Bride of Christ

Indeed Jasher we may all enter the Holy of Holies but not many do. Even in the Jewish temple where God and man met the outer court was small for the populations size- Why? Because sadly not many really wanted to go past their religious obligations. The inner court was smaller still and only true servants could enter. Today we have free access to God but it has been my experience that those who wish to press into His presence are the minority. When you come face to face with God you must be willing to submit, yield and change- most do not want to let go of the control they have over their lives ( even if it is but an illusion).
How many people seek God as a means to empower their own agenda and how many people truly seek to do His will?

There seems to be a principle in the Bible where Jesus says that if we don't judge ourselves - he will have to Judge us. And he also often uses our enemies to Judge us. Example: The first and second destruction of the city and the Temple. Jim Bakker who was involved in terrible corruption, but found God in prison. And so on.

I think we must remember that the USA is a government and all governments in the world are still beasts - howbeit a mild beast. Our major enemy is of course Satan and his followers. Some corrupt people even had their candlestick removed - they died - I had a relative who was removed because of his corruption.

Larry II

Look in the mirror- surrender- look at Christ- grow in grace.
When done repeat.:)

Look in the mirror- surrender- look at Christ- grow in grace.
When done repeat.:)

I'm finding ths hard to do. But your comment, Larry, reminds me of the Laver in the Tabernacle. After you passed the Alter, you went there to wash and to behold your image in the Water.

Larry II

Sorry:
Exo 38:8 And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the looking glasses of thewomen assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

The first order of business to enter God's presence was the blood sacrifice (the cross). the second stop to wards the Holiest place (where God and man met) was the brazen laver.This Laver was a huge bowl of beaten brass (judgment) that was made out of the mirrors of the Hebrew women. The priest was to look into this laver as he washed until he was without spot. This represented the washing of the water of the Word of God as we examine ourselves and surrender our sin and spot to Christ.
It is worthy to note that only two things could touch the earth in the Tabernacle- brass (judgment) and silver (redemption). Even now only two things may touch this body made of earth- judgment or redemption.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

These were all steps to wards the ultimate goal- standing in His holy presence.

I know this thread has been silent for a while, but while going through this particular site I was reading this topic and I rememberd that it had been brought up in CFS so I thought I would share another perspective on the subject.

This Bible study goes over the main scriptures connected to the bride of Christ and explaining who she is. There are several points surrounding the body of Christ, the church, that support the overall view of end-time events as well and label for us the general timing of the bride's catching away to the marriage of the Lamb. This study is my attempt to put together all relevant scriptures pertaining to the bride.
Who is the bride of Christ?
http://www.watchmanbiblestudy.com/BibleStudies/Definitions/Def_BrideofChrist.htm

An interesting link Tom but I believe the bride of Christ is the Church and the Church is the New Jerusalem. We are being built up into a holy habitation and His glory will dwell continually in us. I see no distinction between the two.

Notice there is a distinction between the great multitudes BEFORE the throne (Rev. 7:9) in comparison to the overcomer who Christ will grant to sit with me on my throne (Rev. 3:21) .

Rev. 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev. 3: 21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The Bride of Christ is the Church

The Intimate Bride

by John Robert Lucas
This is a prophecy I wrote down in 1984. At our wedding, in 1988, I had this prophecy read aloud...to believers...to unbelievers...even to the religious.

In scripture an allegory is presented concerning our relationship of Christ: He is our bridegroom and we are His bride. An allegory is something that God gives us, relating to our natural surroundings.

Now, concerning intimate relationship, we are most intimate with Jesus when we are most subjected to Him. We are most like His bride when we desire Him more than anything in the earth.

I tell you: in the day of the Lord I am not coming back for just a church--I am coming back for a bride--a bride that is ready. As of now I have no bride to come back to, but I am preparing one. Right now I have a church, but there is a day when I shall have a bride. (The church in this context is defined as all born again believers, whereas the bride is define as those who are mature in Christ, living beyond the veil--in the inner courts of God's tabernacle)

The church is now becoming My bride as she draws closer to Me in an intimacy that she has never known. Many shall fall away for fear of this type of intimacy. Some will be repulsed by it, but many shall be added daily to her number.

Today's church is much like the children of Israel as they wandered in the wilderness; for, after I revealed Myself and spoke to them, their response was fear, and they chose law and sacrifice over an intimate relationship--a relationship where they could converse with God. (Exodus 20:18-22)

Today's church is the same, for when I shall reveal Myself to them in a different way--not to scare, but that they may draw close to Me--many shall run from My presence because they are unsure of Me, or they are scared of Me, or they are in religious pride. Because of this, not only will they miss out on this mighty moving of My Spirit, but some shall remain outside of My presence for eternity.

However, many shall run to My presence with joy and gladness, coming as children, having put behind them human knowledge, and instead approaching me in a childlike trust. Many that say they know Me at that time, when I am revealed to them, will not recognize Me. The simple ones who do not know Me now will come and know Me then. Many that now truly know Me shall come into a fuller knowledge of Me, enjoying the fullness of My presence.

My bride shall be a faithful one, for I am a jealous God and I will share her with no one. She is always on My mind and takes many of My thoughts, and she loves Me mutually with her thoughts, taking pleasure being with Me. She is now responding to My courting that I have been wooing her with, and soon her romance with Me shall be intense. For, as Enoch walked with Me in an intimate relationship, I was pleased with My bride (Enoch) and I took him up with Me. In the day of the Lord, I shall be pleased with My bride, and I will take her with Me, rapturing (Greek: caught up) her in My presence. There shall be awaiting her a feast of celebration concerning our covenant together for all eternity.

Rejoice and be glad for the day approaches and draws near when I will require My church to transform into a bride. Those who resist shall not remain, for I have not only called them to be mighty soldiers with authority and faith who overcome in battle, but I have also called them to be an affectionate bride.

As she worships Me with kisses, so will I respond to her. For, I am not cold, but I am a passionate lover, whose love I have reserved only for My true bride. My response to her love shall be My presence, and life will I give her. She will enjoy Me as I have also enjoyed her.

Many shall miss it because they are looking for a church and have refused the bride. But, I do not weep for them, for the ones who are willing are My delight. By them My heart is moved and rejoices, and at times breaks with the pleasure that I take with their desire to be with Me. I will reveal Myself to them, and their response shall be one of acceptance and longing. For they shall yearn for those intimate moments that we share together. They will even go to extremes to what they will do to bring Me pleasure and delight. As the jester in the king's court goes to extremes to amuse and delight the king.

My bride shall be a mighty church but with a love to give only found in her lover. She will also be found in reverence, in respect of her groom, standing in awe of Me, crying and weeping and kissing My feet in worship, as Mary did in all humility. But she will not stay there, for after she bows in My majesty, she will stand up and come boldly to Me, without fear, and she will express her love to me with kisses to the lips, which are as sweet as wine to me. For that is part of worship (Greek: to kiss towards). As she draws close to Me, I will draw close to her.

The bride shall come into the bridal suite with Me in the last days before I take her, and she will come to me and consummate our union together. For my word says, where a man and wife, or prostitute and man are joined together on the marriage bed or bed of defilement, they shall be made one, and I shall be made one with My bride. For the honeymoon was not man's invention, but its origin was in the spirit, and it shall come to pass, thus says the Lord.

Back