Briers, Thorns And Scorpions

Monday, September 16, 2013, 5:50 a.m. – the Lord Jesus woke me with the song “Do Not Fear” playing in my mind. Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I had just finished reading Lamentations, but was being torn between reading Ezekiel 1-2 and reading Acts 1-2, and I felt as though the Lord was saying the beginning of both books paralleled each other in some respects so he wanted me to glean something from each one.

Stand on Your Feet!

Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking. ~ Ez. 1:28b

And he said to me, “Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak with you.” And as he spoke to me, the Spirit entered into me and set me on my feet, and I heard him speaking to me. And he said to me, “Son of man, I send you to the people of Israel, to nations of rebels, who have rebelled against me. They and their fathers have transgressed against me to this very day. The descendants also are impudent and stubborn: I send you to them, and you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God.’ And whether they hear or refuse to hear (for they are a rebellious house) they will know that a prophet has been among them. And you, son of man, be not afraid of them, nor be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are with you and you sit on scorpions. Be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, for they are a rebellious house. And you shall speak my words to them, whether they hear or refuse to hear, for they are a rebellious house

“But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Be not rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you.” And when I looked, behold, a hand was stretched out to me, and behold, a scroll of a book was in it. And he spread it before me. And it had writing on the front and on the back, and there were written on it words of lamentation and mourning and woe. ~ Ez. 2
This was Jesus Christ, God the Son, speaking to Ezekiel. He told him to stand on his feet and he would speak to him. Jesus said similar words to Saul when he was on the road to Damascus to persecute followers of Jesus Christ. This was a command of God to ready themselves, to be alert, and to be willing and receptive to hear what the Spirit of God had to say to them. Both men experienced the filling of the Holy Spirit in order to do God’s work. And, the Spirit of God enabled them and strengthened them for the task that was yet before them.

They were to be God’s messengers to the people, to speak the very words of God to the people. What an awesome task! Paul was sent to open blinded eyes and to turn people from darkness (evil/sin) to the light of Christ (truth/purity) so that the people could receive forgiveness of their sins and a place among those who are being sanctified and made holy by the Spirit of God. And, Ezekiel was called to speak to God’s people, though Paul did that, too, and these were a stubborn and rebellious people. Yet, he was to speak to them whether they listened or not. So many times when God called his servants to obedience, he also encouraged them not to be afraid of what the people’s response would be to the messages they were to give. They were all not to fear the venomous attacks of people whose hearts were hardened to the true gospel of salvation, nor fear their reproaches, scoffs, jeers, etc. Satan does not like the truth, and he will fight hard against it.

He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.” ~ Acts 1:6-11
I believe God has called all of his disciples (followers) to be his witnesses of his gospel of salvation to the people of the world around us; to be his lights in a dark world. Yet, we cannot do this in our own flesh. We must be empowered from on high with the Spirit of God within us so that we can go forth as his servants and witnesses telling people about Jesus Christ and how they, too, can come to have faith in Him. Yet, when we share the gospel of salvation with others, especially if the message includes the Biblical elements of repentance and obedience as necessary components of believing faith, which is what scripture teaches, then there will be those who will oppose us, attack us verbally or physically; who will try to destroy us via false accusations and the like. But, we are not to be afraid of what we are about to suffer for the sake of Jesus Christ and his gospel, for the Lord will be with us and he will give us all we need to make it through the days ahead and to keep strong in faith.

This morning the Lord Jesus gave me a vivid picture of what our “scorpions, briers and thorns” look like today. He had me read several news stories, which I will reference below, and he gave me an understanding, I believe, of what is truly going on behind these stories and what we should really expect to be coming soon.

The International Body

The U.S. government and its allies represent the “international community,” i.e. the N.W.O. or whatever name you wish to give it. The point is that we are all presently under the thumb of a group of wealthy and elite people who truly rule the world, but who have allowed the nations of the world some sense of sovereignty as individual nations, for a time, but that time is passing away quickly. They have been busy for some years now with conquering the various nations of the world and in bringing this world under the rule of one global order, ultimately fulfilled in the beast of Revelation.

