Bookworm

violet

Inactive
Bookworm

How are you feeling?
I don't miss that morning sickness because mine was 24/7 sickness for 3 months straight.
But the worse the morning sickness, the easier the birth!
Bless you and I hope you are doing well.
Love, Violet

Thanks for the thread, Violet. You are so sweet!!!!!:heart:

The morning sickness is still bad, but I am finding ways to work with it. For those who don't know, I am 11 weeks along now with my fourth, and my sickness is so bad that I've lost 11 pounds over the past 3 weeks. I feel like I am living on gatorade, chicken noodle soup, and sucking on cinnamon altoids. :p

I bought some crangrape and had some today without getting sick. And I figured out that as long as I eat dinner really early, eat a very small amount, and eat light things, then I am able to keep it down.

Violet, I had bad morning sickness with my two boys also. It was horrible and lasted the whole pregnancy. The only good thing is I didn't gain too much because of it.

Today I am going to try calling for an OB/GYN. I have discovered that there might be none where I live and I may have to drive to the city to see one.

Thanks for thinking of me! I'll keep everyone updated from time to time in this thread. :)

I have been thinking about you~

I am so happy for you!!!
Children are truly a blessing from the LORD!

Soda crackers don't really help much but baked potatoes settled my stomach for a short while.
It was always so nice to be able to nuke a potato in 5 minutes!

You ladies have both my sympathy and utmost respect!

Bookworm, I suffered with morning sickness with my first pregnancy and then with both my girls (my first was a boy!) but the other five , none at all, how strange!
I found sparkling mineral water, you know the fizzy unflavoured kind was a life saver.
It was light and refreshing and the bubbles meant it was easier to drink than just plain water.
It was the only thing I found helped at all.
Hopefully it will start to get better very soon.

Jax, I haven't tried mineral water yet. Normally I cringe at any type of water that isn't just plain. These days I can't even drink my plain water and I have been adding lemon to it.

I did buy some mineral water at the store the other day because I was thinking it with lemonade, honey, and ice in a blender. I haven't done it yet. Since you mentioned drinking it plain, I'll probably give it a try and see how that goes. If I can't get it down, then I could always try adding some lemon.

Thanks!

Violet, tonight I had a baked potatoe and I thought of you while eating it. For the topping I mixed in a bowl: extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chopped up artichoke from a jar, a wee smidgen of garlic, and chopped up black olives. It was soooo good.

The morning sickness is almost all gone. Some days I am starving, but I really don't have an appetite for much. I am around 17 weeks (or so) and I've lost a total of 21 pounds.

I went to the doctor finally. Everything is looking good. Heart beat is fine. Baby moves all over. It is currently lying transverse and facing my back.... but babies change position a lot still at this age. They gave me a couple of pics from the ultrasound, but I don't have my scanner working to put them on here. In Feb. I go for another ultrasound and they are going to put it on a DVD-R.

That is all for the update.....

Oh! I can feel the baby move now. I thought that I was feeling it a couple of days ago, but I wasn't sure. Today I was feeling it lots more. :) My oldest wanted to feel, but I told her that she probably won't be able to feel it externally for about another month.

It feels kinda like little thumps. When I was pregnant with my second child, years ago, he was breached and I could feel his entire head through my upper abdomen. It was the neatest thing. I used to rub my hand over his round little head in there.

Bookworm~
That is so exciting!!!!

Make sure you eat well, even if you don't always feel like eating~

Take good care of yourself!

I had the sonogram Friday and it's a girl. :) Also, everything is great with the pregnancy and baby, despite all of the stress and depression I have been going through lately. I have lost more weight on their scale. So, I am very thankful to God for giving me a girl, because he has known how I have wanted one, and I am also very thankful for everything being well with the baby and pregnancy.

Back