Christ is our commander!

Christ is our commander!

Isaiah 55:4) Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

Christ is a commander

The authority of Christ

Philippians 2

9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And shall we not listen to him and prosper?

Matthew 7:

24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

The Lord Jesus is not someone who just sits there with His hand lifted up saying, aw come on, please listen to me. No, but rather with authority He is our commander, He is our Shepherd who leads us and we shall follow. Christ has all things under His power,

John 1:

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And without Him, what would exist, for all things were created in Him, for Him, and by Him.

Man by His breath

Genesis 2:7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Our Lord, our Savior, our God with all power and might, who will come again in great terror upon the ungodly who will cry unto the rocks, (Revelation 6:16) “Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb

Christ is loving

Psalm 23:

1) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3) He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

To the point of death which he died for us

Romans 5:8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And shall we not view our King as a commander? This is something that we have lost sight of in today’s world. People think that we can live in whatever fashion we want just because we confess the name Jesus. But that is not what the Lord Jesus said

John 14:15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Now does this mean perfect precision and militant to the very breath spotless perfection, no, simply no. BUT does this mean that we can have leniency in our lives toward sin? Certainly Not!

1 Corinthians 10:23) All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

There are things in this world that we as Christians just should be separate from. Am I saying fly to an Island somewhere and be completely isolated from society, certainly not. But certainly, (2 Timothy 2:19) “Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” again (Romans 6:1-2) “What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” Now we have heard these before and doesn’t it make sense?

(NASB) Hebrews 12:14) Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord.

In our lives should be the manifestation of Christ. Now by faith, His spirit dwells in our heart. We are His and He is ours. Christ owns us.

Matthew 5:6) Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

In order to thirst after righteousness shouldn’t we hate that which is evil. To continue to be following the same path as the world, it cannot be with us.

Ephesians 2

1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

In Ephesians 2:1-3, it describes us before our conversion, before our liberation through the blood of Christ.

And by all means, we are called to (Amos 5:15) “Hate the evil, and love the good

In a world with corruption, we are called to be separate as part of the greater body, the body of Christ. She mourns, she weeps, and she has remorse over her sin. With a world ready to be on the brink of collapsing, with morality at an all time low, with relativism at large. We must by the grace of God stay focused. Christ said

Luke 14:26) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Now by hate, meaning to like or more specifically to love less, Christ was saying that none can come before Him in our lives. Are we liberated unto the world to live unto it or are we liberated by Christ Jesus who gave his life for us all!? The psalmist says (Psalm 25:15) “Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD” and that is how it should be with us. It is better to have God at the helm of our lives then for us to every lay hold on that that wheel so we can mislead our path. It is better that we say, Lord, my God, order my steps in this world, then for us to try placing our own feet. It is better that we let God burn with luminosity like he was for the children of Israel, being (Exodus 13:21) “by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night”, guide us, showing us the way, then for us to get lost in this strange land which is foreign unto us, considering we are but pilgrims and strangers on this earth, seeing that (2 Peter 3:13) “we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.” So this I say, (Psalm 105:4) “Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.” Continually renewing ourselves by not only hearing the word, but also work to apply it to our lives prayerfully asking for God to direct our path and keep it straight in the midst of a crooked and perverse world.

Thank you, Thank you Jesus for the blessings you bestow upon us everyday. I needed that..... Thank you so much......

Godbe4me

Back