Christ Operating in the Godhead.

Christ Operating in the Godhead.

The next topic, I believe in relation to Christ & eschatology is the Divine Procession – how the Godhead operates. This I see will eventually lead to what they are doing & when that will happen. I`m interested in your thoughts. Here are mine –

We know that Jesus is part of the Godhead – Father, Son & Holy Spirit.

Jesus is Equal with the Father –
“For as the Father raises the dead & gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.” (John 5: 21)

Jesus has Unity with the Father –
“I and my Father are one.” (John 10: 30)

Jesus is of One Mind with the Father.
“....the word which you hear is not mine but the Father`s who sent me.` (John 14: 24)

Jesus is the Son of God & has intuitive insight & personal apprehension of the Father such as no one else possesses, which indicates His unity in Godhead. Only Deity can reveal Deity, only God can express Godhead, & only sonship can manifest fatherhood, because the very soul of sonship is likeness of will.

This is the basis of our belief in the Lord. However to properly understand eschatology we also need to know how the Godhead functions, how they operate. This is what I believe -

The Divine Procession.

The Godhead - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

The Father - with the initial movement of the Father;
The Son - the administration of the Son;
The Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

We may not have thought on this topic before but it is well worth the effort as it brings greater clarity, I believe, to what God is doing & how He will fulfill His purposes.

What are your thoughts?
What scriptures show the individual operation by the Godhead members?

Here are some of my thoughts -

The Godhead operating in Creating all things.

The Father – initial movement.
`Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness,…` (Gen. 1: 25)

The Son – administration.
`God….has….spoken to us by His Son,…through whom He made the worlds.` (Heb. 1: 3)

The Holy Spirit – direct agency.
`The Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.` (Gen. 1: 2)

The Godhead operating in Redemption.

`For God (the Father)so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,….` (John 3: 16)

`…I lay down my life for the sheep.` (John 10: 15)

`…how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God,…` (Heb. 9: 14)

God the Father sets the purpose, reason for all things.

John 5:30.. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

God the Father "works" through his Body which is his Word, Jesus Christ.

Col 2:9.. For in him (Jesus Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

It was God the Father who was reconciling the world unto himself through his body Jesus Christ.

John 14:10.. Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

2Co 5:19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

The Holy Spirit gives life to what the Father, and Son does.

2Co 3:6.. who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Hi @CCW95A ,

Some good thoughts there, bro. I`ll just add -

`For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself.` (John 5: 26)

The Godhead operating in building the Body of Christ.

`And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.` (Rom. 8: 28)

`…holding fast to the head, from whom all the body, nourished & knit together by joints & ligaments grows with the increase which is from God.` (Col. 2: 19)

`For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body…` (1 Cor. 12: 13)

The Godhead operating in Judgment.

`God…..He will avenge the blood of His servants, & render vengeance to His adversaries; He will provide atonement for His land & His people.` (Deut. 32: 43)

`For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,…& has given Him (Jesus) authority to execute judgment…` (John 5: 22 & 27)

`And when He (the Holy Spirit) has come, He will convict the world of sin, & of righteousness, & of judgment:….of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.` (John 16: 8 & 11)

Back