Can You Helpme With This?

Well, my understanding is that "catholic' refers to orthodoxy and was meant to embrace every believer in Christ Jesus,ie. the Church universal, hence the term 'catholic faith'.
As for when the Anglican Church 'coined the term 'Roman Catholic', that was before my time. I can not comment on the heart attitude of those who sought to differentiate between Roman Catholicism and their own brand. BTW was it the Anglican church or the Lutheran Church or was it the Zwinglian Church that called for a differentiation? And I might say that I agree with Glomung that there are plenty of 'bumps' on the pews in all Churches. But that is not the issue here in this thread or at least it ought not be, and it is not going to further Airleen's bid for freedom from oppression.......can we all focus on that???
The Nicene creed which predates the reformation:
International Consultation on English Texts translation
as printed in:
The Lutheran Book of Worship
The Book of Common Prayer
(Episcopal)
We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
taken from http://www.creeds.net/ancient/nicene.htm
Of course in those days there was probably no need or temptation to differentiate between different churches to the degree that began to appear with the reformation started by Huldrych Zwingli. This whole thing is a big subject and IMO has no place here in this thread.
See also http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/catholic
Ok, so let's not get too far off the track here.
I'm not into Roman Catholic Bashing and that should be the end it it.

I wasn't suggesting that you were trying to be snarky and insulting -- I don't think you'd do that, although I was only curious of what you meant regarding "Catholics" vs. "Roman Catholics."

Perhaps you meant "Eastern/Byzantine Catholics" vs. "Roman Catholics." Although both are in communion with the Vatican. Both use the Nicene Creed and the Apostles Creed.

Last edited:
OK Airleen, I mentioned rebuking the unclean spirit in the name and authority of Jesus. Some Scripture (quoted from the ESV)

Luke 10:1-20. 1After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go. 2 And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves. 4 Carry no moneybag, no knapsack, no sandals, and greet no one on the road. 5 Whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace be to this house!’ 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you. 9 Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But whenever you enter a town and they do not receive you, go into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near.’ 12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.
Woe to Unrepentant Cities
13 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more bearable in the judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. 15 And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You shall be brought down to Hades.
16 “The one who hears you hears me, and the one who rejects you rejects me, and the one who rejects me rejects him who sent me.”
The Return of the Seventy-Two
17 The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!” 18 And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. 20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”
emphasis added
You should study this using your favorite Bible version and pray to Jesus about it. As a disciples of Jesus, He has given us authority over unclean spirits. But understand that it is not our authority, but His authority that He has given us to use..sort of as His deputies.
I also posted: "Any vision that will come your way from the Lord will be a vision that will be glorifying the Lord and will give or bring you peace even if part of the message contains some tragic things. "
Please study the following:
Acts 9:10-19. Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” 11 And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, 12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” 13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. 14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name.” 15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. 16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.” 17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; 19 and taking food, he was strengthened. from the ESV.
So, the vision that Ananias was given held some fear for him because of Saul's reputation as an enemy. But in the long run, the whole episode was about glorifying Jesus amongst the Gentiles and the Israelites too.
Also, 1 Corinthians 14:33 " For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." from the King James version.
So, I believe that no bad visions and troubling dreams will come from the Lord our God. And if they are coming to us, they are the the work of unclean spirits that can not and will not glorify the Lord Jesus Christ.

Are there guardian spirits? I believe there are. The Bible does not dwell much on them because many people can be seduced into worshiping them instead of worshiping God. However,you can study this from Jesus:
Matthew 18:10. “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. from the ESV. This passage is the introduction to the parable of the lost sheep. The lost sheep are those who rightly belong to the Shepherd, but are not as yet included in the flock... that is to say, they need to be brought back into the safety of the flock. So yes, there are angels set to watch over us, but we must never worship them.
see also Rev 19:10. Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
John went to worship the angel, but was forbidden to do so. Contrast this with the attitude of the uncleanness of Satan:
Matthew 4:8-11 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written,
“‘You shall worship the Lord your God
and him only shall you serve.’”
11 Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.
Please note the last part where Satan leaves Jesus alone and compare that with :1 Peter 5:6-9. 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.
and lastly, please study James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
These are faithful promises that the servant of the Lord have been given.
A summary of the scriptures I have used:
Luke 9:1-20
Acts 9:10-19
1 Corinthians 14:33
Matthew 18:10
Revelation 19:10
Matthew 4:8-11
1 Peter 5:6-9
James 4:7

Calvin thank you so much. I LOVE YOU FRIEND. Thank you for the verses. GODBLESS YOU.

Sorry if I held off from responding -- I had a bit of a tough time understanding the concerns.

Just so I have it right, you believe Our Lady may have appeared to you in a very vivid and lifelike dream. You are concerned that perhaps it wasn't the blessed mother, but perhaps something harmful.

