Catching up with everyone

Hi Group,
I have not been online much at all over the last year. I have been extremely busy with work and took on a new project that has taken up a great deal of my time.
My project is still ongoing, but coming to somewhat of an end soon. Actually, it will create a bit more work for me down the road, but it will be more manageable and less stressful, if that makes sense.

A lot has happened over the last year.
  1. I went to Israel for 10 days in February. It was a wonderful trip and such a beautiful land to visit. It was not what I was expecting. Although, I do not even know what I was expecting, honestly.
  2. I went with 54 other people so I met new people and got to know my pastor and his wife personally. They are such good authentic christian people. I really love them.
  3. I joined a small group led by a couple who was on the trip with us. I really like them a lot.
  4. I have grown as a christian so much....
  5. God has healed my heart from hurts from my ex-husband. This is a huge blessing as I truly believe I had a form of PTSD. I could not be around men who yelled or were loud. I heard a man yell at a woman once in a parking lot and it gave me so much anxiety. It was stressful because I carried this around quietly and did not discuss it with anyone. I no longer feel this way, but I do choose to not be around men like that.
  6. God has healed my heart from feeling unloved. I now fully understand who I am and what God says about me.
  7. I have 100% forgiven my ex-husband for everything. I wish him well and I pray for him often (used to pray for him daily). I pray God heals him and he is able to love a woman the right way God intended. I pray he turns his life over to God fully. I really want to see him blessed and I pray God will send him a wonderful Godly woman who will love him. I hope she has children will love him, too, so he can experience being a dad as a christian man. He never really raised our son. He was never around for him. I do pray his relationship with my son will grow. My son forgives him and loves him, but their relationship is a bit strained i think.
  8. God has Grown me as a leader in my office.
  9. My office bible club has been meeting for over 2 years, I think. God has really been blessing us and growing us together and individually. It's a blessing to have these people and friendships in my life at work and personally. We have all become so much closer. We started this book club so we could grow and our number one goal was to become TRANSFORMED. It is happening to each one of us before our eyes. It's amazing and we are all humbled by it.
  10. GROWTH GROWTH GROWTH... it's been an amazing journey of growth and deeper fellowship with believers.
So much more is happening spiritually. I am so very happy. I wanted to update you because you were there with me in the beginning praying for me and encouraging me.
God is so wonderful to hear our prayers and grow us into He wants us to be. I am so very thankful and humbled.

I want to thank each of you.
Suzie

Hi Group,
I have not been online much at all over the last year. I have been extremely busy with work and took on a new project that has taken up a great deal of my time.
My project is still ongoing, but coming to somewhat of an end soon. Actually, it will create a bit more work for me down the road, but it will be more manageable and less stressful, if that makes sense.

1. I went to Israel for 10 days in February. It was a wonderful trip and such a beautiful land to visit. It was not what I was expecting. Although, I do not even know what I was expecting, honestly.
  2. I went with 54 other people so I met new people and got to know my pastor and his wife personally. They are such good authentic christian people. I really love them.
  3. I joined a small group led by a couple who was on the trip with us. I really like them a lot.
  5. God has healed my heart from hurts from my ex-husband. This is a huge blessing as I truly believe I had a form of PTSD. I could not be around men who yelled or were loud. I heard a man yell at a woman once in a parking lot and it gave me so much anxiety. It was stressful because I carried this around quietly and did not discuss it with anyone. I no longer feel this way, but I do choose to not be around men like that.
  6. God has healed my heart from feeling unloved. I now fully understand who I am and what God says about me.
  7. I have 100% forgiven my ex-husband for everything. I wish him well and I pray for him often (used to pray for him daily). I pray God heals him and he is able to love a woman the right way God intended. I pray he turns his life over to God fully. I really want to see him blessed and I pray God will send him a wonderful Godly woman who will love him. I hope she has children will love him, too, so he can experience being a dad as a christian man. He never really raised our son. He was never around for him. I do pray his relationship with my son will grow. My son forgives him and loves him, but their relationship is a bit strained i think.
  9. My office bible club has been meeting for over 2 years, I think. God has really been blessing us and growing us together and individually. It's a blessing to have these people and friendships in my life at work and personally. We have all become so much closer. We started this book club so we could grow and our number one goal was to become TRANSFORMED. It is happening to each one of us before our eyes. It's amazing and we are all humbled by it.
  10. GROWTH GROWTH GROWTH... it's been an amazing journey of growth and deeper fellowship with believers.
So much more is happening spiritually. I am so very happy. I wanted to update you because you were there with me in the beginning praying for me and encouraging me.
God is so wonderful to hear our prayers and grow us into He wants us to be. I am so very thankful and humbled.

Suzie
I should also add that I quit listening to secular music altogether. I only listen to praise and worship music so I am surrounding myself with the gospel always. I listen to it openly in my office, too. If you walk in, you will hear Praise music playing from my computer. I am also doing another 10 day trip in 2020. A group of us that went to Israel are now doing Paul's Journey and will visit the route he walked and go to those places. It will be incredible.

