Children's Devotional

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Children's Devotional

I thought I would start this for our children.

Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

We can read these to our children everyday and let the Holy Spirit work the word in them.

Learning To Obey

Adam and Eve knew not to eat of the tree of knowledge. The enemy (Satan) came and tricked them so they would disobey what God said. They had to live with the discipline God gave them. God still loved them – but they still had to live with the choices they made. And it is the same for us. If you never learn to obey when you’re young, when you’re older you will find it hard to obey your teachers, your coach (if you play sports), people you work for, the laws of the land and God. It is hard to get along with someone that has not learnt to obey. They often won’t listen and want to do everything their own way. Maybe you know someone like that! They end up hurting themselves – and God. It makes God sad when we don’t obey. Obedience need’s to start in the home with Mum & Dad. If we learn to obey Mum & Dad we will know how to obey when we’re older. This is one of the most important lessons to learn, and maybe the hardest. God has given us all a free will – which means we are free to make our own choices. We can choose to obey or not. It’s our choice. But we need to remember what happened to Adam and Eve. There is a price to pay! Jesus is our example. He obeyed His parents. If you find it hard to obey – tell Jesus. He understands and will help you. Remember He was a kid Himself once!

© By M.S.Lowndes

God bless,

Godbe4me

All Poetry, Card Verses, Devotionals and Scripture Verses are all ‘Free’ to use - for non-commercial use. You may copy & paste them into any craft project, cards, print them out for yourself or to give away to others, use them on blogs, internet groups, and any other website, and church bulletins/newsletters. You can also read them out in public.

Fear Not!

Read: Isaiah 43: 1-5

The Lord God, the creator of the universe, tells us to ‘Fear Not’, and that we are so very precious to Him. He has created us, and has saved us. He knows us and calls us by name. We are His very own children. (V.1). Whatever we go through, we can be sure that God is always with us. He walks with us every day. Just remember next time you feel afraid, that God is standing right by your side, and that He will walk with you. Keep on calling out to Jesus and He will be there. He loves you and you are so very precious to Him. You needn’t be afraid when you know Jesus is by your side. Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Is there something you feel afraid of? Tell Jesus now how you feel and ask Him to help you not feel afraid anymore.

© By M.S.Lowndes

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. - 1 John 4: 18

Lord, please come and be with me

When I feel afraid

Take my fear away from me
And fill me with more faith.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Helping Others

[SIZE=+1]Read: Luke 10: 25-37[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]We read in this story of the Good Samaritan, how a man was badly hurt, and though some people came his way, they did not stop to help. Only the Samaritan stopped to help and take care of the injured man. Who do you think pleased God? Do we stop to help someone that has been hurt, or just needing a helping hand? Sometimes when somebody is in need, it’s often at a time that is not good for us to stop and help the person out. We need to remember that this person is more important than what we may want to do. It pleases God when we put aside our own interests for the interests of others. Who knows, we may be the one in need of help one day![/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]© By M.S.Lowndes[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]​

Remind the people to respect the government and be law-abiding, always ready to lend a helping hand. No insults, no fights. God's people should be bighearted and courteous.
- Titus 3: 1-2 (Message)

Help me Lord to stop and see
The one that needs my help
No matter how busy I may be
I pray I can help them out.

God bless,
Godbe4me
[/SIZE]

Trust!

[SIZE=+1]Read: Psalm 37: 1-8[/SIZE]​

We read in this Psalm that those that are doing evil things seem to be prospering. But we are not to get angry or upset about that because God will have the last word and He will judge. We are told here to trust in the Lord. No matter what is happening around us, God desires us to trust in Him. Things can look real bad for a while – but God will come through. As we commit our way to the Lord and delight in Him, He will bring it to pass. He will give us the desires of our hearts. We need to be still and rest in the Lord, to wait on Him and to keep on trusting Him. God will never let you down. He is fully trustworthy. So often people can let us down – but God never will.

If there are things in your life today that are tearing you up inside, give it over to God completely and place your hope and trust in Him.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
- Proverbs 3: 5(Amp)

Lord I give you my concerns
I lay them at your feet
Help me Lord to trust in you
For my daily needs.