Like everyone was saying -- absolutely pray. Pray constantly. Ask for the Lord's comfort--he won't deny you. But also, like Glomung said, whenever this happens, test the spirit(s) -- find out which side they are on. Also, speak with your parish priest. Tell him your experience.

Lastly--this is just simple advice--but as Catholics, we are blessed to regard sacramentals as something beneficial to our faith. We believe in the relationship between spiritual and physical, and many times we are drawn closer to Him through certain things--whether that be through rosaries, genuflecting, etc. I keep a rosary with me in my pocket everywhere I go as sometimes I may forget to ask for help or to be thankful. This isn't to say I couldn't pray without it, but it has served as a powerful weapon against Satan and helped me focus on God and His love.

Do not worry. Pray to God for help, speak with your priest about your experience, and don't forget to thank God for looking out for you.

I am sorry for the wrong construction of my grammar. If you had a problem, regarding to reading my problem. MY APOLOGY. :)

I am sorry for the wrong construction of my grammar. If you had a problem, regarding to reading my problem. MY APOLOGY. :)

Don't apologize -- you're English is still really good. Most everyone seemed to understand you perfectly well, so it seems the problem was me :p

Don't apologize -- you're English is still really good. Most everyone seemed to understand you perfectly well, so it seems the problem was me :p

Nope, I read it again there is a problem with my construction and I ashamed to that. Because I am thinking the next word what will I say/type then the next word is what I'm going to type. The wordings having a cross linking. :) Thank you for understanding. GODBLESS YOU!

Nope, I read it again there is a problem with my construction and I ashamed to that. Because I am thinking the next word what will I say/type then the next word is what I'm going to type. The wordings having a cross linking. :) Thank you for understanding. GODBLESS YOU!

Really, it's no problem. I make that same mistake often and English is my primary language.

God bless you too, Aireen.

The Book of Enoch is not "banned from the Bible", it was never included into canon because it is fanciful and full of fantastic imagery that has no bearing on faith or doctrine.
For example, according to the Book of Enoch, while Enoch was wandering around in Heaven he passed the warehouses of snow. This is supposedly where snow is stored until it is needed, I guess it would be shoveled out by angels and dumped upon Earth from on high.

The Book of Enoch had been left out of the canon from the beginning. Although some denominations have added it to their Bible. For instance, where I live there is a big Ethiopian community and most belong to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. I learned a few years ago that they do include the book of Enoch.

Glomung, there was no "cheap Shot" intended. Indeed there was no "cheap shot''period.
Indeed 'All Catholics are Christians' however I do not believe 'all Roman Catholics are Christians' there is a difference.

I have known many sincere and genuine Christians who were also Roman Catholics. I have known some Roman Catholic adherents who I could not identify as being the Lord's servants. As you say, test the spirits.....the spirit of man being spiritual must also be subject to spiritual discernment.
But why turn this thread into a mud slinging match. We are all wanting to help Aireen and I doubt that anybody wanting to push their own barrow is going to do that.

Thus in your answer not all Roman Catholics are Christian, does this mean that all other ''Christian'' are Christian... please use better words to explain yourself for i know many Christians who confess to be saved and then do things that are the opposite of what someone in the path of Christ would do... yes, we should help Aireen but at the same time there is no need to extend the personal anti feeling there is for Roman Catholics... i am Roman Catholic and i follow His path as best i can everyday, and i know that most of those that enter the Roman Catholic church daily are pious Spirit filled people...

Hello Calvin, I REALLY NEED SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT. I seen this spirits when I was six years old until now.(different spirits). I feel them, sometimes I see them. But it just happen sometimes, when I am praying every 6pm.(angelus) I feel that God is with me. I don't want this kind of gift. What that spirits want to me? To pray for them? But I am afraid to them. I just want to live simply with my family. I heart is crying right now.

Aireen... do not be afraid... i am Catholic like you and like you had a similar experience as a child... i saw the Blessed Mother holding her flaming heart as she was being taken thru the streets... she was so big in my dream/vision that i just stood in front and to the side just in awe and staring at her... she had the most warm eyes and so much energy was emanating from her. i still remember it to this day... i always refused to see anything i did not want to see, there were times when i knew i would be able to see a spirit, but i refused, strongly. Pray the rosary, pray to our Blessed Mother for Her intervention and help, she is our direct connection to our Lord Jesus and she can help. As Catholics we are not afraid of spirits, your inner voice will tell if the spirit is of God because evil cannot mask itself as good and will emanate evil energy, while spirits of God like angels will emanate warmth and love, and though we may be afraid at first it is the feelings after the initial fear that will let us know if it is good or evil.

Trust in Jesus and when you see spirits or visions put Christ before them in your mind and heart and evil will not touch you...

Rosa Vera posted:
...yes, we should help Aireen but at the same time there is no need to extend the personal anti feeling there is for Roman Catholics...
You would do well to read the last part of my reply #20 in this thread. Then, if you still feel your comment to me is justified, you will just have to live with it.

