Check Your Rocks at the Door

John 8:7, 10-11
So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself and said unto them, HE THAT IS WITHOUT SIN AMONG YOU, LET HIM CAST THE FIRST STONE.
When Jesus had lifted up Himself, and saw none but the woman, He said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee? She said, no man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, NEITHER DO I CONDEMN THEE: go, and sin no more.

How many of us can say that we have walked circumspectly or upright before the Lord ALL the days of our lives. Even though i was saved at a very young age...I cannot. I know that the things in the news upset most of us, but now is the time to remember where we came from, and what Jesus saved us out of. This is not the time to get our posters out to tell the world how much God hates them. If we did it would be an outright lie.

Romans 5:6, 8, 10, 18
6) For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ Died for the ungodly (that used to be us folks)
8) But God commendeth His Love towards us, in that While we were yet sinners, Christ Died for us (hmmmm this used to be us also)
10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. (Hmmmm we used to be God's enemy?)
18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgement came upon ALL men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon ALL men unto justification of life.

The people of the world will be doing their best to rub some peoples noses in the fact that they won this great battle. Shall we be like them? Or shall we continue to pray that the Lord of the Harvest shall get many more workers into the field to reap the harvest that is ripe.

John 3:16-17 says that God so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that Whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.

Please don't misunderstand me...I do not condone or accept what the ruling was. In fact it is my opinion that the reason that the elected judges were able to be there in the first place is because America has backslidden, and many have walked away (or become to busy to have time for) their first love (Jesus Christ). But even though this has happened it is the time to not give up on our country. It is the time to pray for it and ourselves (the Church and the Body of Christ as a whole) and rededicate ourselves to God first and doing all that He asks of us and spreading the good news of Jesus Christ to all people and to be really seeking God on how, and who to share the Gospel with.

America and us all have made some mistakes in our lives......but God still has a covenant with this country, and until He decides that we have gone to far...then we still have a chance in the upcoming elections to vote in a Godly man with Godly principles that will not compromise his convictions.

I leave you with one final thought....2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people, who are called by My Name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Amen @Cturtle ,

As I read this post a lot of things began to flood in and once again I find my self viewing how to many of the Body Of Christ are operating these days. They are so sure that these are the last days and they are the generation to see this and so busy trying to prove when Jesus will come back and simply forget that the word says ONLY THE FATHER KNOWS WHEN THIS TIME WILL BE - Not even Jesus knows but waits for the Father to say GO -

I see to many giving up on the lost and poorly using scripture to give them right to do so. I see Blood Bought Christians using scripture and claiming God has given them over to a reprobate mind and cast them out and poorly digging of pieces of scriptures to make claims that God hates these or those and so forth.

News Flash ---- God does not hate them - He hates the sin but loves the sinner.

So who are any of us to give up or simply set back and wait for the end play so we can go home ? That simply is a slap on Jesus face saying I except your sacrifice but it's too late for those.

HERE IS THE DEAL

It is time we honor who we are and what has been paid in order for us to be who we are in Christ. We are His voice and hands here in this earth. In this day and hour we need to be more SAVING MINDED and Praying Minded then anything else. What I mean is - it is up to us to get God and the lost together. God placed this in mans hands a long time ago and nothing will change this.

We are the go be tweens.....How will the lost be persuaded over unto God if all they see and hear from us is how bad they are ? God destroyed the old law for just that reason. Don't push this off or over unto the Holy Spirit and say it is up to Him to sway them. Stand up and do what we are called to do - witness - share - LOVE - FORGIVE AND BLESS.

When I look around and see how far to many of the body of Christ are acting it truly shakes me up and Thank God I do not have to depend on them to bring me to the light BUT THERE IS A WOLD OUT THERE THAT DOES.

Forget about when He is coming - simply be ready at all times and do what we are here to do.

We will stand before God the great Judge....How will our life stack up ( not talking about if you make it in) I am talking about ----TIME - THE TIME YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN - THE TEST OF TIME.......How will your life reflect the time you had here on this earth. We are citizens of Heaven not earth....we have a job to do.........reflect Christ and the Fathers Love to all.

Friends it is time to stop playing church and start being like Christ Jesus. Wake up and smell the times - for if you are of thee last generation then more is riding on you then any other generation......Lets get busy and do this
God Bless us all
Jim

Last edited:
These are the times when many more people will not step foot in a church for varous reasons.....so it is up to us to take the good news to the world. In Words that we say, deeds that we do, loving and seeking to save the lost lambs that Jesus Himself would leave the 99 just to go after.

We don't have to make them our best friends or hang out with them all of the time. But it may take building a relatonship with someone online or what have you just to show them the love of God.

Amen Cturtle Amen !!
We are His light and not every ones has been able to see a pure and bright light even those who think they shine are kind of running out of oil.
God Bless

Hi cturtle can you tell me what the covenant God has with america Im not sure exactly what you on about.

As far as I know NZ has the treaty of waitangi but not sure it can be called a covenant with God, although it was signed to give sovereignty to the british crown. Which, supposedly is under God.

I thought it was believers who had a new covenant paid for by Jesus, not whole countries.

This one fulfills and is a better one than all previous covenants God had with mankind, including the one with Abraham and the one with Noah.

Hi cturtle can you tell me what the covenant God has with america Im not sure exactly what you on about.

As far as I know NZ has the treaty of waitangi but not sure it can be called a covenant with God, although it was signed to give sovereignty to the british crown. Which, supposedly is under God.

