Calling God Our Father

Can an unsaved individual who is seeking God and thinks he feels the pulling of God on his life call God his Father when he is praying?

Ab-ba ..
ab = father in old Hebrew
av = father in modern Hebrew
ba = lord
Abba = Lord (the) Father or "Father God" ..

sabba = a grandfather (of) God in old Hebrew
sabba = simply grandfather in modern Hebrew

Last edited:
I love this verse ..

Mar 14:36 And He was saying, “Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will.”

abba patēr ..
first comes the Hebrew/Aramaic "abba" .. then the Greek "patēr" ..
(in actuality, He would have said "Abba, ab")
so Jesus said "Father God, father" ..
He calls out to God as His Heavenly Father and also as His real father ..

Last edited:
the difference between Abba and Abbanu is the first one shows a personal relation ..
nu = Hebrew suffix meaning "our" ..

Rom 8:15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”

that is so beautiful .. and true ..

God Bless all ..

Being saved - that is born of the Spirit - is what makes God one's Father. "For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" Romans 8:15. ""That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:6. God is not the Father of one who is not saved.

BUT to one who is gong to be saved - and who is praying for that - you can know that one can call God Father! God would not be offended by that....He, Love, Who desires all men to come to repentance would be delighted! So let the person who is being drawn by God call God Father.....for he/she will be God's child! And our God will be a Tender Father! :D

Back