Can You List Modern Day Miracles? :)

Jesus's disciples couldn't cast out a demon and what was Jesus's response? If a person doesn't have faith and believe that they are healed and walk around doubting and saying God is doing this to me for a reason then they don't have faith or belief this will happen.
The disciples were not Christians. They had power relative to self mustered faith, proven clearly by Peter sinking in the ocean. We have the Holy Spirit who has given us a measure of faith far beyond a mustard seed Eph 4:7. I can be extremely nervous and in absolute fear when surrounded by demons, in a lions den or at the feet of Nero....but reality is....for a Christian....demons have no choice but to flee at the mention of His name, Jesus IS with us 24/7 so He will be at our side whether we ask Him or not, whether we feel extra positive or not.

As a parent do you only listen to your loud, assertive child? Or do you pay MORE attention to your young / nervous child who has no faith yet in getting bandages from you? You simply are not updating your mind with Christianity. We are children of God. You are still thinking carnally = like, we are street children that need to shout, trust and be positive that the owner of the mansion will hear us.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Correct translation = 'He that believeth in me' = He that believeth in Jesus = ie He that believeth Jesus IS Lord.. only possible by the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:3...ie A Christian. Not someone who walks around mentally brainwashing themselves and gauging doubt vs faith in their mind. Do you do that with your husbands credit card?

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."
This verse tells us to be prosperous and be in good health. God wants us to be in good health and prosper; it is in scripture and you can't deny it.
Wish and will are two different words. Christianity 101 = Easier for a rich man to enter the eye of a needle. Jesus came into town on a donkey and hanged naked on a cross. Yet He was the richest and most powerful being in the universe. Preaching that verse above any other verse is simply carnal Christianity. Col 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

"That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses."
Yes Jesus died for our sins he also died so we didn't have to bare sickness. Yes we will still get sick, but we have authority over sickness, disease and our physical health. Why do Christians have such a hard time with this? Why do we doubt the Word of God when it comes to this?
Yes, Amen! 'He took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses'. So that now we walk in healing and free of bondage to sin. Requests for healing and provision should not even need to be asked for Matt 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable.

Let me put it another way. The only requirement to God hearing our prayer is being a worshiper of God John 9:31. God answers every prayer according to His will. Add the two together and we have the result that nobody on the face of the earth can pray a more effective prayer / get a more desirable result then a Christian. So, when you imply you can or someone else can...you are effectively saying I am not a Christian.

Last edited:
That's not a miracle it's just something you like. This is an example of watering down what a miracle is. Now everything can be a miracle.

So God giving us knowledge and blessing us with wisdom to pull off stuff like this is not a miracle?

That seems to put God in a very very little box.

Also..it seems, well to it seems, the most basic healing is physical...

I've rarely heard of anyone with bipolar, schizophrenia, antisocial serial killers , healed and made fully whole.

But if you have stories or personal stories, it'd be nice to hear :)
Would it matter? I want you to think about this: we believe that ax heads float (2 Kings 6:1-7) people walking on water, people are raised from the dead, people are healed by handkerchiefs and aprons (Acts 19:12), people are translocated (Acts 8:40), people have visions and dreams of heaven, God, angels and witnessing things in the Spirit, yet, we find it near impossible to accept that any of that is possible today! Why is that? When you start dissecting the word of God into “irrelevant” and “relevant” then you start down this path of what is and what isn’t meant for us today. God didn’t do away with the Ten Commandment, but gave us the means to keep it through His Son Jesus in the flesh so we could die from the law. There is a lot of stuff happening and yet they’re most quickly attacked by Christians than the world! Simply amazing.

I wrote what has happened to me here http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/signs-and-wonders.38975/#post-345068

Would it matter? I want you to think about this: we believe that ax heads float (2 Kings 6:1-7) people walking on water, people are raised from the dead, people are healed by handkerchiefs and aprons (Acts 19:12), people are translocated (Acts 8:40), people have visions and dreams of heaven, God, angels and witnessing things in the Spirit, yet, we find it near impossible to accept that any of that is possible today! Why is that? When you start dissecting the word of God into “irrelevant” and “relevant” then you start down this path of what is and what isn’t meant for us today. God didn’t do away with the Ten Commandment, but gave us the means to keep it through His Son Jesus in the flesh so we could die from the law. There is a lot of stuff happening and yet they’re most quickly attacked by Christians than the world! Simply amazing.

I wrote what has happened to me here http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/signs-and-wonders.38975/#post-345068

We keep all 613 commands within the Two.

Please do not water down things to just the Ten that people harp on and on about because they can't remember 613.

I will always find it a miracle that God keeps giving us these awesome insights into science. He wants us to do have these things. That is a miracle considering we killed him.

We keep all 613 commands within the Two.

Please do not water down things to just the Ten that people harp on and on about because they can't remember 613.

I will always find it a miracle that God keeps giving us these awesome insights into science. He wants us to do have these things. That is a miracle considering we killed him.
Meh.

It matters abdicate BC those people are also sick...and to be healed would mean the world to them..and be a source of great encouragement to all.