They speak of pressing toward “a strong resolution” in the U.N. Security Council to “enforce disarmament” of Syria’s chemical weapon stockpile. And, if Syria does not comply, there will “be consequences.” This has been true in nearly all the stories we have read in the past several years with regard to all these nations who have had uprisings and have now come under international law, i.e. under the rule of the N.W.O. Yet, what the Lord Jesus has been showing me lately is that it is our turn, i.e. it is time or is about time for America to be dismantled and for us to be oppressed and brought underneath a truly tyrannical, dictatorial, authoritarian government which will remove our government from being in control, will initiate martial law, and will strongly target God’s witnesses/messengers.

What the Lord is showing me this morning is that we, the international body, are the perpetrators of these crimes against humanity, and we, the international body, will soon come against America, as well. In other words, our leaders throughout the world have been and will continue to turn against their very own people. These are the sins of our fathers for which we will all pay. This global body is pressing ahead with their “strong resolution” to destroy the nations of the world and to kill many of its people, most especially Christ’s servants and witnesses, who pose the greatest threat to Satan’s rule.

What I am seeing are three different ways in which they will release their power on the people of this world. First of all, I believe the Lord Jesus is showing me a spray of nuclear cells over the people of the earth, and/or a spray of cells of quasi-military forces (secret police/soldiers) who have been in hiding but who will soon be released upon the people, including or most especially here in America. Thirdly I believe he is showing me a release or a rising of the antichrist who will soon also be released on the people of this world. In the process, the USA will relinquish national power to “the beast,” i.e. to this global order.

He is showing me this international body as standing and ready to release this evil power upon the people of the world. Yet, they are not inactive. They are presently pressing toward this goal of world domination, which is soon to be released (revealed). This will mean that the unfinished pyramid pictured on many US symbols of our government will now be completed, and the dictator will now rule. This release of power will come “forcefully” but it will also be “timely.” We will all be forced to comply with this new rule or to face the consequences. The book of Revelation speaks much of this, as do other prophetic books in the Bible. The antichrist’s rule will be chaotic, dangerous and unexpected. We have to get our minds to think what it would be like when Satan truly rules the earth, and we have to expect we will see things far beyond human reason, the likes of which we have seen in many Sci-Fi movies. We have to anticipate devil-people roaming and ruling the earth.

Yet, the Lord Jesus gives us much encouragement when he tells us not to be afraid of what we are about to suffer. And, he encourages us to keep on speaking in his name, even if it means we must die for the sake of his name and for the sake of his gospel, for we will be richly rewarded in heaven. One day Jesus will return and we will be with him forever!!

Do Not Fear / An Original Work / June 2, 2013

Based off John 14

Do not let your hearts fear.
Trust in God. Trust in Christ.
“In My house you will find
Many rooms I have
Prepared for you,
And I will come back
And take you to heav’n.”

“I will take you to be with Me;
You’ll be where I am.”

“I am the way and
The truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father,
Except he comes through Me,
So put your faith in Me,
And do all of what I command.”

“Whoever has My commands
And obeys them loves Me.”

“I did not leave you as orphans.
I sent you the Counselor;
The Holy Spirit to live in you.
He teaches you all things,
And He reminds you of Me.”

“My peace I give to you,
So do not fear, trust in Me.”

http://originalworks.info/do-not-fear/
P.S.: The Lord Jesus has given me many writings on this subject he had me write about today. I will share links to just a few that I believe are directly related to this writing today: http://christsfreeservant.blogspot.com/2013/04/clandestine-and-subversive.html
http://christsfreeservant.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-rattler.html
http://christsfreeservant.blogspot.com/2013/05/axis-of-evil.html
http://christsfreeservant.blogspot.com/2013/05/catch-22.html
http://christsfreeservant.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-spire.html
News Resources:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24105381; http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/world/europe/us-and-allies-tell-syria-to-dismantle-chemical-arms-quickly.html;
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/report-syria-released-monday/story?id=20258346

Back