Call upon the Name of the Lord!

Call upon the Name of the Lord!

There is only one true God, and He has many names.

He is the Alpha and Omega, The First and Last, The Beginning and the End

He is El Shaddai -- God Almighty! God is all-powerful, there is nothing He cannot do

He is Jehovah -- Lord! and the Lord is Risen!!

He is Jehovah Jireh -- The Lord will Provide! God will take care of you

He is Jehovah Rophe -- The Lord who heals! He will heal your Body, Mind and Soul

He is Jehovah Shalom -- The Lord our Peace! Only God brings true Peace

He is Jehovah Tsidkenu -- The Lord our Rightousness! He brings Justice!

He is Jehovah Rohi -- The Lord our Shepherd! God watches over His children

He is Jehovah Shammah -- The Lord is there! He is Omni-Present, He is everywhere

He is Jehovah Sabaoth -- The Lord of Hosts! God is the commander of the angelic host and the armies of heaven!

Jesus Christ is God. He is the Creator of this world and the King of all that is in it. He has many names but I believe the most important are Savior and Friend.
Give your Life to Jesus Christ today!

He has many names but I believe the most important are Savior and Friend.
Give your Life to Jesus Christ today!

:goodpost:
Thank you, JeremiahD84!
... we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
(1Ti.4:10)

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

THE 9 COMPOUND NAMES OF GOD WERE GIVEN BY THE JEWISH PEOPLE. IN ORDER TO TRY TO COMPREHEND A GOD SO GREAT HE WAS GIVEN NAMES WHICH DESCRIBED SOME OF HIS ATTRIBUTES AND WAYS. BELOW IS A LIST OF THE REST OF THE NAMES ASCRIBED TO THE MOST HIGH GOD IN SCRIPTURE-

ISHI- HOSEA 2:16- HUSBAND
BAALI - HOSEA 2:16- MY LORD
ADONAY- DEUTERONOMY 10:17- LORD AND FATHER
ADONE HA ADONIM- DEUTERONOMY 10:17- LORD OF LORDS
EL ELYON- GENESIS 14:22- GOD MOST HIGH
EL SHADDAI- GENESIS 17:1- THE GOD ALMIGHTY
ANIY HAYAH- I AM- EXODUS 3:14- I EXIST (LITERALLY THE SELF EXISTANT ETERNAL GOD)
ELOHIM- GENESIS 2:4- GREAT , JUDGE, ANGEL BUT WITH THE DEFINITIVE ARTICLE SUPREME GOD
EL ELOE- GENESIS 33:20- THE GOD OF JACOB
JAH- PSALM 68:4- THE SACRED NAME- THE LORD MOST VEHEMENT
QANNA - EXODUS 34:14- JEALOUS

JEHOSHUA-MATTHEW 3:15 - JESUS -JOSHUA- GOD SAVES
This is the Greek form of the Hebrew name Joshua, which was originally Hoshea (Num_13:8, Num_13:16), but changed by Moses into Jehoshua (Num_13:16; 1Ch_7:27), or Joshua. After the Exile it assumed the form Jeshua, whence the Greek form JESUS. It was given to our Lord to denote the object of his mission, to save (Mat_1:21). ( COURTESY EASTON BIBLE DICTIONARY)

ELOI- MARK 15:34- MY GOD
ABBA- MARK 14:36- FATHER
EMMANUEL-
MATTHEW 1:23- GOD WITH US

Lord-G2962
κύριος kurios
koo'-ree-os
From κῦροςkuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, (as noun) controller; by implication Mr. (as a respectful title): - God, Lord, master, Sir.

Wow thanks you guys .... that is awesome. It reminds me of that song ...The name of the Lord is .... A strong tower ..the righteous run in to it and they are saved.

Right out of the book of Psalms:
Pro 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Back