Cell Phones (distracted Driving) Kills 3,300 Cbs Says.

MichaelH

Inactive
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/scaring-young-drivers-into-putting-down-their-cell-phones/

The last time 19-year-old Liz Marks texted while driving she almost died.

"I slammed into a flatbed tow truck that was fully stopped in my lane," Marks said.
distracted-driving-crash.jpg
The year of Liz Marks' accident more than 3,300 people died in distracted-driving accidents CBS News

Was she driving distracted as it's called?
"Yes, I was texting and driving," Marks said.

She suffered a traumatic brain injury, a fractured skull and a collapsed lung.

The accident happened in 2012 and according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, that year more than 3,300 people nationwide were killed and about 420,000 injured in distracted-driving related crashes.
Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx is launching a campaign to combat a growing trend.

But why now and has it taken too long?

"It's because people think they can take a second or two off the road," he said. "And what we have to do is constantly remind people."

They will do that with a series of graphic ads that will begin airing next week.
In 43 states and the District of Columbia, texting while driving is against the law.

The last text Marks received before her accident came from her mother, Betty.

"And it was me," she said. "That was the last text that was open. She was reading my text. I almost lost my little girl over a stupid text."

The national campaign will cost about $ 9 million. The Department of Transportation found that when ads were coupled with enforcement, cell phone use while driving dropped by about one-third.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this for unbelievers, I know us believers have far to much of God's Wisdom than to text and drive. This should keep some alive so we can have a chance to witness to them.

Right?

Reactions: Sal
Greetings:

Capital idea,yes indeed;somebody should address train drivers thinking they are safe with one eye on the rail.

bye

"It's because people think they can take a second or two off the road,"

So what's the solution?

They will do that with a series of graphic ads that will only cost 9 million, which people will be able to take a second or two to read while they're driving, to teach them that they can't take their eyes off the road for a second or two while driving.

"I know us believers have far to much of God's Wisdom than to text and drive."

Yup, if you text and drive you're not a Christian. From the doctrine of MichaelH. Thank you for your wisdom. ;)

Thou shalt not take thine eye off the road.... and all who do shall be cast into the lake of fire that burns forever. I learn this at vacation bible school when I was about 8, and I thought it was common biblical knowledge?:mad:

Back