I should also add that I quit listening to secular music altogether. I only listen to praise and worship music so I am surrounding myself with the gospel always. I listen to it openly in my office, too. If you walk in, you will hear Praise music playing from my computer. I am also doing another 10 day trip in 2020. A group of us that went to Israel are now doing Paul's Journey and will visit the route he walked and go to those places. It will be incredible.

Hi CoffeeDrinker, have a question. I've heard (or read) many people who have also stopped listening to Secular Music. Why is that? I don;t listed to much of it, but do while driving around. Mine is limited to the 80s and 90s.

Ray

Hi CoffeeDrinker, have a question. I've heard (or read) many people who have also stopped listening to Secular Music. Why is that? I don;t listed to much of it, but do while driving around. Mine is limited to the 80s and 90s.
Ray

Hello CoffeeDrinker and rtm3039;

I agree with CoffeeDrinker's convictions why she only listens to praise and worship music. To answer Ray's question why, is that the lyrics and certain styles of music can be suggestive, especially when we idolize, worship and chant lyrics that curse and don't give glory to Jesus, or musical instruments that are extremely non-sensical noise.

God inhabits our praises and need to be consciously praising Him whether we're in corporate worship, what we are listening to or singing along.

God bless you all and your families.

Ray
Hi there, I agree with Bobinfaith.
The closer I get to God the more conviction I began to have. In order to get where I want to be with God I needed to surround myself with him as Bob mentioned. I wanted to be in a mindset of hearing praise and worship to help me praise God more all day long where ever I am. It has helped so much. I used to listen to only country music. I loved it. Putting those words into my mind quickly will put them into my heart. I do not want to be that way anymore. I want more. I began to change. I use my car time for alone with God time and pray and talk with God. It's wonderful. So i hardly listen to music in my car anymore, if i do, it's praise and worship.

The convictions moved into my TV and movies. I love serial killer thrillers and scary movies. I dont watch them anymore. It has even changed what i read. I love serial killer thriller books and mysteries. Now i read christian books and i do still like my thrillers, but i switched to christian authors. There are some that write really good thrillers.

Sounds all good coffeedrinker. When we look back on our walk with Christ to see how far we come, its a long way.

I was really into music and had to have it on all the time but then God really showed me a lot of it was idolatry, the hardest thing was to give up a favourite band I used to listen to all the time, but actually I am a lot freer after I gave them all away and listening to God more than other peoples emotions, heartbreaks etc. And I actually dont miss it.

Sounds all good coffeedrinker. When we look back on our walk with Christ to see how far we come, its a long way.

I was really into music and had to have it on all the time but then God really showed me a lot of it was idolatry, the hardest thing was to give up a favourite band I used to listen to all the time, but actually I am a lot freer after I gave them all away and listening to God more than other peoples emotions, heartbreaks etc. And I actually dont miss it.
Lanolin, many people to this; however, this is one of those things that is left to the individual. I previously posted something I had read on the subject and that article focused on the lyrics or secular music, vs music as a whole (see: https://www.gotquestions.org/secular-music.html).

I will admit that my like of music stopped evolving in the 1980s. It's all about Journey, Kansas, REO, and Chicago. Add to this a little Christian rock, and I am set.

rtm3039

Lanolin, many people to this; however, this is one of those things that is left to the individual. I previously posted something I had read on the subject and that article focused on the lyrics or secular music, vs music as a whole (see: https://www.gotquestions.org/secular-music.html).

I will admit that my like of music stopped evolving in the 1980s. It's all about Journey, Kansas, REO, and Chicago. Add to this a little Christian rock, and I am set.

rtm3039
I never said it was for everyone this is what God showed me personally. As said in other posts I grew up bombarded with loud music everyday. I actually enjoy quiet time. I can hear God better.

I dont need to look to any human band or voice as a way to experience God. GOd can speak to me in his still small voice when its quiet.

I never said it was for everyone this is what God showed me personally. As said in other posts I grew up bombarded with loud music everyday. I actually enjoy quiet time. I can hear God better.

I dont need to look to any human band or voice as a way to experience God. GOd can speak to me in his still small voice when its quiet.
Lanolin, I agree with your comments. This is why I noted "left to the individual..."

Did I google this right? Is it past 2am on Sunday in your location?

rtm3039

Lanolin, I agree with your comments. This is why I noted "left to the individual..."

Did I google this right? Is it past 2am on Sunday in your location?

rtm3039
No its sunday morning here now.
Sorry I thought you meant i had meant I implied everyone had to stop listening to music cos you wrote many people do this however...

No worries.
Im just relating to one of coffeedrinkers examples of what Gods doing in her life. He really does change our perspective on things, like before I wouldnt notice lyrics so much but now I think well what is this song really saying. Is it honoring God or more like its glorifying satan. I found a lot of the music I was listening to was all about how people got their hearts broken but kept going back to the devil. People actually sing love songs to the devil. They also sing about how they got cheated on and disrepected and how depressed or angry they are! Im like, i dont actually need to listen to this!

Hi Group,

Suzie

This is beautiful! Your next trip also sounds like it's going to be amazing! What I like the most about growth, is to look back and realize just how much you have grown. God bless you! And enjoy life abundantly!

Back