[SIZE=+1]God bless,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Godbe4me[/SIZE]

Our Words Can Hurt!

[SIZE=+1]Read: James 3: 1-12[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]What we say to others can really hurt their feelings. We need to be very careful with what we say to others. Have you ever been called names? How did that make you feel? Have you ever called anyone names? How do you think that would make them feel? It makes God very sad when we say hurtful things to other people. He loves all people the same. Even if we don’t like someone, God does. He loves that person just as much as He loves us. If we try to remember that, we may not want to say something mean to them. Remember that God loves you, and cares about how you feel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]© By M.S.Lowndes[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. - Proverbs 15:1

Lord help me never say
Words that hurt another
Help me always speak with words
That will uplift and encourage.

© By M.S.Lowndes

God bless,
godbe4me
[/SIZE]

Telling The Truth

[SIZE=+1]Read: Acts 5: 1-11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This is a scary story of Ananias and Sapphira. They lied to God by saying that the money they had given to the Apostles was all the money from the sale of their land. They didn’t need to give all the money if they didn’t want to. They could have just said that it was part of it. But they lied about it. God takes lying very seriously. God is a God of truth. Lying is opposite to His nature; it is the nature of Satan, our enemy. I don’t believe God would strike us dead today if we have lied, but He takes away the peace in our hearts if we have lied. It is far better to tell the truth and face the punishment than to lie and loose our peace with God, and loose the trust that our parents or friends have in us. This is something we should think of before we lie. Trust is often broken. When someone lies, we cannot believe much of what they say anymore. So make it your choice today and every day, to always tell the truth – no matter how much trouble you are in. It’s the smart choice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]© By M.S.Lowndes[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]

What this adds up to, then, is this: no more lies, no more pretense. Tell your neighbour the truth. In Christ's body we're all connected to each other, after all. When you lie to others, you end up lying to yourself. - Ephesians 4: 25 (Message)

Lord I pray that you will help me
To always speak the truth
And to be someone people can trust
Who will bring honour to you.

© By M.S.Lowndes

God bless,

Godbe4me
[/SIZE]

Faith And Actions

Read: James 2: 14-26

As we see here from our reading today, faith goes hand in hand with actions. We cannot say we have faith in God, if we don’t show it in our lives – in how we treat other people. When we see a need, we should meet that need by providing for the person. We can’t turn our backs on people – especially our brothers and sisters in the faith, or our friends and family – when they are in need. If we can help them out in some way, we need to be willing to do so. As God blesses us, we in-turn should bless others. Freely we have received, so freely we should give. Faith and actions work together. There is a saying that goes ‘actions speak louder than words’. This is so true. We can speak all the right words, but it means nothing if we don’t back it up with actions. Let our lifestyles show our faith.

© By M.S.Lowndes

If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3: 17-18

Help me Lord to show my faith
In everything I do
I don’t just want to speak my faith
But show it by actions too.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Does God Hear?

Read: Exodus 6: 1-13

Yes indeed, God does hear. We see in this chapter that God was calling Moses to go to Pharaoh to let His people go. He heard the groans of the Israelites. It was now the time to act and deliver them out of the hands of the Egyptians. More than often, God does not come to our aid straight away. Sometimes He seems to delay in responding. But even though this seems to be happening, it’s not that He hasn’t heard our prayers, it’s just that He is developing in us patience and trust in Him no matter how bad it gets. God will always come through in the end, if we don’t give up. But just like the Israelites, when God does come through, we often don’t recognize or hear Him speaking to us, because of our deep anguish. It took a while for Pharaoh to let God’s people go – but he did in the end. We need to be persistent, and not give up. God hears our cries for help. He hears every prayer we pray. He knows before we say anything what’s in our hearts. So keep on praying and know that God is listening.

© By M.S.Lowndes

In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From His temple He heard my voice; my cry came before Him, into his ears. - Psalm 18: 6

Lord help me know you hear
When I pray to you
Even though you may delay
You will one day come through.

