C.h Spurgeon's Devotionals

Spurgeon's Daily Checkbook:
Whom, When, How to Deliver
"The LORD knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished"
2 Peter 2:9

God Bless,

Godbe4me

I have this app on my (iphone) and I thought that those of you who like Spurgeon would enjoy listening to his devotionals.
God Bless,
Godbe4me

I love Spurgeon! Although I don't have iphone, I read his books on Kindle :). This is from my latest read:

“Lord, hear my voice.” (Psalm 130:2) It is all we ask; but nothing less will content us. If the Lord will but hear us we will leave it to his superior wisdom to decide whether he will answer us or no. It is better for our prayer to be heard than answered. If the Lord were to make an absolute promise to answer all our requests it might be rather a curse than a blessing, for it would be casting the responsibility of our lives upon ourselves, and we should be placed in a very anxious position: but now the Lord hears our desires, and that is enough; we only wish him to grant them if his infinite wisdom sees that it would be for our good and for his glory. (Treasury of David: Exposition of the Psalms)

Such a great reminder of God's sovereignty, infinite wisdom, and mercy that fully deserves our unconditional trust!..

Spurgeon's Daily Checkbook:
Go; Take Your Property
"Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged"
Deuteronomy 1:21
God Bless,
Godbe4me

Back