Can you recommend a Christian dating site

I had to think about this question and the postings after.
The Bible offers several insights regarding finding a wife, emphasizing both divine guidance and personal responsibility.

1. Divine Guidance: The Bible teaches that God is involved in our lives, including in relationships. Proverbs 19:14 says, "Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord." This verse suggests that God can bless someone with a wise and virtuous wife. Additionally, Proverbs 18:22 states, "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord," which underscores marriage as a divine blessing.
  2. Personal Responsibility and Virtue: While God may guide, the Bible also emphasizes the importance of wisdom and personal choices in relationships. For example, Proverbs 31 describes the characteristics of a virtuous wife, highlighting attributes such as hard work, wisdom, and care for her family. This suggests that a man should seek these qualities and be intentional in his search.
  3. Trusting in God’s Timing and Path: Passages like Proverbs 3:5-6 encourage trust in God's direction in all areas of life, including relationships: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." This implies that seeking God’s guidance through prayer and trust is key.
  4. Walking in Wisdom: Scriptures also instruct individuals to follow a path of wisdom. Ephesians 5:15-17 advises, "Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is." This encourages Christians to seek wisdom in their decisions, including finding a spouse.
In summary, the Bible suggests a balance between trusting God for guidance and being wise and proactive in seeking a spouse. Prayer, seeking God's will, and looking for a spouse with godly virtues are common themes.
I tend to look at life as a too things. One is Freewill to take, and create paths I want. Two, to pray for path that God may answer.
The difference is, #1 depend on me 100% making the right choices and path, #2 Helps me take path in a way that pleases God.
When it comes to God and Dating sites. There exist no biblical reason I can find that God did not point the person to such a site, if it was indeed
prayed upon and a path was presented.
Just My Opinion and My Perspective.

Paul

Forgiven in what way can’t you line up with reformed theology
i dont want to explain it i will just say there are some things i agree but lots i do not .. iam just not a fan of reformed theology . i am rather independent in my beliefs i study things out and reformed i have my nick in here is forgiven and thats enough for me . there aint no certain doctrine i consider the be the ultimate correct one. its like eating chicken i eat the meat and throw the bones away .. i have a dear friend in u.k she is Calvinist. i respect her i have listened to her pastor on facebook.

i dont want to explain it i will just say there are some things i agree but lots i do not .. iam just not a fan of reformed theology . i am rather independent in my beliefs i study things out and reformed i have my nick in here is forgiven and thats enough for me . there aint no certain doctrine i consider the be the ultimate correct one. its like eating chicken i eat the meat and throw the bones away .. i have a dear friend in u.k she is Calvinist. i respect her i have listened to her pastor on facebook.
Forgiven there be no certain doctrine you consider the ultimate correct one ???. Generally people who think that way end believing anything. Ok thank you for your insight

Generally people who think that way end believing anything.
thats not the case paul wrote i know in whom i have believed a phrase from reformed ------> solo scripture i am ordained general Baptist . all that is nothing but a name tag.. i like parts of the southern baptist also interpretation of scriptures is where it cones to i go by the Book written word

Back