Christian Mysticism and Its Pitfalls and Origins

Feb 4, 2021
Oklahoma City
Justin Peters did a great presentation of this phenomenon that is becoming more and more prominent in the lives of more and more professing believers. This is worthwhile for reflection and to take warning:

thats a shocking video MM,

So basically, the mystisym branch are saying we can't know facts about God.

So when the bible says `Jesus is the light of the world', they have just to feel it. maybe then, they feel light(as in light as a feather>?)

I honestly didn't quite know what mysticism meant, so thanks for clearing that up MM

thats a shocking video MM,

So basically, the mystisym branch are saying we can't know facts about God.

So when the bible says `Jesus is the light of the world', they have just to feel it. maybe then, they feel light(as in light as a feather>?)

I honestly didn't quite know what mysticism meant, so thanks for clearing that up MM

Yes indeed, Via. As with anything else in the world of thought and belief, mysticism is one of many rudiments of worldliness that creeps into the thinking of professing believers the world over. I once read a book written by Jeanne Guyon was an early French Mystic who was among the last of the people imprisoned in the infamous Bastille prison before it was closed. In her writings, and in the many outplays of modern Charismaticism, we can see elements of Eastern Mysticism influences throughout. Mysticism is an insidious corruption of the solidity in biblical doctrine and practice that should define all professing believers.

So, when I see videos of people wallowing around on the floor, barking like dogs and grunting and convulsing like an animal, coupled with the claim that they are being animated by Holy Spirit in such manifestations, I'm left with having to call it all out onto the carpet of truth in order to give rug burns where it must be applied.

It's hard to see preachers claiming equality with the Father. Perhaps they are equal with the god they believe in , but they CERTAINLY are not equal with the God we see portrayed within the Bible.

It's good to provide subjects such as this that help to clarify and solidify TRUTH in the minds of others for better understanding and strengthening in the TRUE faith.

Blessings to you and yours.

MM

• Smile
Reactions: Via dolarossa