I thought it was believers who had a new covenant paid for by Jesus, not whole countries.

This one fulfills and is a better one than all previous covenants God had with mankind, including the one with Abraham and the one with Noah.

The covenant Cturtle is talking about - was one made between God and the founding fathers of this country. When this country was formed our laws were pretty much based from the word of God.

Please forgive me for not being more clear Lanolin. And thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond and clarify what was said. You are totally right that every person who has believed in Jesus has a covenant with Him. But as fishcatcher jim said the united states was founded on Biblical Principles, and thus is one of two countries that I believe (I have not researched this so i may be incorrect....as there may be more) have a covenant with God, the other country is Israel. It was God who prompted Christopher Columbus to sail to America and the Christian people who were tired of being under the British rule and the British ways of worship....went with him.

So even though America keeps messing up....I believe that we are still under grace and thus this is a wake up call to Americans to get the non believers out of office and get our country back to where it is supposed to be so that God can bless it. And to get our lives in line with the Word of God so that God can work through us, to take the message of the good news to others...especially here. We really need a good lession in loving our neighbor and being obedient to the truth of the Word of God

Oh ok can you tell me exactly when this covenant was made...thats the first I heard about it.
I did read that..captain cook felt led by the holy spirit to the new land that became New Zealand, and of coure the missionaries came to spread the gospel, but other people arrived too who werent christians so it cant be said that it was Gods promised land like canaan was to Abraham, although, in peoples lives, both maori, pakeha, and now islanders and asians immigrants to nz came to represent our own promised lands.

We do have a christian heritage but there is no covenant as such, like abraham had. Our covenant is ratified by Jesus christ to all those who believe, and it is peoples choice to believe. Nobody can force belief on ppl in NZ although it would be stupid, iMHO not to believe in Jesus!

Our anthem is God defend NZ. I think most people in nz acknowledge there is a God, although some rebellious outspoken ppl try their hardest to convince ppl there isnt one. Well, satan does everything he can to spread lies...but in general, people arent stupid. Most people know that sin is wrong. Even while they do it, they know, cos their conscience hurts them, they see the effects of sin on others...that its wrong. Even if lots of our laws are silly and counterproductive. We cannot legislate faith.

Btw nz is still in the commonwealth we are not a republic and recognise the Queen as head of state.
And the british dont actually rule us anymore. Its more nominal. So christians here didnt rebel like perhaps they did in america. Probably the times were different though, under a diferent King or queen. The treaty of waitangi was signed in 1840 under Victoria. She represented the crown.

Some people think its still valid, others dont. So, theres issues there but in general ppl just get on with life and dont worry too much about it. It was harder for maori that lost their land though. The treaty was meant to protect them, thats why it was made.

Oh ok can you tell me exactly when this covenant was made...thats the first I heard about it.
I did read that..captain cook felt led by the holy spirit to the new land that became New Zealand, and of coure the missionaries came to spread the gospel, but other people arrived too who werent christians so it cant be said that it was Gods promised land like canaan was to Abraham, although, in peoples lives, both maori, pakeha, and now islanders and asians immigrants to nz came to represent our own promised lands.

We do have a christian heritage but there is no covenant as such, like abraham had. Our covenant is ratified by Jesus christ to all those who believe, and it is peoples choice to believe. Nobody can force belief on ppl in NZ although it would be stupid, iMHO not to believe in Jesus!

Columbus sailed to america in 1492, in the mayflower. And in my opinion that is when america began their covenant with God. But the official constitution was not made till 1787.

I really would like to know more about New Zealand. Because as you say that captain cook was led by the Holy Spirit then maybe it has a covenant with God as well. Are the churches under the direction of the queen and brittan or do they have freedom to worship?

Only the anglican churches, and the queen is the representative but i think its actually headed by the archbishop of canterbury, whoever that is. The anglican church is the church of England, but, actually it was the methodists who were the ones who mostly spread the gospel in nz.

There are bishops in nz but I have no idea who they are, since I dont belong to the anglican church.

You can have personal covenants, eg most married people make their covenants to God when they get married. When people become citizens of nz thats when they make a kind of conveant, or solemn declaration. But we dont really have a nationwide covenant with God as such that abraham had and then Moses declared.

When ppl become christians of course all that is part of our heritage. Since we are grafted in to israel.

The israelites make the convenant when they get circumcised as males on the eighth day of their birth. We dont have that obviously!

The israelites make the convenant when they get circumcised as males on the eighth day of their birth. We dont have that obviously!

True, but as you said when we accept Jesus as our Savor.....the covenant that God made with Abraham becomes available to us through the Blood of Jesus. So in a sense we now have access to everything that God gave the Jews access to because we are the wild olive tree that has been engrafted itnto the true vine.

Thats what I said in previous post.

So not sure why you restricting this to just americans and israel here.

The above post was to say i agree with you that all belivers have a covenant with God, and its the same covenant that God made with Abraham.

I said we to mean you and me and every other believer out there. It was not in referance to the united states. And i apologize for not making that clear.

Blessings

Last edited:
its ok I gotcha.

Its just I sense some kind of exceptionalism in some ppls' posts esp regarding the US. Of course every country wants to think its special and favoured by God. But really, only the israelites had this special favour..they were the chosen ones. But through them, the Messiah Jesus came so His grace is now available to everyone - salvation did come from the Jews.

Back