

Jesus did say believe to receive, so one way of believing to receive is visualising you already have it.

I don’t think that visualising is bad.
Athletes do it to help them try and win.

on the other hand, visualising a win, and relying just on the visualising alone won’t get an athlete anywhere.

Jesus did say believe to receive, so one way of believing to receive is visualising you already have it.
I was speaking of thre practive of making a visual image and somehow causing that to turn into physical reality!

Just jumping in here, without a vision the people perish - I'm sure that's said somewhere in the Bible.

I think the thing is with people 'seeing is believing' yet paradoxically it's the unseen and the faithful that remain faithful despite not even having seen that Jesus is impressed by.

I suppose you can draw a picture and try and 'see' what you have in your mind even though it's not here in reality.

Humans are such visual creatures hence the immense popularity of television. Even though what you are looking at is really, pixels or lights on a screen. It's not actually THERE in front of you.

I know its off topic, but I really don't mind if people discuss visions on here. its all good.

visions are ok, and necessary. so what should come first when creating? , vision or hearing ?

in the beginning was the Word. Faith comes by hearing....etc...
but also, in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...He did this with a vision in His Mind, or The Word Of God? I know He created through Christ..

agghhh,...

so which first? vision or hearing

I know its off topic, but I really don't mind if people discuss visions on here. its all good.

visions are ok, and necessary. so what should come first when creating? , vision or hearing ?

in the beginning was the Word. Faith comes by hearing....etc...
but also, in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...He did this with a vision in His Mind, or The Word Of God? I know He created through Christ..

agghhh,...

so which first? vision or hearing
Jesus, being very Word of the Father and also God Himself, just spoke and it all was!
God needs NO faith/vision etc, just said "be", and it became!

A book has caught my eye, but before I read it I just want some input from you good people on whether it would be useful to read a book on learning to live by the Holy Spirit or just watch videos or if you have your own recommendations. It seems Christianity emphasises being led by the Spirit, and at the moment I'm anything but!
It's by Kenneth E Hagin and it's titled
"How you can be led by the spirit of God"
Dad Hagin's stuff is generally excellent. Also Derek Prince, Bob Mumford, Malcom Smith, and Watchman Nee.

His stuff was word of faith, very bad, as it came from Kenyon, who got it from Mind science cults!
Hagin's applications of FAITH, however were Biblical in nature, and not linked to the "Prosperity" corruption of it by others. Taken as a whole Dad Hagin was very orthodox. I've never formed any opinion of, nor listened to Junior Hagin.

Kenneth Sr. had three BASIC scriptures:

What IS biblical faith - Heb 11:1
What's the SOURCE of Biblical faith - Rom 10:17
How is FAITH applied Mark 11:22-24

The PROBLEM with toxic "Word of Faith" is that it's not "Faith based" at all - it's all manipulations, formulas, and buckets of assumption.

Hagin's applications of FAITH, however were Biblical in nature, and not linked to the "Prosperity" corruption of it by others. Taken as a whole Dad Hagin was very orthodox. I've never formed any opinion of, nor listened to Junior Hagin.

Kenneth Sr. had three BASIC scriptures:

What IS biblical faith - Heb 11:1
What's the SOURCE of Biblical faith - Rom 10:17
How is FAITH applied Mark 11:22-24

The PROBLEM with toxic "Word of Faith" is that it's not "Faith based" at all - it's all manipulations, formulas, and buckets of assumption.
kennethg Hagin theology though is mirrored by kenneth Copeland, both very unbiblical!

The word of faith that is rampant today is far from that though!
SOME of it is, and SOME of it isn't. Hagin was pretty straight up Biblical about it. Copeland suffers from oral diarrhea, and Hobart Freeman killed over 100 of his congregants with it.

The question is, whether there's actually any BIBLICAL FAITH (Heb 11:1) in the specific "Word of Faith" group. Generally there's NOT, and it's all "Methods", and "Magic Words".

Back