Charity / Good works

Brother we are not save by "faith". We save by "grace" through faith. There is big difference as faith always has works associated to it, and grace does not.
We are saved by the mercy and grace of God. Where faith comes in is if we want to "access" this salvation which was given to us by "grace", then that requires faith. Faith is a "key" that allows us to get salvation that God gave to us strictly by his grace. This is very important to understand or we will think that it is by our faith and actions we are getting salvation which is not true.

As for the Word of God, and each scripture in the Bible, the Word does us no good until we "know" it, then it set us free. The word "know" means, "to have an intimate relationship with." The same intimate relationship that Adam had with Eve when Adam "knew" Eve and she bare him a son. The word by it self needs it's voice which only God the Father can give to us. Without his fellowship we will not receive what the scripture tell us.

Yep, I misspoke (Miss-typed???) I claim no excuse. The error is significant and I am chagrinned at my error. I appreciate your pointing this out, particularly where someone else could read this and think I knew what I was talking about.

My main thesis remains, though and it is quite in line with your comments about "know". Each part of God's word provides commentary and context for the others.

Back