Rosa Vera posted:
You would do well to read the last part of my reply #20 in this thread. Then, if you still feel your comment to me is justified, you will just have to live with it.

Calvin, you sway back and forth in all your posts when it comes to Catholics... you try to distinguish that all Catholics are Christian but not all Roman Catholics are Christian (#9) ... nobody else started with the anti-Catholic, but you did... and i am trying to understand you and though i see you post wonderful scriptures and say beautiful words, yet you do bash subtly Roman Catholics...

I have known many sincere and genuine Christians who were also Roman Catholics. I have known some Roman Catholic adherents who I could not identify as being the Lord's servants.

This is being patronizing, and though you keep on trying to go back to the original thread yet you keep posting these comments (#14).

Here are the two creeds, the Apostle Creed and the Nicene creed which are both recited by Catholics worldwide...
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/credo.htm

THE CREDO

Apostles' Creed
1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:

3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:

4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

5. The third day he rose again from the dead:

6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:

8. I believe in the Holy Ghost:

9. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:

10. The forgiveness of sins:

1l. The resurrection of the body:

12. And the life everlasting. Amen.
+++

Nicene Creed

I believe in one God, the Father almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,

of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,

the Only Begotten Son of God,

born of the Father before all ages.

God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made,consubstantial

with the Father;

Through him all things were made.

For us men and for our salvation

he came down from heaven,

and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate

of the Virgin Mary,

and became man.

For our sake he was crucified

under Pontius Pilate,

he suffered death and was buried,

and rose again on the third day

in accordance with the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory

to judge the living and the dead

and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father and the Son,

who with the Father and the Son

is adored and glorified,

who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic,

and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins

and I look forward to the resurrection

of the dead and the life of the world to come.

Amen.

Neither have the word ''catholic'' capitalized because as all know a catholic church is a church for all... and yes it was the Anglican church which did not want to abide by the Catholic Church teachings because it prevented the king of England from doing what he wanted, he afterward made himself the head of the Anglican church, which gave it the ''Roman'' title in trying to be derogatory...

Last edited:
You, Rosa Vera might find a thread dedicated to your concerns. I do not desire to derail this thread because I believe Aireen has a genuine need that can not be served by sideline debate and accusations.
finis.

How about the "BOOK OF ENOCH?" It was stated that it was banned from the bible.

the Book of Enoch was known to Hebrews up until 70 CE ..
sometime after this point it disappeared ..
in 70 CE Titus destroyed the Temple, leveled Jerusalem, killed about a million Hebrews and ordered the death of any Hebrews entering the decimated city ..
the next appearance we see of the Book of Enoch is in Ethiopia about 300 CE ..
and in these version we see many gnostic philosophies within them ..
these versions no longer exist but were copied into Arabic about 700 CE ..

The Book of Enoch may have never existed until a Apocrypha/gnostic version appeared after the Hebrew return from Babylon .. I say this because if it was authentic, the Hebrews would have included/canonized it at the time of the creation of the Septuagint (OT into Koine Greek) for Ptolemy II Philadelphus in 285-246 BCE .. however the Book of Jasper and the Book of the Wars of the LORD is mentioned also in canonized scripture, yet not canonized itself (maybe because they were lost when Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Solomon's Temple .. there is a possibility that the "Book of Enoch was lost then as well .. whereas a corrupted version may have appeared at this later date and thus rejected ..

the reference in Jude verse 14 may have just been a reference to Deut.33:2-3 & Zec 14:5, which they may have known was from Enoch and not a reference from the Book of Enoch itself .. thus the DSS Aramic version (200-150 BCE) I would tend to think are more then likely very accurate because they were copied by the same scribes (Essenians) who also copied the rest of the OT, which is almost identical (99%) to existing canonized scripture .. but could just be a copy of a 400 BCE corruption .. between 500-300 BCE may have experienced gnostic intrusion much like 100-300 CE did to the NT ..

below we see Jeremiah dealt with lost books .. notice the word "dictation"

Jer 36:32 Then Jeremiah took another scroll and gave it to Baruch the son of Neriah, the scribe, and he wrote on it at the dictation of Jeremiah all the words of the book which Jehoiakim king of Judah had burned in the fire; and many similar words were added to them.

who is a Christian ???
believing in the Gospel of Salvation some think makes them a Christian ..
it does not .. it is living it that does ..

Jam 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
Jam 2:20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

note: James is referring to works of the Law of Christ, not works of the Law of Moses .. many confuse the two ..

Mat 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’
Mat 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

note: Lawlessness is a reference to those who do not practice the Law of Christ, which is to love God with your all, and your neighbor as yourself .. Jesus enumerates Lawlessness clearer in Mat chap 25 ..

Last edited:
Back