© By M.S.Lowndes

God bless,

Godbe4me

Obedience To God's Ways

Read: 2 Kings 5: 9-14

This sounds like a strange thing for God to tell someone to do. Why couldn’t Elisha just pray and ask God to heal Him? Why did he need to go down to the Jordan and dip seven times in it? Could it be that God wanted to do much more in Naaman’s life than just heal his leprosy? Naaman may have felt embarrassed to do that –especially dipping in the dirty Jordan River. God always has a reason for speaking to us the way He does. He knows what’s in the heart. His ways are much higher than ours. Our natural selves say one thing, but God says another, like love your enemies, bless those who persecute you, turn the other cheek etc…It often goes against what we would naturally do. We often find ourselves in situations where we need to react against what we feel in the natural to do. And that can be really hard. So often we go along with how we feel, not with what God says to do in His word. We need God’s help daily, so we can do what He says and not what we feel.

© By M.S.Lowndes

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. - Isaiah 55: 8-9

Help me Lord to respond
The way you ask me to
Even though it may seem strange
Help me be obedient to you.

God bless,

Godbe4me

For God So Loved

[SIZE=+1]Read: John 3: 15-18[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life”.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]Do you believe that?[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]God loves the whole wide world. All people everywhere. No matter where you come from, or what colour skin you have – God Loves You![/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]If we believe in Jesus, and ask Him into our hearts, to live with us forever, we will receive eternal life. So when we die, we will go to heaven and be with Jesus forever.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]He loves you and He loves me.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]Have you asked Jesus into your heart?[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]Do you want to ask Jesus into your heart?[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]If you do, here is a prayer you can pray to ask Jesus into your heart.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]Dear Jesus[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Thank you that you love me, and want to come into my heart. I am sorry for the bad things I have done. I ask you to come into my heart, and live with me forever. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. Thank you. Amen.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]© By M.S.Lowndes[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]​

We love because He first loved us. - 1 John 4: 19.

Thank you Jesus for your love

That you have given me
Help me Lord to show your love
So others will come to see.

God bless,

Godbe4me

[/SIZE]

Willing To Share

Read: John 6: 1-13

Just like the boy in this story, how he was willing to share his lunch, are you willing to share your things with others? Are there times when you should share with your brother or sister or a friend? It’s really good to share your things with others so they too can enjoy them and even be blessed by it, as the people were that fed on the boy’s lunch. It pleases God when we share our toys, or food, or whatever we may have that someone else can have enjoyment with. After all, everything we have has been given to us from God. He has shared all good things with us, so we should share them with others. That way we can all experience the blessing of the Lord.

So, are you willing to share today?

© By M.S.Lowndes

This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.
- 2 Corinthians 9: 12-13

It’s often hard for me to share
With others when we play
I ask you Lord to help me to
Be able to share today.

God's Wisdom

[SIZE=+1]

Read: Proverbs 4: 1-13

There is nothing in all the world of more value than godly wisdom. It is more precious to have than all the riches in the world. Godly wisdom has eternal value – the riches of the world are soon gone. It is good, and needful, to have an education. But of more value and benefit is to pursue godly wisdom for your life. You will never go wrong if you have God’s wisdom guiding your every step. Once you have God’s wisdom – never let it go! Just ask God each day to fill you with His wisdom. Especially when you are faced with things that you are unsure of what to do. He will give you His wisdom. He longs for us to pursue Him and His qualities rather than what the world has to offer. God will lead and guide you in His ways – as you daily seek after Him.

© By M.S.Lowndes

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever. - Psalm 111: 10(NKJV)

I pray for your wisdom Lord
As my guide along the way
Let wisdom lead me into truth
As I walk with you each day.

God bless,

Godbe4me

[/SIZE]

Forgiving Others

[SIZE=+1]

Read: Matthew 18: 21-35

This story is an illustration of how God has forgiven us when we asked Him to – and also how we need to have the same forgiving heart, and forgive others. It can be real hard at times to forgive. Especially when the person keeps doing the same thing over and over. It’s even harder to forgive when the person hasn’t asked us or even recognized that they have hurt us. Even in these situations we need to forgive and let it go. Forgiveness is the key to healing and peace. We have peace in our hearts when we know we have forgiven. We can move on and continue in our walk with God. Often if we haven’t forgiven, it can cause us to stumble and not be at peace with God.

