Christian Book Reviews Site

Christian Book Reviews Site

I have just launched a new site, ireviewchristianbooks.com with Christian book reviews. I'm looking for people who would like to write book reviews for the site, and also for Christian authors who have books or e-books that they would like to have reviewed. Could you please pass this on to anyone you think may be interested.

blessings,

Lynn

Hi revlynn
I opened your site this morning, but didn’t get a chance to look at it. I just put my computer in hibernation and now that I’m home I was going to take a look at it.
Something is funny about that site. Maybe not serious, but when I clicked on the tab at the bottom, (I have a few windows open, one document and e-sword), your site flashes quickly and then goes behind everything else. It’s really odd. I’ve never seen that happen before. Since it’s a new site, you might have a few bugs to work out. I had to minimize everything else before I could look at it. Very strange.

Just thought you would want to know.
Has that happened to anyone else who has looked at it?

Thanks for letting me know - I have no idea why it is doing this, but I'll see if I can figure it out.

blessings,

Lynn

Same here.

The page starts to load and then....."BLIP"
Once I minimize everything else I can see the page just fine. :)

But with me, that's usually 6 web sites, 3 or 4 Word docs, Outlook and a few miscellaneous applications! :eek:

EDITED TO ADD: Hey! This is a GREAT Web site! I'm not going to let one little glitch slow me down in there! Just FYI, I'm not sure what is causing the issue, but my browser (IE 7.0) is treating each page as if it were a pop-up. I don't know what would cause that, but the information might be helpful in addressing the issue.

Same here.

The page starts to load and then....."BLIP"
Once I minimize everything else I can see the page just fine. :)

But with me, that's usually 6 web sites, 3 or 4 Word docs, Outlook and a few miscellaneous applications! :eek:

That is some serious multi tasking.
That would make you the multi taskmaster. :D

That is some serious multi tasking.
That would make you the multi taskmaster.
biggrin.gif

NAH!
It just makes people think I'm REALLY busy when they come into my office. :cool:

Touche ....and there is a little accent over it but I don't know how to put it . Not too computer savy.

You’re right.
I was looking around.
It looks like the bug is just in the home page.
All the others stay on top.
That should narrow it down a little.

Thanks guys,

I've just had a look and I think it relates to the pop-up on the first page. Everything else (except for the ad scripts) I wrote myself, and my html/css/php is pretty basic so I can't see that it would be a problem. But I noticed that the first page of my personal site (which has the same pop-up script) does the same thing. I'll see if I can fix the pop-up script, or find another one.

blessings,

Lynn

OK, I think I have it beaten. If anyone can tell me how to make the new pop-up apper just ONCE for each visitor, that would be great. :)

blessings,

Lynn

Back