Changing My Life

Jesus Freak

Previously DanaCovert68
I am trying to change my life for the better. I was a negative person, and, now I am learning through a friend that I am needing to become a more positive person.

I have him trying to help me through scripture, and, its fun doing that. One I found is: Psalm 56:3: "But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you."

It's telling me that if I am afraid of something that's going on in my life, I have to trust in GOD.

And, it's working most of the time. Just have to keep trying.

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
(Luk 10:19)

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
(2Th 3:2-3)

I believe this over anything fear will tell me.

Blessings.

We are where we are spiritually. Our faith is just where it's at, until we increase it. I have found that if we just believe something the Lord will meet us at the level of what we can believe. God never does anything for us according to His ability, we get from God according to our ability to believe and receive what He said.

Once we meditate on the Word long enough until it displaces all thoughts of fear that it won't work out and replaces all the physical evidence that says we won't be happy and secure again, then things move and testimonies are made.

The answer does not just come because we pray, the answer comes when we are convinced it will come by the Word promised after we pray. (Mark 11:24) So taking some scripture and keeping it before us will displace those other things that try to hold us down and keep us sad.

Jesus said what Measure we meet to the Word, it shall be measured back again and more given (Mark 4) So despite how bad we feel or afraid, we know that if we just keep focused more and more on the Word, then what the Word says to us is measured back in real results.

It don't matter where we are at, it just matters that we hold onto what we have, and keep adding more. Before we know it, and looking back we see that God fixed everything and we don't even know how that happened.

Psa 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

God's word is the way God intended life to be, If he said we are healed, then I believe it. If he said I was safe, then I believe it, if He said he restores the Heart of the Children to the Father, I believe it. If He said I will perfect those things that concern you (Psa 138:8) I believe it. If he said cast my care on him because he cares for me, I believe it.

Blessings.

My life changing is going well guys. I am really learning to forget the bad things in life, and, focus on the good things. Like Christmas. God is working in my life for the better, and, I am not letting the devil stop me from being a better person.

I am having an okay day. Not the best day. But it's going okay. I am ready for it to end and the new day to start for me.

Being positive is hard, sometimes we have grown up in a negative environment and then even when we become a Christian, it doesn't always come easily to rejoice when things are not going our way. I have found that reading the Bible every day helps me to change to become the person God wants me to be. One way to read it is to take a small scripture and read it through several times, thinking deeply about it. We are loved by God and He wants to help us to become more like Jesus, so keep taking one day at a time :)

Being positive is hard, sometimes we have grown up in a negative environment and then even when we become a Christian, it doesn't always come easily to rejoice when things are not going our way. I have found that reading the Bible every day helps me to change to become the person God wants me to be. One way to read it is to take a small scripture and read it through several times, thinking deeply about it. We are loved by God and He wants to help us to become more like Jesus, so keep taking one day at a time :)

I listen to the bible on my ipod and when I am done, I am feeling better. And I will start writing things down I'm thankful for. Good ideas.

I really am trying to be more positive. It's hard, but God will help me through the rough times.
Being positive = mentally brainwashing yourself / sticking your head in the ground like an ostrich. There are plenty positive teachers out there to help you do that. The Holy Spirit is not one!

Jesus does NOT offer you a mental state of ''positivity''. He offers you true victory over sin and all problems / true strength to be an overcomer. Using the word 'positive', undermines the power of Christ in our lives. Don't you get that? I am happy because I am an overcomer in Christ. Because I know I am special to God. Because I see my life in His hands. Not because I mentally eliminate the negative so as to be only positive. The word positive is so weak. It does not deserve to be mentioned with any attribute of being in Christ.

You are confusing that inner peace that we get from trusting God with the word ''positive''. The word 'positive' has such a bad reputation and is rife amongst false teachers. Please stop using it. It drives me nuts to hear it in Christian discussion!

Last edited:
I personally will not use the word positive. If you KingJ don't want to use it, then fine. It helps me to make my life "better" and that's all that matters.

I know I'm a victor, and not a victim.

I am trusting God in all I do. Negative AND positive. Thank you and Gid bless.

Maybe get angry that sinners are going to hell, now that is a fact worth getting stressed about as long as it leads to action. The Bible has much to say about cultivating thankfulness and focussing my mind on the real blessings I have from God is nothing like positive thinking or brainwashing, instead it is training my mind to be fixed on the truth that He is involved in my life right now.

I was reading today about setting aside in my heart a holy place for God: 1 Peter 3.15 But sanctify The Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defence to everyone who asks you a reason for the Hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.

I hope that this Forum is a safe place for us to be honest but to express ourselves gracefully and with love for others not for venting our frustration and anger.

I meant to say,"I am personally going to use the word positive. KingJ you don't want to use it you don't have to."

How did I make my life better? The first thing I did was to realise that on my own, I was not able to be good because every day I mess up. Next, I thought about how much Jesus must have loved me if He was prepared to be punished for all my wrongdoing. Then I spoke to God and said sorry for doing wrong and for ignoring Him. I thanked Jesus too and told Him I wanted to follow Him.

After that, I started to read the Bible every day, found a church and He led me step by step.

Ok here is what I'm going to say from now on: ''I am ready tosubmit to the will of God, for better or worse to my life''.

Thank you KingJ for that. I can't wait to submit my life to God this year.

Back