Born of the Holy Spirit

Born of the Holy Spirit

What is the significance of the Holy Spirit and why is it so necessary to be born of the Holy Spirit? Jesus Christ reveals the significance of the Holy Spirit, as it is written in John 4: 23-26:
"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will tell us all things."
Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He."
What’s the purpose of the Holy Spirit and what part does he play in one’s entering the Kingdom of God? As products of the world of darkness, we are the antithesis of those who enter and live in the Kingdom of God. How do we become that which we are not and know not? We are flesh, God is spirit, we are born and live in darkness, God is and has always been holy. How do we do it? We cannot but God can. How does He do it? How does God make us into what we are not? God does it through the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ which we symbolize via water baptism and the working of the Holy Spirit within us, as it is written in John 14: 15-17; 23-26
"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever - the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
"These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
In conclusion, the Word of God says in Romans 8: 1-14:
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin:
He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors--not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”

Repentance leads to salvation and if we confess our sins to him He is Just to forgive us and lead us to all righteousness.

God bless

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Univac That was very good. Dead on.
If you will, answer me this one. I've been trying 'in my head' to find a simple way to describe 'walking in the spirit'. or as Romans 1:1 puts it 'walking after the Spirit' How would you describe it?

Univac That was very good. Dead on.
If you will, answer me this one. I've been trying 'in my head' to find a simple way to describe 'walking in the spirit'. or as Romans 1:1 puts it 'walking after the Spirit' How would you describe it?

I was looking at Romans 8:1 again. I was looking at it in several different versions.
Romans 8

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Several versions actually leave off the second part of the verse. That is the key part of it. The operative phrase as is the popular saying. To say "There is now no condemnation to those who belong to Christ Jesus" sounds nice but it totally erases the fact that we have a responsibility here. We have to walk not after the flesh but after the Holy Spirit.

We have to live in the Spirit not in our heads. I have a brain but it is nothing more than a supercomputer, like yours. Unfortunately it has no 'internet connection'. I have to walk in the Spirit because my spirit is always online with a high speed link to the Holy Spirit. Without that link I might as well try to fly off of the Golden Gate bridge with no wings and an anvil in my pocket.
I will have no communication with my God and I will not grow in Him

Many versions leave out reference to the Cleansing Blood of Jesus which was shed to ratify the covenant that God made with us.:eek:

Many leave out the fact that we MUST walk in the Spirit. :eek:

Please be careful which version you use.

I was looking at Romans 8:1 again. I was looking at it in several different versions.
Romans 8

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Several versions actually leave off the second part of the verse. That is the key part of it. The operative phrase as is the popular saying. To say "There is now no condemnation to those who belong to Christ Jesus" sounds nice but it totally erases the fact that we have a responsibility here. We have to walk not after the flesh but after the Holy Spirit.

We have to live in the Spirit not in our heads. I have a brain but it is nothing more than a supercomputer, like yours. Unfortunately it has no 'internet connection'. I have to walk in the Spirit because my spirit is always online with a high speed link to the Holy Spirit. Without that link I might as well try to fly off of the Golden Gate bridge with no wings and an anvil in my pocket.
I will have no communication with my God and I will not grow in Him

Many versions leave out reference to the Cleansing Blood of Jesus which was shed to ratify the covenant that God made with us.:eek:

Please be careful which version you use.

Thanks for your Advise

In conclusion, the Word of God says in Romans 8: 1-14:
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin:
He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors--not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”

[/quote]

Please be careful which version you use.[/quote]

Am I missing something Here :confused:

God bless

Am I missing something Here :confused:

I guess my point is Nothing but nothing in our walk with God comes automatically. Our salvation was not automatic otherwise nobody would go to hell. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is not automatic. Healing is not automatic. Everything in out covenant is "You do I will do, You do I will do." There is now no condemnation (judgement) to those who are in the anointing of Jesus (I will do), who walk not in the flesh but in the Spirit (You do). ¿Vea lo que yo quiero decir? See what I mean?

You need to understand repentance leads to salvation, and thats the reason our LOrd Jesus was incarnated. By the meaning of the Father we are reconciled through the reconciliation Jesus Christ as we receive the Holy Spirit. First came John to set the path straight before the lord, baptism by water (repentance ) As Lord Jesus then baptises with the Holy Spirit.

Quote from above

What’s the purpose of the Holy Spirit and what part does he play in one’s entering the Kingdom of God? As products of the world of darkness, we are the antithesis of those who enter and live in the Kingdom of God. How do we become that which we are not and know not? We are flesh, God is spirit, we are born and live in darkness, God is and has always been holy. How do we do it? We cannot but God can. How does He do it? How does God make us into what we are not? God does it through the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ which we symbolize via water baptism and the working of the Holy Spirit within us, as it is written in John 14: 15-17; 23-26

It seems to me that you don't read the whole post but some.

