can someone help with this question please

In class the teacher is making us read all of Job and a part of Genesis and sermon on the mount. and he wants us to answer this question,
I haven't read Job yet but what should I answer for this one??

"Why is God so hard on Job’s friends? Didn’t his friends do the pious thing by reminding Job that
God cannot be judged by a human and that God never does evil?"

God bless you all !!!!!!

Hi Ramsey. You really do need to read all of Job to understand the book. Perhaps if you study the words of the young Elihu in chapter 33 you will see a more positive response to Job. In Chapter 33:30 Elihu speaks of the reasons for suffering "to turn back his soul from the pit, that the light of life may shine on him". He does not see Job's suffering as a result of past sins, as Eliphaz, Bildad and Zophar do, but he sees it as God doing a positive work in Job.

I speak from experience, as I am going through a lot of suffering at the moment, and I have found that God speaks to us very clearly during these times, pointing us in directions that perhaps may not have occurred to us before. In suffering we mature spiritually, (whatever our natural age). A wonderful quote comes from Simone Weil. "The extreme greatness of Christianity lies in the fact that it does not seek a supernatural remedy for suffering but a supernatural use for it". S. Weil, Gravity and Grace (Routledge, Ark Paperbacks, 3rd edition, 1987) .

Always remember that Job had twice as much at the end of his sufferings as at the beginning - even one family with God and another one on earth.

Keep reading the Scriptures - they are their own commentary. Check references to the New Testament and to other Old Testament books. The Word is our Light.

With loving prayers.

Back