Is there someone you need to forgive today? Why not just pray to God, and forgive that person?

Here is a prayer you might like to pray. You can put the person’s name in it.

Lord Jesus,
I’m sorry I haven’t forgiven….. I forgive them now and ask that you surround them with your love. Help me to see them through your eyes. I pray for your love in my heart toward them. In Jesus name. Amen.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. - Colossians 3:13(NKJV)

Lord help me to always forgive
No matter what others do
Don’t let me hold on to bitterness
But to give it up to you.

God bless,

Godbe4me

[/SIZE]

Choose What's Right

[SIZE=+1]Read: Daniel 3: 14-30[/SIZE]​

This is a well-known story, showing how we should always choose to do what’s right – even if it costs us something. King Nebuchadnezzar had made an image of gold, and had an order given for the people to bow down to this image when they heard the music, and worship it. Three men named Shadrach, Meshach and Abedenego, who the king put in charge over the affairs of Babylon, would not bow down to it. They chose to do what was right. They would only serve and worship God Almighty, even though they could have been killed for it. Are we too willing to serve and worship the Lord only – no matter what the cost? We are daily faced with choices – to do what others want or what we know the Lord wants. It may cost us to choose what the Lord wants, but it is the right choice. We may get laughed at or put down – but we can’t let what others think stop us from doing what we know is the right thing to do. It makes God happy when we choose Him and His ways over what the world says. He will strengthen you as you choose what’s right.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold. - Proverbs 8: 10

Lord I need your help each day

With the choices that I make
Help me choose what’s right to do
No matter what it takes.

God bless,

Godbe4me
[SIZE=+1]

[/SIZE]

Loving God's Way

[SIZE=+1]Read: 1 Corinthians 13: 1-8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]God’s love is so different from our love. We often don’t feel love or express love. God always feels love toward us – for He is love. His love is unconditional, which means, He will always love despite what we do or say. God can never stop loving us. It’s in His very nature to love. Even when we say and do wrong things, He still keeps on loving us. We need to build God’s love into our lives, so we may love as He does. Let God fill you with His love. Ask Him to help you love people and see them through His eyes. As we continue to walk with Jesus, and choose to respond with love, the more God’s love grows in us. So choose today to love God’s way.

[SIZE=+1]© By M.S.Lowndes[/SIZE]

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4: 16 (NIV)

Lord I pray you’ll grow in me
The love that belongs to you
So I can show the whole wide world
That your love is for them too.

God bless,

Godbe4me

[/SIZE]

Growing In God

Read: Luke 2: 41-52

And Jesus matured, growing up in both body and spirit, blessed by both God and people. (V: 52)

Jesus was growing in God. Even at the age of 12, He was beyond His years. They were all amazed and marvelled at Jesus’ understanding of the things of God. By His reply in V: 49, He already knew who His Father was, though Mary & Joseph did not understand what He meant about being in His Father's House, and tending to His Father's business. We too need to be attending to our Father God’s business in order to really grow into Jesus likeness. As we keep in God’s word and prayer, going to church & Sunday school, we grow in God. We have a daily relationship with God, just like we do with our Parents, sisters/brothers, or friends. We cannot get to know family or friends if we don’t spend time with them and listening to them. It is the same with God. We need to spend time with Him to get to know Him – and by getting to know God we grow closer to Him, and grow as a Christian.

So, why not today, spend time with your best
friend – Jesus!

© By M.S.Lowndes

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green. - Psalm 92: 12-14

I pray you'll help me grow each day
In your likeness more and more
For when I spend more time with you
I'll become like you my Lord.

