Changing the book of Revealtion

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

Changing the book of Revealtion

Jesus commands us to speak the truth in love. As such I cannot stand by and see anyone cause themselves hurt without warning them of eternal consequence.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Good point, however I wonder how far this reaches and who would dare add/remove from it. And If I may ask:

I'm perplexed friend, you speak as if someone has already done so
(when you say: "As such I cannot stand by and see anyone cause themselves hurt") but yet the comment is rather vague why don't you just confront the person directly so you can rebuke them instead of everyone?

Nothing personal but if it is me, please rebuke me I'll Love you for it :)

It is certainly not you my precious brother. Such a person as this is in serious decption and bondage so we should pray for them.

Have you ever noticed in verse 18 it says, “the prophecy of this book” and in verse 19 it says, “the book of this prophecy”?

I’ve heard some say that one reference is for the book of Revelation and the other reference would include the Bible as a whole. To me, it would make sense that if God feels that strongly about one book in the Bible… He would feel just as strongly about the whole Bible. God’s word is God’s word, no matter what part it is from.

Blessings
Dean

Good point, however I wonder how far this reaches and who would dare add/remove from it. And If I may ask:

I'm perplexed friend, you speak as if someone has already done so
(when you say: "As such I cannot stand by and see anyone cause themselves hurt") but yet the comment is rather vague why don't you just confront the person directly so you can rebuke them instead of everyone?

Nothing personal but if it is me, please rebuke me I'll Love you for it :)

The Jehovah Wittnesses and certainly the Mormons have changed the words aroung to mean something else. But I was told by my Mormon friend that it only means the Book of Revelation. I don't see where you get that it would mean the whole Bible.

The Jehovah Wittnesses and certainly the Mormons have changed the words aroung to mean something else. But I was told by my Mormon friend that it only means the Book of Revelation. I don't see where you get that it would mean the whole Bible.

Have you ever noticed in verse 18 it says, “the prophecy of this book” and in verse 19 it says, “the book of this prophecy”?

That also matches up with two verses in Deuteronomy.

Deu 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of Jehovah your God which I command you.

Deu 12:32 What thing soever I command you, that shall ye observe to do: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

It just seems clear to me that God doesn’t want anyone messing around with His word.
It reminds me of when I was a kid and every once in a while Dad would say those famous words, “because I’m the Dad, and I said so”.

If the Bible is God's Word (which it is) then it would be sheer insanity to try to change it or "improve" on it.

Not just insanity but I can't even get my head around the arrogance of anyone who feels that they can improve on what God has done.

Opps "SweetSurrender" you have misquoted me. Maybe you mean someone else? Cause I don't remember saying that specifically nor do I see anyplace on this forum where I even typed anything of that sort.

btw, I would be careful about the mormons, their religion cannot be traced back to it's roots, it's racist against black people and they actually believe they will become gods. I do not believe in mormonism personally, I am a Christian and have seen enough great things in my life to know that my God is very real.

That also matches up with two verses in Deuteronomy.

Deu 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of Jehovah your God which I command you.

Deu 12:32 What thing soever I command you, that shall ye observe to do: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

It just seems clear to me that God doesn’t want anyone messing around with His word.
It reminds me of when I was a kid and every once in a while Dad would say those famous words, “because I’m the Dad, and I said so”.

I guess it was WhoAmI who I was talking about. But, now, reading it again, I see the verse he quoted was from the book of Deu., which is in the O.T. This is new and I will share it with Joy. Thanx, WhoAmI!

Well it is obvious the gospel message is included in that:

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Just my opinion but what would make anyone think they are smart enough to improve God's Word?

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Deu 4:1 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.
Deu 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Oh, Boanerges, thank you for all those verses. I am really going to have to use that Bible Gateway site! They are very convincing that God meant that nothing should be added to or taken away from the Bible. Another thought, though: I know the answer Joy will give if I share these verses. She will say, "anything that Joseph Smith came up with in writing the Bom was ok, because he was a present day prophet and his words are from God anyway, for this day and age."

Sorry to keep at it. But, would you pray for her that something I say will get through to her? At least put a little doubt in her heart about what she so strongly believes? I have to face this every day. But, I don't mind anymore as much, because I know in my heart the truth. Her "knowing the truth" is the "burning in her bosom" that tells her that her church is the only true church. That feeling that is so dangerous.

I would simply remind here that the scripture predates Mr Smith and delcares that any who bring another gospel is cursed. Does Mr smith fit into the any catagory- of course he does. If God contradicts Himself He will no longer be God but of course He will never do that. Anyone who contradicts His Word is a false prophet plain and simple and is under a curse. Does your friend believe God contradicts Himself. I would ask her this before presenting the scriptures to her.
I will certainly pray for your friend.

if there is contridiction in text,1 lost in translation,2 satan has changed it through man who has no respect to God Jesus,or the holy spirit,or 3 a misinterpretation by man.

Just my opinion but what would make anyone think they are smart enough to improve God's Word?

I wonder this myself Larry. The only thing that really makes sense to me is that they are deceived mightily by demonic influences. I mean....some really believe that they know the Truth better than the author of it and it just has to be a the father of all lies convincing them. The only other explanation is very serious mental illness.

Do you think that these type of people can be released or are there those who have given themselves fully over to the demonic influence and then can't be released?

I know people are de-programmed from cults but what of those who are so immersed and indoctrinated that they are completely convinced they are right? Has God turned them over to a depraved mind?
What do you think?

Back