Can you hear what to heed?

Can you hear what to heed?

Luke 21:8) And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying I am Christ; and the time draweth near :go ye not therefore after them

Take heed that ye be not deceived - How many times has this been mentioned in the bible and yet in today’s world is not heeded, nor taken into consideration. What a warning to miss! The deceivers keep waxing worse and worse. Discernment is the key. If people only learned to know good from bad and avoid evil. “Ye that love the Lord hate evil”, “I have refrained my feet from every evil way”, “fear the Lord, and depart from evil”. There is verse after verse, warning upon warning, to flee from evil and to avoid it. There was never meant to be a compromise or a half way, No! People now a days want the watered down version of the truth, not realizing what is done. Brainwashed, it is like being brainwashed, void of truth, knowledge and understanding. People want it in their face, the truth, knowledge, power, and understanding, but are not willing to look for it, seek it, and search for it.

What does it do for their heart, they start trusting in it. Yep, one way or another they will start listening to their heart. “trust not in thine own understanding”, “be not wise in thine own eyes” and come to knowledge of the truth. The bible is the biggest spiritual warning God has given the earth in writings of meanings that can save and enlighten the soul, “Sanctify them through thy truth” which is thy word of truth, God’s word cleanses the soul, how much more can it change a person’s mentality, way of thinking, and frame of mind. But it is the absorption and the application of God’s word that will help us to spiritually mature and grow. You can hear the word all you want but if you are not a doer of the word, what’s the result, lukewarm. Failure to heed and apply the word of God in one’s life will leave them spiritually crippled and sleeping a spiritual slumber. God did not intend for us to live in perverseness nor evil. But we got to push for it, the light and cast out the works of darkness, which are all forms of unrighteousness, which is sin. “an idle soul shall suffer hunger” and “he that sleepeth” shall “come to poverty”, therefore “love not sleep” in a world that is sleeping, wake up, praise and follow after God. For how long do we have? What is our span, but a season, a breath, and a vapor.

To follow the Lord we need to brake from falsehood and reach for the straight and narrow way, the Bible and the word of God. The broad ways can never match nor hold up to the principles of God that he has called us to follow and obey, but you got to know and seek the truth, “Hate the evil, and love the good”. With discernment we can overcome falsehood, adversity, lies of the world, but we have to desire and want it. Proverbs 13:12) Hope deferred maketh the heart sick, but when desire cometh, it is a tree of life.)) Can one put a price on salvation or the sacrifice of our Lord, no one can. So live to honor it because it is priceless. Live to obey because this is God’s will. Deuteronomy 6:29) O that there were such an heart in them, that they would hear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it may be well with them, and with their children forever!))

Back