God bless

You need to understand repentance leads to salvation, and thats the reason our LOrd Jesus was incarnated. By the meaning of the Father we are reconciled through the reconciliation Jesus Christ as we receive the Holy Spirit. First came John to set the path straight before the lord, baptism by water (repentance ) As Lord Jesus then baptises with the Holy Spirit.

Quote from above

It seems to me that you don't read the whole post but some.

God bless

Was this to me Univac?

Well you say that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is automatic, I agree totaly,
We must travel through the water first and be born from above,
Repentance leads to salvation. So via water batism and the working of the Holy SPirit within us.
As what does this mean to you only you know.

God bless

Well you say that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is automatic, I agree totaly,
We must travel through the water first and be born from above,
Repentance leads to salvation. So via water batism and the working of the Holy SPirit within us.
As what does this mean to you only you know.

God bless

Hmmmm
Actually I'm a little confused there U. When a person accepts Jesus as Savior and Lord he is filled with the Holy Spirit. But when he/she receives the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives evidenced by tongues or the other gifts of the Spirit People call that the Baptism of the Spirit or the infilling.

So In my understanding there it is. A person is filled with the Holy Spirit at spiritual birth. Thats not automatic at all. Its part of being born again. The other The receiving of Holy Spirit power and the evidence of gifts is not automatic either Its a result of total surrender to the Holy Spirit

You do I do You do I do.

HBUY

Once a person is saved, believing on the Lord Jesus, they are baptised with the Holy Spirit. Water baptism is an outward symbol of the inward transformation-the new birth. The Spirit points prompts us and leads us back to God's Word, which He is the Author. We can grieve or quench the Spirit, but if we are born children of God, we will not lose the Spirit. In the Old Testament He would come and go. Jesus said what kind of gifts would accompany those who have believed, which I believe was to evidence the faith of the apostles as authentic, so others would know the truth. When people saw the dead raised, the sick healed, and toungs of fire decening upon the apostles, they knew these miracles testified that these apostles preaching Christ were following the one true God. Since then we have many people running around in Pentacostal churches 'possesed' by a spirit, and blabbing in toungs, which I think many people are doing as a show to look spiritual among their peers. I think the Pentacost was in Acts and for the most part stayed in acts. I could be wrong. Paul made instructed the propper use of toungs and made it clear that there was no use for it if there was no interpreter. So my question to people listening to someone speaking in toungs is this; what is the interpretation? When Paul told us not to be filled with drunkeness, but rather be filled by the Spirit, he meant to be under the control-or walking by-the Spirit. The soft voice that brings scricpture to mind, the joy that fills us when we hear God's Truth cutting through venemous lies, the mourning over our sin, I believe is the Holy Spirit at work within us. Christ also said many would come in His name, perfoming many miracles, and He would say to them that He never knew them, 'Depart from Me, accursed.' I think there are a lot of 'healers' on t.v. platforms that will fall into this category.

LOL No Don't be sorry my friend. Tongues is a legitimate gift of the Spirit For today as much as yesterday and Pentecost. Unfortunately some people do misuse the gift, some major on it. Both are wrong.
Tongues has two main uses. One I think its the more important of the two.... Is a prayer language. Where one goes into his/her prayer place, alone with the Lord. Often we do not know how to pray. The Holy Spirit will pray through us and for us with words and groanings that we have no way of knowing.
Romans 8:26

The second is much different. Its public Prophesy is given by the Holy Spirit sometimes in tongues. At those times there must be one to interpret. Sometimes it is the one who prophesied. The gift though is always subject to the one who has it. So yes. There must be order to it so that confusion is not the result.

Now I hope this doesn't start another argument. grin.

HBUY

We are flesh, God is spirit, we are born and live in darkness, God is and has always been holy.

Univac. Where does it say in the bible that we are flesh?

I really cannot find it.

I am careful what version I use. I use primarily the King James. It is acknowledged to be the most accurate version.

We are flesh, God is spirit, we are born and live in darkness, God is and has always been holy.

I really cannot find it.

I am careful what version I use. I use primarily the King James. It is acknowledged to be the most accurate version.

Denadii Cho

Wh
ere Does it not ?

Wh
ere Does it not ?

Do you have a scripture verse to back up what you said or not my friend?

If not all you are doing is preacing religion not bible.

What did I say My friend enlighten me. You seem to think you know everything.

Youngster I simply asked you to back up what you said with scripture. Nothing more. I made no accusations or statements. Do you have scripture that says we are flesh? No? What?

Youngster I simply asked you to back up what you said with scripture. Nothing more. I made no accusations or statements. Do you have scripture that says we are flesh? No? What?

Here Univac. I'm not attacking you at all my friend.

This verse will back up what you said.

Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

You are my brother. I am never never against you.

Back