Born again

using scripture with your thoughts also. what doe being Born again mean to you . Nicodemus had a hard time understanding and if we are honest its better experienced than explained . Born of the spirit and the water me personally i feel the water represents the word . due to the fact we are told faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God

using scripture with your thoughts also. what doe being Born again mean to you . Nicodemus had a hard time understanding and if we are honest its better experienced than explained . Born of the spirit and the water me personally i feel the water represents the word . due to the fact we are told faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God
Being born again means we're regenerated, meaning we are renewed in our total being (Titus 3:3-6). In addition our mind specifically is renovated so we no longer think as the world, but we think like God now (Rom. 12:2). We are not the same creature as before once we are saved and filled with God's Spirit.

Hi F61 this means a lot to me right now as I have been getting dragged down with things I want to improve but lacked a world view that helped me.

For me, personally, it means waking up and seeing how stupid I can/ have been and by sleepwalking I miss the way the world really is. It’s not a bed or roses like I used to think or would like/ want it to be, In fact it’s more or less always a bed of thorns. My mouth can get me into so much trouble and I am constantly having to review myself daily to make this human experience a little bit less harmful than it already is. I have only just started to get really tough with myself in situations where I would otherwise mope and moan and play victim and instead look at things from other peoples points of view and learn to see that I can make a difference in what I say and do for others peopl and not just myself.

Blessings and thanks for the great question.

Being born again be like being touched by God . Just like in Michal Angelos painting of the account of creation with the God reaching down to Adam and the God breathing or touching his enlightenment into him.

Being born again means we're regenerated, meaning we are renewed in our total being (Titus 3:3-6). In addition our mind specifically is renovated so we no longer think as the world, but we think like God now (Rom. 12:2). We are not the same creature as before once we are saved and filled with God's Spirit.
i was given this message to preach saturday at a homecoming.. one thing i stressed unless the Holy Spirit is drawing us any thing outside of that its a miscarriage at the altar (born of the spirit )

i was given this message to preach saturday at a homecoming.. one thing i stressed unless the Holy Spirit is drawing us any thing outside of that its a miscarriage at the altar (born of the spirit )

Hello forgiven;

Was this the message where they only gave you limited time minutes to preach?

I don't mean to get off track and will post later to born again after Church.

Love in Christ.
Bob

Hello forgiven61, I believe that being "born again" or "born from above" is God working mightily in us (who are born "physically" alive but "spiritually" dead) to bring us to "spiritual" life. As BibleLover already said above, I believe this means that God quickens or regenerates us 'spiritually' and makes us who, again, were born (spiritually) dead in our trespasses and sins, (spiritually) alive.

Ephesians 2
1 You were dead in your trespasses and sins,
2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, ~made us alive together with Christ~ (by grace you have been saved).

This is described in some detail for us by God in the OT, in the passage (see below) that I believe the Lord Jesus was referring to when He chided Nicodemus as, "the teacher of Israel" .. John 3:10, for not already knowing what it meant to be "born again".

Ezekiel 36
25 “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.”

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

Last edited:
Hello forgiven61, I believe that being "born again" or "born from above" is God working mightily in us (who are born "physically" alive but "spiritually" dead) to bring us to "spiritual" life. As BibleLover already said above, I believe this means that God quickens or regenerates us 'spiritually' and makes us who, again, were born (spiritually) dead in our trespasses and sins, (spiritually) alive.

Ephesians 2
1 You were dead in your trespasses and sins,
2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, ~made us alive together with Christ~ (by grace you have been saved).

This is described in some detail for us by God in the OT, in the passage (see below) that I believe the Lord Jesus was referring to when He chided Nicodemus as, "the teacher of Israel" .. John 3:10, for not already knowing what it meant to be "born again".

Ezekiel 36
25 “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.”

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
i like that there is all kinds scriptures to help describe the new birth

When a person believed the gospel of Christ, they are saved. Here is just one of the results of being born again.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 For 5:7

When a person believed the gospel of Christ, they are saved. Here is just one of the results of being born again.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 For 5:7
yes and in fact i brought this out or should i say the Lord had me bring it out.. how often we forget that we are a new creation in Christ. in reference to the old man flaring up in us// might i also add this was a part 2 message neither one of them went the way i thought they would. see there is us doing the preaching or the real preacher the the Holy Spirit preaching. our ways never amount t anything.

You have a new life when you are born again.

Jesus said in John 10:10
The thief only comes to steal kill and destroy, I am come that they may have life and have it in abundance.

Here is a good passage:

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: - Rom 8:14-16

Of course those that are saved have the Holy Spirit in them and have the fruit of the Spirit.

(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) - Eph 5:9

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. - Gal 5:22-23

Hello forgiven;

Was this the message where they only gave you limited time minutes to preach?

I don't mean to get off track and will post later to born again after Church.

Love in Christ.
Bob
Were YOU ever given a time limit where you were asked to preach at?????

Just asking!!!

If I was ever told that I had a limited time frame to preach in, I would say......Ask someone else!

But. I am old and Old Fashioned!

Once, I guess about 1990, I was asked to give a homecoming sermon at the church I grew up in. The service started at 11 AM and the pastor had several singing groups, several testimonies and finally at 1:10 PM he introduced me.

I stood up and said....."The hour is late and most of us are tired, sleepy and hungry. Lord bless the meal, lets eat".

As God is my witness........I was given a standing ovation!

Were YOU ever given a time limit where you were asked to preach at????? Just asking!!! If I was ever told that I had a limited time frame to preach in, I would say......Ask someone else! But. I am old and Old Fashioned! Once, I guess about 1990, I was asked to give a homecoming sermon at the church I grew up in. The service started at 11 AM and the pastor had several singing groups, several testimonies and finally at 1:10 PM he introduced me. I stood up and said....."The hour is late and most of us are tired, sleepy and hungry. Lord bless the meal, lets eat". As God is my witness........I was given a standing ovation!

Hello Major;

One time.

I officiated a funeral back in January 2023 and during the message the funeral director approached me from behind the pulpit. I turned around and she told me I had 5 minutes to finish.

That threw me off but continued anyway. It so happened I was done in 7 minutes. I thought to myself, what?

Part of my message was the Gospel and there were guests in the funeral chapel who weren't saved.

The family member who coordinated the funeral was upset and addressed the director afterward.

Only God gives me the time and Word whether I go over or under the time frame.

Hello Major;

One time.

I officiated a funeral back in January 2023 and during the message the funeral director approached me from behind the pulpit. I turned around and she told me I had 5 minutes to finish.

That threw me off but continued anyway. It so happened I was done in 7 minutes. I thought to myself, what?

Part of my message was the Gospel and there were guests in the funeral chapel who weren't saved.

The family member who coordinated the funeral was upset and addressed the director afterward.

My Pastor says he never looks at his watch, he will,however, sometimes look at the calendar. LOL.

Hello Major;

One time.

AMEN!

I can relate to what you said. I have had several run ins with funeral directors. One of my church members owned a funeral home and my brother in law is a funeral home director so, so I had lots of back up when they were not used.

Back