Dusty

Inactive
Capstone

Matthew 21:42

42Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:
" 'The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes'

Today a cornerstone is placed at the foundation of a building but in ancient Israel the capstone was placed at the very top - a true " head " stone .

Jesus is the Stone that serves as the alignment and the completion of our lives .

Jesus is the Stone that serves as the alignment and the completion of our lives .

Yup. Our Lord Jesus Christ is a lot of things. But of course, He is also a foundation:

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ
1 Cor 3:11

Amen John and IHL...

Jesus is our King of Kings and Lord of Lords and I love the fact that He shows no favouritism . He loves us all just the way we came to the cross . He died for us all and He reveals Himself to all of us . He alone is the totality of ALL we need.

And because we can also say that Christ completes our life when we surrender all to Him .
Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Because when Christ comes into our lives it is also our responsibility to work out our salvation in order to fulfill that completion . Not just to say " well now I am saved , I can sit back cause I have eternal life. " . Nope , that is not our purpose . God also desires us to fulfill His will in our lives so that we can run the race with God's promise of eternal glory and our final destiny of Heaven

1 Corinthians 9:24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

So , back to the cornerstone , Christ Jesus or Rock .... who is our unfailing love and strength because the cornerstone sybolizes strength .

And when we share in the abandonment that Christ experienced on the cross for us , we can truly seek protection and deliverance from our . Rock of Salvation. Hallelujah for the cross.

Yup. Our Lord Jesus Christ is a lot of things. But of course, He is also a foundation:

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ
1 Cor 3:11

People can get carried away with all kinds of religious things, but if Jesus isn't the foundation, none of it really matters and will not stand but will fail

Not just to say " well now I am saved , I can sit back cause I have eternal life. " . Nope , that is not our purpose . God also desires us to fulfill His will in our lives so that we can run the race with God's promise of eternal glory and our final destiny of Heaven [/B]

1 Corinthians 9:24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

So , back to the cornerstone

Going back a little, just wanted to add, that Dusty is right, that we should fulfill God's will and run to get the prize. The Aposle Paul also wanted that prize and did not sat back and relaxed:

No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize
1 Cor 9:27

People can get carried away with all kinds of religious things, but if Jesus isn't the foundation, none of it really matters and will not stand but will fail

Isn't that the truth ... Religion will not save the person . Only the Power of the Holy Spirit. They are only fooling themselves . We need to have the Spirit of discernment to know that a lot of even so called pastors are not teaching the whole truth . That is why we are also told to test the spirits .

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

He is not only The Rock of our salvation, He was also that Rock in the wilderness
1st Cor "For I so not want to to be unaware, brethern, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea;and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea and all ate the same spiritual food and drank of the same spiritual rock which followed them; AND THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST'
and He is still saying "If anyone thrist let him come to me and drink"
Praise God He is the same... yesterday,today and forever

What a mighty God we serve!!

He is not only The Rock of our salvation, He was also that Rock in the wilderness
1st Cor "For I so not want to to be unaware, brethern, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea;and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea and all ate the same spiritual food and drank of the same spiritual rock which followed them; AND THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST'
and He is still saying "If anyone thrist let him come to me and drink"
Praise God He is the same... yesterday,today and forever

What a mighty God we serve!!

Amen .... Thank you Jesus .

Because HeisallIneed was talking about the Rock , Christ Jesus and the topic is foundations or capstones ( all in the same family there is also a parable that Jesus talked about in Matthew 7 : 24-27 ...

He tells us that if we are wise and build our house upon a rock the foundation will not fall or crumble and likewise if we build our life on the Rock Christ Jesus and put our trust in Him our life will not fall apart. But take head cause if we build our house on sand and the rains come it will be washed away . So in conclusion I would say that the house on the sand would be like the lukewarm Christian who follows Christ from a distance , does not read their Bible and thinks that their life is ok . .... Hmm... what do you do ? Is your foundation In Christ Jesus with Him being at the head of your house or is your house on sinking sand and in need of a solid foundation ?

So Jesus is telling us in verse 24 to be obedient to His Word and follow Him so that we can say that Jesus Christ is our firm foundation . We will then love Him and obey Him as He makes our house stronger . Then when the storms of life come they may hit but they cannot destroy.

What a wonderful lesson for me and for you .

Because HeisallIneed was talking about the Rock , Christ Jesus and the topic is foundations or capstones ( all in the same family there is also a parable that Jesus talked about in Matthew 7 : 24-27 ...

He tells us that if we are wise and build our house upon a rock the foundation will not fall or crumble and likewise if we build our life on the Rock Christ Jesus and put our trust in Him our life will not fall apart. But take head cause if we build our house on sand and the rains come it will be washed away . So in conclusion I would say that the house on the sand would be like the lukewarm Christian who follows Christ from a distance , does not read their Bible and thinks that their life is ok . .... Hmm... what do you do ? Is your foundation In Christ Jesus with Him being at the head of your house or is your house on sinking sand and in need of a solid foundation ?

So Jesus is telling us in verse 24 to be obedient to His Word and follow Him so that we can say that Jesus Christ is our firm foundation . We will then love Him and obey Him as He makes our house stronger . Then when the storms of life come they may hit but they cannot destroy.

What a wonderful lesson for me and for you .

A great lesson indeed and may I just add something to that Dusty by saying that the materials we use in our building upon that rock is also so very important as we read in 1Cor 3: Now if any man builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood hay, straw, each one's work will declare it because it will tried by fire and the fire will test each one's work of what sort it is. If anyone's work which he has built on endures he will receive a reward.....

Excellent thread, Dusty! Love it!

How about we add the very serious warning verse next from those HeisallIneed wrote:

1 Corinthians Ch 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Whoa, great news in as much as how we're living in v. 14. God rewards us for our good works. BAD news for those whose works are bad or non-existent: he'll still be saved - but just 'by a whisker', and LOSE all of his reward. Serious!!

I know which of these I prefer (and seek to seriously live out day by day!!)

- BM

A great lesson indeed and may I just add something to that Dusty by saying that the materials we use in our building upon that rock is also so very important as we read in 1Cor 3: Now if any man builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood hay, straw, each one's work will declare it because it will tried by fire and the fire will test each one's work of what sort it is. If anyone's work which he has built on endures he will receive a reward.....

Excellent HeisallIneed and Bondman thanks ... You see two heads are better than one ..... errr three heads in this case .... LOL .... God Bless. That is a very good point you guys.

Let's see now *counts heads*... 1, 2, 3. Yep, you're absolutely right, Dusty! *haha*

But I simply thought of adding the extra ('negative') verse cos of the ('positive') one HeisallIneed already wrote - and then only because I'd made a bit of a "fuss" about this *hee!* in a recent message in The Inner Room!

But yes, I sure agree that when we add our heads together Godly wonders can come from it!! Blessings!

- BM

Let's see now *counts heads*... 1, 2, 3. Yep, you're absolutely right, Dusty! *haha*

But I simply thought of adding the extra ('negative') verse cos of the ('positive') one HeisallIneed already wrote - and then only because I'd made a bit of a "fuss" about this *hee!* in a recent message in The Inner Room!

But yes, I sure agree that when we add our heads together Godly wonders can come from it!! Blessings!

- BM

Amen and amen . And I love to read what others have recieved from the Holy Spirit . You all have added wonderful thoughts to this thread.

Isaiah 28:16 So this is what the Sovereign LORD says:
"See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a tested stone,
a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation;
the one who trusts will never be dismayed.

And to add to that John saw a vison in Revelation of what the rebuilding and foundation of the Temple would be like in the New Jerusalem

Revelation 21:20...the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.

Back