California Court Overrulls Voters Ban on Same-Sex Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
California Court Overrulls Voters Ban on Same-Sex Marriage

I saw this on AOL today and decided to re-write the whole thing to get straight to the point; information courtesy of AOL.COM

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA

The California Supreme Court has legalized same-sex marriage, overruling other voters votes to keep it illegal. Now, homosexual couples seeking legal marriage will be able to tie the knot in as little as one month, however, this may be a short-lived boost for the gay rights movement as religious, social, and family groups are pressing matters again and are still voting to re-ban gay marriage.

Already by the afternoon, same-sex couples were lining up at San Francisco's City Hall to make appointments to get marriage licenses. In Hollywood, supporters are planning to make a "wedding cake" for the big celebration.

James Dobson, chairman of the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family, speaks about the legalizaton of same-sex marriage, and QUOTE:
"It will be up to the people of California to preserve traditional marriage by passing a constitutional amendment... Only then can they protect themselves from this latest example of judicial tyranny..."

You can read more at http://www.aol.com and for the full story

I know they were passing out petitions to stop this; I knew they eventually would legalize it. I'm sure a lot of people are very happy at this verdict.

I just read about this on another forum.Every one there was glad to see this.It totaly breaks my heart that people are looking for fleshly pleasures.And the sad part is they don't want to hear anything that might change their minds.All we can do is pray that a petition gets started and every Christian that sees it will sign it.I am sure there are alot more Christians will stand up and be counted.

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

I just read about this on another forum.Every one there was glad to see this.It totaly breaks my heart that people are looking for fleshly pleasures.And the sad part is they don't want to hear anything that might change their minds.All we can do is pray that a petition gets started and every Christian that sees it will sign it.I am sure there are alot more Christians will stand up and be counted.

Summer's Breeze -
I know what you mean. People can sit up and listen to this kind of stuff but when you say "God" or "Jesus" they go balistic.
If I can, I may start a petition. :)

Two people of the same gender can do whatever they want together. I mean, it's a free country, right? But even if they're acting like a nice married couple-- that's not a marriage. People seem to have a completely warped view of what marriage is. It's a covenant, a sacrament. It's the beauty of God's Creation between two of His children. It's not just whatever you want it to be. We don't make these rules; God does.

Two people of the same gender can do whatever they want together. I mean, it's a free country, right? But even if they're acting like a nice married couple-- that's not a marriage. People seem to have a completely warped view of what marriage is. It's a covenant, a sacrament. It's the beauty of God's Creation between two of His children. It's not just whatever you want it to be. We don't make these rules; God does.

Yes, America is a free country, but God does not approve of any sexual immortality, such as homosexuality, incest, and the likes.

The way I see it is:
God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Also, I did not create this thread to start a flame war on homosexuality. This is not a forum for debates and most likely, it'll end up with everyone having hurt feelings.

This thread is now closed at the request of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back