burning DVDs

i have lots of different languages of Jesus movie (i got from torrent sites)

i just need to burn them on blank DVDs

then go to downtown and give it away...im wondering if thats OK? lol

You would be violating the copyright if you made and passed out copies. Check with the copyright owner.

You need to be careful of that because if it is copyrighted it will be illegal to distribute. I don't want to see you go to jail. That is the way it is here in USA. God Bless you ElmerD.
Give it to God to handle. He will find a way

Chili out.

If you have downloaded from a torrent, then chances are you have already broken the copyright agreement and the law already!

Yeah I'm always opposed to burning DVD's or copying copyrighted things. I was thinking recently though how in the "old days" we all used to buy one book and lend it to a few people to read. There was never an issue with this and usually they gave the book back. These days a lot of the books i read are actually audio books that I purchase online and then download to my iphone or computer. I have wanted to lend an audio book to a friend but don't want to make or pass on anything that breaches copyright. I guess a good rule to consider when doing these things is "is there ever more than one copy in existence"? ie: If I keep my copy and make another copy to send to a friend, then there are 2 copies.

Yeah I'm always opposed to burning DVD's or copying copyrighted things. I was thinking recently though how in the "old days" we all used to buy one book and lend it to a few people to read. There was never an issue with this and usually they gave the book back. These days a lot of the books i read are actually audio books that I purchase online and then download to my iphone or computer. I have wanted to lend an audio book to a friend but don't want to make or pass on anything that breaches copyright. I guess a good rule to consider when doing these things is "is there ever more than one copy in existence"? ie: If I keep my copy and make another copy to send to a friend, then there are 2 copies.

You can pass around the original DVD. But, even if it comes back, it'll likely be damaged. In the "old days", "no one" cared if you taped music from the radio for yourself or made mix tapes of your albums for your friends. But, now, greed has taken over. You don't even have a legal right to make backups of anything you legally purchased.

Back