Christian camp rented to a Musim group.

My grandson worked at a summer camp owned be the United Methodist Church this year. The last week the camp was rented out to a group called Young Muslims. It was a camp for males 14-25. I have a problem with this. Our my feelings valid?

My grandson worked at a summer camp owned be the United Methodist Church this year. The last week the camp was rented out to a group called Young Muslims. It was a camp for males 14-25. I have a problem with this. Our my feelings valid?

Hello Jennifer and welcome to CFS.
Here are a couple of links to help you get started

Post a welcome here
http://www.christianforumsite.com/forums/welcomes/

View our welcome pack here.
http://www.christianforumsite.com/categories/your-welcome-pack.104/

This will help others get to know you and also allows you to get familiar with the forum policies and procedures.

Blessings
FCJ

Hello again Jennifer
Yes that can be a tough one these days and I have to do a heart attitude check a lot around here (My area of the world - big college town)

In my heart we must walk in love towards All but I don't believe that means we should offer up our homes and churches to have other God's worshipped.

To be truthful I won't even trust my heart on this one but rather seek God in this for His thoughts.

Blessings and Welcome
FCJ

This is a difficult question. On one hand we could be helping the young Muslims further down the wrong path. Kind of like a Christian stamp on their session. On the other, it could be a smart way to reach them.

Are the staff there Christians / effective witnesses?

This is a difficult question. On one hand we could be helping the young Muslims further down the wrong path. Kind of like a Christian stamp on their session. On the other, it could be a smart way to reach them.

Are the staff there Christians / effective witnesses?
I agree with you. :)

Hi Jennifer,
I believe your feelings are valid..............they are your feelings.
But if you would rephrase your question and ask 'is my attitude Godly?' I'd have to say no.
We pray 'Our Father.......this and that' OK so what do you see you 'Father' doing for these Muslim people? Does He feed them, shelter them, clothe them?

We need to be doing what we see our Father doing.
Well that is my $25 worth.

Hi Jennifer,
I believe your feelings are valid..............they are your feelings.
But if you would rephrase your question and ask 'is my attitude Godly?' I'd have to say no.
We pray 'Our Father.......this and that' OK so what do you see you 'Father' doing for these Muslim people? Does He feed them, shelter them, clothe them?

We need to be doing what we see our Father doing.
Well that is my $25 worth.
I feel that your concerns are valid. While I agree with the first reply we must also be vigilant as the enemy of our souls ever seeks a way to ensnare and deceive us. IMO we are placed in most difficult positions as Christians, discrimination is an easy trap to fall into. Yep, much ongoing prayer is needed!

Thank you for your feedback,I do appreciate it. The staff there is Christian, but I don't know how personally they interact with this group. I can't make my heart and mind think that it is ok to open up a Christian camp .......whose sole purpose has been bringing people to Jesus Christ.... For another group there to worship an unworthy God.

Thank you for your feedback,I do appreciate it. The staff there is Christian, but I don't know how personally they interact with this group. I can't make my heart and mind think that it is ok to open up a Christian camp .......whose sole purpose has been bringing people to Jesus Christ.... For another group there to worship an unworthy God.
Hi @Jennifer1977
That's what I mean. To open up Our Churches the house of God the place we worship thee one true God or our homes for others to worship anything other then the great I am is wrong in my heart.

You shall have No Other God's Before Me. Exodus 20:3

Now if they were seeking truth and Jesus then so be it.

But to allow people to worship other so called God's in something that belongs to God so as to make a buck is so wrong.

The only thing I want to remind you is that we are called to walk in Love and Forgiveness. That actually is a command to us.

So please watch over your heart and please do not allow any ought in your heart. This keeps you in the favor of God and keeps our enemy the devil out.

Blessings
FCJ

Some things that come to mind :
1Co 3:16 Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?
personally, I doubt that buildings made by the hand of man have much sway with the Lord...but that is me.
It would be unlikely that the Muslims would remove any/all posters placed on the walls by Christians so, maybe there is opportunity to plant gospel seeds there.
One thing is for sure, exclude the Muslims from that camp and there will be no opportunity to sow those gospel seeds.
Just me thinking out loud.
Well Jennifer, you have a lot to think and pray about, and I'm sure you will be spirit led in all this, so blessings be yours

One thing is for sure, exclude the Muslims from that camp and there will be no opportunity to sow those gospel seeds.
To me it doesn't sound like it is about the Muslims. God is testing the church here imho. Turning the Muslims down sends a message / sows a seed.

If there is no concerted effort to reach them. It should be a clear no. These Muslims are not on vacation :).

To me it doesn't sound like it is about the Muslims. God is testing the church here imho. Turning the Muslims down sends a message / sows a seed.

If there is no concerted effort to reach them. It should be a clear no. These Muslims are not on vacation :).
Can you be a little more clear KingJ?
What is being tested? Willingness to reach out or close mindedness to the outside world?
Which seed are you referring to? Gospel seed or other.
I agree with you that they are not on vacation, they would be on a learning retreat of some kind.;)

Can you be a little more clear KingJ?
1. What is being tested? Willingness to reach out or close mindedness to the outside world?
2. Which seed are you referring to? Gospel seed or other.
I agree with you that they are not on vacation, they would be on a learning retreat of some kind.;)
1. Love of money? Love of scripture VS liberalism / all roads lead to Rome as many churches are going.
2. Gospel. But kind of tough love. Prov 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. A fellow God fearing person refusing such should make one wonder.

9) Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10) If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed.
II John 9-10

IMHO, Jennifer you have just show a true and loyal heart to Christ Jesus. For by allowing the muslims, to use their camp they have become partaker of their deeds:
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
II John 11

What's the United Methodist Church's explanation?

I have written to the Bishop, the head of the UMC in Indiana, director of outdoor ministries, and our local district supt. So far all I have heard back from is our local district. He said he knew nothing about this, but he would look into it. I will follow up with him if I don't hear anything.

Greetings:

After I feed infidels at the soup kitchen,I clean up.After they have a snack at my house:cup,dish, utensils..go out the window.

bye

Back