Can we the Church Love Jesus with the same Love the Father has for his Son?

Joh 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

It appears Jesus prayed and asked the Father to place within man the exact same love he had for his Son to be inside us. Can we Love Jesus with the same intensity as the Father loves his own Son?

Joh 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

It appears Jesus prayed and asked the Father to place within man the exact same love he had for his Son to be inside us. Can we Love Jesus with the same intensity as the Father loves his own Son?

In this temporal life, the intensity is not going to happen, but we are called to the same love.

In this temporal life, the intensity is not going to happen, but we are called to the same love.
Say what ? There is no limit of the amount of Love of God or Gods love in us and through us.
The degree of love in your life an in you depends on you and how much you desire His love.

It does not matter if it is Love or Forgiveness or Faith - it is all as seed........it will grow if you keep it fed and watered. Everything about Gods word and His kingdom is like seed.
This doubtful in this temporal life attitude - sure will limit things my dear.......... ;)

Romans 5:5 says " and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us" kjv

Bbe says and hope does not put to shame; because our hearts (spirits, inner man) are full of the love of God through the Holy Spirit which is given to us

So yes in my opinion as we strive to walk by the spirit, and by faith...one step in obedience in choosing to walk in the love that God has enables the Holy Spirit to come alongside us and give the strength to go further. But we must make the first step. And we must not stwy in sin or strife...because it will cut it off

Blessings

In Ephesians 1 and in 3 Paul shows us that this revelation of God comes through prayer and of course feeding of His word. This tells us it is there fore us - the question is how willing are you to find this deeper depth of Love and knowledge?

You also find in Gods word as we get to know God better then we will learn how to love people more and more as God Loves. So how can you growin Loving people with out first growing in Loving God and Knowing Gods love for us.....
Blessings
Jim

Say what ? There is no limit of the amount of Love of God or Gods love in us and through us.
The degree of love in your life an in you depends on you and how much you desire His love.

It does not matter if it is Love or Forgiveness or Faith - it is all as seed........it will grow if you keep it fed and watered. Everything about Gods word and His kingdom is like seed.
This doubtful in this temporal life attitude - sure will limit things my dear.......... ;)
OK, so you believe you can love Jesus with the same perfect intensity as the Father loves Him?

Did Jesus ever get his prayers answered? Of course he did, so we do have the same love the father has for his Son. But as brother Fish Catcher said to experience that love with its same intensity requires us to be "rooted, and ground" in Love (God) and then we will be able to grasp the height, depth, length, and breath of the loves of God that is beyond mere human knowledge. (Eph 3:1-19)

No not at all. Well ok sort of -maybee.lol
No you made it sound as if in this world of today - theres no chance of Growing to this higher place in love.......I disagree with tha

No not at all. Well ok sort of -maybee.lol
No you made it sound as if in this world of today - theres no chance of Growing to this higher place in love.......I disagree with tha

As long as we wear this fleshly coat, we will not love Jesus Christ as God loves His Son. When we come together in the Kingdom, all hindrances (such as the mind of man) are gone.

As long as we wear this fleshly coat, we will not love Jesus Christ as God loves His Son. When we come together in the Kingdom, all hindrances (such as the mind of man) are gone.
Why do you need to wait until you go back home to heaven to achieve anything ?
If this fleshly coat as you put it - hinders your growth then - you are not spending enough time each day in His word or putting forth His word in your every day life....
The word Your is in general as to any born again beleiver.........

Why do you need to wait until you go back home to heaven to achieve anything ?
If this fleshly coat as you put it - hinders your growth then - you are not spending enough time each day in His word or putting forth His word in your every day life....
The word Your is in general as to any born again beleiver.........

When we come into the literal Kingdom, we will be utterly perfected. We all have some weakness or hindrance in any given area.

We are always at war. In the Kingdom, the battle will be fully won and over, and we will be exactly and fully as promised---like Jesus.
Point is this............we do not have to put up with all these things in life as if we need to wait for the one glorious day when Jesus comes for us and everything will be ok.

Point is this............we do not have to put up with all these things in life as if we need to wait for the one glorious day when Jesus comes for us and everything will be ok.

I should hope that we aren't sitting on our laurels waiting for that Day! We need to be about the Master's business, placing our hope in Him and His many promises, one of which is that we will one day be like Him in all our ways, with nothing to deter or molest our faith!

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 13:1-8

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. xref-6

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, note xref-2

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; xref-2 [xref-1]

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; note xref-1

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [xref-1]

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there beknowledge, it shall vanish away. note

Back