I work for Home Depot, and I had customer come in last night, and some how we began talking about conservative Christians. He told me he used to work for the Movie industry as a stunt man. He said there was a accident in which he got hit by a semi truck traveling at 70 MPH. When and ambulance got there he was pronounced dead on the scene. A lady near by walk over and began to pray for this guy, the paramedic told her there was no use as he was dead. All of a sudden he sat straight up and pulled off the blanket that was covering him.
This guy was very vocal about his faith in Jesus Christ, and everyone around us heard his testimony! Two other customers who standing near by told me that her brother had a similar accident and was in a comma. As they left I prayed for this ladies brother who was in a comma. I have no doubt the Lord will heal this man. This was a God moment, and it was great. I could sense the presence of the Lord the whole time this guy was speaking to me.
God still raises the dead!!!

So God giving us knowledge and blessing us with wisdom to pull off stuff like this is not a miracle?

That seems to put God in a very very little box.

No that is not a miracle. A miracle would be someone getting their head cut off and and then getting healed like it never happened.

A miracle has to defy nature.

It matters abdicate BC those people are also sick...and to be healed would mean the world to them..and be a source of great encouragement to all.
You didn't read my message correctly... you asked about modern miracles... I answered that question. Of course people want to be healed, I do too.

@ Ceilede

I know for me, what hinders me is, when Im tryimg to believe yet the symptoms are still there..

Like for example, anxiety...trying to exercise faith when experiencing: racing thoughts, heart palps, twitching. .ect

Not saying its not possible to do, just difficult.

Pancakes, maybe we might not understand how faith works, compared to hope. Faith has nothing to do with future events, that is what hope is for. Anything that deals with getting something from the Lord in a future sense is hope. Faith, on the other hand does not believe God is going to give you anything, it simply believes in what God has already given you.

Mar 11:22 And Jesus answered them, "Have faith in God.
Mar 11:23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
Mar 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (ESV)

Notice, the believing part is not in you are going to receive it someday, but in believing you have already received it.
This is what trips up many people in their faith in believing for healing. They think faith is believing you are going to get it someday which is not true. The believing faith part is in believing you already have it. If you believe you already have it, then any symptoms that you might feel are irrelevant to your faith. It does not make any difference to what you see, feel, hear or taste that can stop your faith from working. Even time itself plays no role in your faith. Some people are healed instantly, some are healed through a progression as they stand in faith. Not doubting in the heart is the key to keeping your faith active no matter what our senses tell us.

These may be of interest to you. I don't have any personal stories to share.
Modern Miracles: 5 Stories For Bible Skeptics From 'It's a God Thing'

What I find maybe not so much a miracle as just an astonishing proof of God's desire to show his power and authority at will, is what are called incorruptible corpses. Listverse has an account of this as miracle 9 on their site list from 2008>>Link
bernprof-1-tm.jpg
Yes, that's a real corpse. Amazing.

I've rarely heard of anyone with bipolar, schizophrenia, antisocial serial killers , healed and made fully whole.

The greatest miracle that anyone who responds to this thread is the act of God saving you from the penalty of your sin.

God saving the depraved, and wicked lost is the greatest miracle that could ever take place. We were all lost, dead in sin and depraved.
BUT God in His love found it acceptable to extend His grace to all of us in the Lord Jesus Christ that by believing upon Him, WE would be able to live with God in heaven for all eternity.

There is NOTHING better than that!

Note that some incorrupt bodies that have been discovered and placed on display have had make up or wax added to them to improve their appearance. This is due to the fact that some bodies, while incorrupt, may not appear as beautiful as others, or may only be partially incorrupt while others are fully incorrupt. To those non-believers reading this page, these minor touch-ups are irrelevant when it comes to the state of a body's incorruptibility; no amount of make up or wax could possibly prevent these bodies (some centuries old!) from decaying once placed on display. The majority of incorrupt bodies remain incorrupt after being put on display, regardless of whether they have been touched up or not. Source

Last edited:
In the bible it speaks of earthquakes in divers places, wars and rumors of war. Pestilences are also on the rise. Today many more are claiming to be Jesus than before. I find it a miricle that 3 books (matt24, mark13, luke21) out of the bible written approx. 50-85A.D. (THE YEAR OF OUR LORD) have a very accurate, even precise, documented account of things going to take place. And even more because some have rejected the truth, strong delusion is sent to them... and many dont believe.
I SEE MIRACLES EVERY DAY!

Scripture bird, thats amazing.. but I have to agree with what another user said, it does look like it's made out of wax...

And ccw95, I get what you're saying, but with my anxiety the no doubting is hard... I guess my faith has a long way to go.

Some of the incorruptables look a little rough. But St. Bernadette is lovely even in repose.
The article I added explains that due to decay, etc... wax and other things are incorporated into preserving the body. That would appear to be in direct conflict with calling them, incorruptable.

I think it odd in any case to preserve dead bodies for public display like this. And while we often hope the dead rest in peace, what peace is there afforded someone being declared a saint postmortem? Inundated with mortals requests for eternity as those intermediaries between the faithful and God.

Back