God bless,
Godbe4me

God's Peace

Read: John 14: 27-31

It was nearing the end of Jesus life on earth. He was talking with His disciples to prepare them for what was ahead. They would face turmoil and tribulations – but He comforts them by letting them know that He would leave His peace with them. God’s peace is not like what the world has to offer. We can know the peace of God despite what is going on in our lives. Even when we are in life’s storms, we can know God’s peace. We can have that assurance that Jesus is with us always. He will never leave us, nor forsake us. He holds our hand and walks with us through whatever we maybe facing. So if you are going through a rough time right now, know that Jesus is with you – even right now- and He is walking with you by your side. He will give you His peace, as you continue to call out to Him. May you know God’s peace today and every day.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4: 6-7

No matter what I may go through Lord
The raging storms of life
I pray I’d know the peace of God
That comes from Jesus Christ.

God bless,

Godbe4me

When We Face Temptation

Read: Luke 4: 1-14

Like Jesus in this story, we too are faced with temptation. It is always Satan, our enemy that brings temptation to us. God will never tempt anyone.

How do we handle temptation? What do we do? Often we can give in to how we feel, even thinking it’s not that bad. Sometimes temptation to do what’s wrong comes disguised as something that seems alright. Looking at it on the surface often doesn’t look too bad. And after all, ‘everybody’s doing it’. But don’t be fooled. Satan has a way of disguising it. We need to follow Jesus’ example. How did He respond to Satan’s attacks? Each time Jesus answered Satan, He answered with scripture – ‘It is written….’ We need to know what the word of God says. The other thing to remember is that Satan also knows scripture – but often it is used in the wrong way.

Is there anything you find you get tempted with? Maybe you feel tempted to lie so you don’t get in trouble, or take something you want that is not yours, or say mean things to someone because they may have said mean things to you. There are so many things Satan tempts us to do that we shouldn’t do. When you feel tempted, the best thing to do is to pray to Jesus to help you. He knows how you feel, because He was tempted too.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Stay alert; be in prayer so you don't wander into temptation without even knowing you're in danger. There is a part of you that is eager, ready for anything in God. But there's another part that's as lazy as an old dog sleeping by the fire.
- Matthew 26: 41(Message)

Lord I pray you’ll help me through
The temptation that I face
To know the truths in your word
And to walk in your sweet grace.

God bless,

Godbe4me

When Others Tease Me

Read: Matthew 27: 27-31

What do we do when others tease us? Jesus knows exactly how it feels. Look at what the governor’s soldiers did to Him. They made fun of Him, spat on Him and hit Him. Jesus, though, did not respond to them. He didn’t answer them back or hit them back. He knew the truth about who He was and what His Father (God) thought of Him. He would have felt embarrassed and hurt by what the soldiers were saying and doing to Him – but He would have also felt sorry for them because He knew they didn’t know what they were doing. People often say or do mean things to us, because they don’t understand how it hurts. They also don’t know or believe in God, so they make fun of what they don’t understand. When others do this to us, we need to remind ourselves what God thinks of us. Talk it over with Jesus and with your parents to help you remember the truth about who you are – because God thinks you’re ‘AWESOME’.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Ephesians 4:29

Lord it hurts when I get teased
When others call me names
Help me Lord to know the truth
And to not respond the same

God bless,
Godbe4me

Wisdom Gained – Brings Change

[SIZE=+1]

Read: Psalm 119: 97-105

As we learn God’s Word – reading, meditating and thinking of God’s word – we gain great understanding. It also keeps us on the right path – so we don’t stray. We gain knowledge and understanding, not only of spiritual things, but also of things that are happening in our world. We gain insight into the reasons they happen. Of course we won’t have all the answers to every question raised, but the insight we gain is something that you cannot learn or get from the world. It is from God. One important thing to remember according to this passage is that it’s good to read and meditate on scripture, but we need to apply it to our lives each day. We need to be ‘living by God’s word’ not just speaking God’s word. Knowing God’s word and living our lives by His word, gives greater understanding, greater insight and greater wisdom from God. The wisdom gained from His word brings about change – a change within us that can have a greater impact on the world in which we live.

© By M.S.Lowndes

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law
- Psalm 119: 18

Let God’s word light your way
And guide your every step
As you meditate upon God's word
His word you’ll not forget

God bless,

Godbe4me

[/SIZE]

Back