Christian Society

Just inspired to make comment today. American politics has generated a lot of bullying, hate, and racism recently. So many "Evangelical Christians" are participating it. No matter what party we like, this IS NOT OF GOD. I know a pastor's main job is to preach and teach the gospel, but why is this mind set and behavior not denounced by the Church on the regular?

And I don't mean only after a George Floyd incident. Why isn't this a sermon a couple of times a year? People need to hear it from the Pulpit....If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, hate and racism have no place in your life. THEY ARE SINS. In this last year I have heard this message more from Europeans/Anglicans/Eastern Orthodox than I have from American pastors.

And for those evangelical churches that do not condemn these sins, why are not the rest of the Christian America calling them out. Schism is a sin, but worse sin to tolerate this ideology.

Hello Hollyjoy;

You ask a sad question but it has to be asked. At Christian Forum Site we have a handful of ordained pastors who can answer this challenging question and from different angles, and hope they can join in this serious dilemma.

Truth is, many pastors are teaching and refuting the disposition of Christians and their stand in the wake of American politics in our current times.

But at the same time, many pastors are not teaching the moral and emotional breakdown of our politics in America according to Scriptures, instead there are ulterior reasons - fear of losing members, offerings go down, or the insecurity of preaching their "personal opinion" instead of "preaching the Truth."

Most pastors graduate from seminary and receive their ordination and maintain excellent Theological academics. They just never developed people skills needed and not taught enough at their school.

Remember, Jesus was a Master at establishing common ground and relating to others - reference John 4 and the Samaritan women (a political outcast during the NT times.)

The results, either way, has seen a 43% drop of pastors that have stepped down, or quit the ministry around the United States. Churches are in great need of a new core of ministers to fill the pulpits, teach, preach and oversee the governance of the church.

To get back on point with your profound concern, there is no room for "sugar coating" the message and teaching our Christian churches, especially in these troubling times!

My suggestion to all pastors is this. Get yourself about 1 - 3 or more mentors who are "seasoned" ministers. Allow yourself to be accountable weekly for encouragement, correction, prayerfully develop people skills, and a continued lifetime training.

2 Timothy 3:16-17, 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Please note I'm addressing the Christian church as a whole and not singling out any denomination or individual. Please be prayerful of the forum rules 3.1 - 3.2c before any of us engage in this topic for the purpose of uplifting God's church and our pastors.

God bless you, Hollyjoy and your family.

Hello Hollyjoy;

You ask a sad question but it has to be asked. At Christian Forum Site we have a handful of ordained pastors who can answer this challenging question and from different angles, and hope they can join in this serious dilemma.

Truth is, many pastors are teaching and refuting the disposition of Christians and their stand in the wake of American politics in our current times.

But at the same time, many pastors are not teaching the moral and emotional breakdown of our politics in America according to Scriptures, instead there are ulterior reasons - fear of losing members, offerings go down, or the insecurity of preaching their "personal opinion" instead of "preaching the Truth."

Most pastors graduate from seminary and receive their ordination and maintain excellent Theological academics. They just never developed people skills needed and not taught enough at their school.

Remember, Jesus was a Master at establishing common ground and relating to others - reference John 4 and the Samaritan women (a political outcast during the NT times.)

The results, either way, has seen a 43% drop of pastors that have stepped down, or quit the ministry around the United States. Churches are in great need of a new core of ministers to fill the pulpits, teach, preach and oversee the governance of the church.

To get back on point with your profound concern, there is no room for "sugar coating" the message and teaching our Christian churches, especially in these troubling times!

My suggestion to all pastors is this. Get yourself about 1 - 3 or more mentors who are "seasoned" ministers. Allow yourself to be accountable weekly for encouragement, correction, prayerfully develop people skills, and a continued lifetime training.

2 Timothy 3:16-17, 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Please note I'm addressing the Christian church as a whole and not singling out any denomination or individual. Please be prayerful of the forum rules 3.1 - 3.2c before any of us engage in this topic for the purpose of uplifting God's church and our pastors.

God bless you, Hollyjoy and your family.
Excellent answer. You make a good point that a pastor walks a line in all areas. The Church wants to build membership and sometimes they prefer to be "Popular" rather than "Truthful". They prefer to hear Prosperity preaching, or feel good preaching. They don't want to hear the truth about sin, hellfire and damnation as we used to say in the South.

Always felt blessed to find a Church with a Pastor who had good people skills, but did not shy away from preaching the truth.

I'm not a pastor, but I'm sure that it would be challenging.

I'm not even sure what is required to be a pastor. The requirements are probably even different depending on denomination and perhaps local church requirements.

Churches also seem to have there own flavor as well. They are a mix of people that vary from one church to another. I've been in very warm and inviting churches and churches that are more standoffish.

So I suspect the challenges vary from one church to the next.

cp

Human nature interferes with God's original design and Satan wants to drive a wedge between us and God. Nothing has changed since the Garden of Eden because what Satan does hasn't changed because of its effectiveness. We aren't creating the narrative though, the enemy is. Racism and hatred are elements of evil but the bigger goal is to create division. I think of Daniel a lot these days. Although he was captured and forced to serve a king from a country far from his home country he did it well and didn't fight off his enemy in word and deed. He submitted to government, to those who hated him, and most importantly God. He was treated unfairly and he, nor Shadrach, Meshach, or Abednego, ever defended themselves against tyranny or idolatry - they just did the right thing all time. Satan wants us to get caught up in the narrative and destroy our testimony by making us Republican or Democrat Christians when all God wants is people who do what he says.

Human nature interferes with God's original design and Satan wants to drive a wedge between us and God. Nothing has changed since the Garden of Eden because what Satan does hasn't changed because of its effectiveness. We aren't creating the narrative though, the enemy is. Racism and hatred are elements of evil but the bigger goal is to create division. I think of Daniel a lot these days. Although he was captured and forced to serve a king from a country far from his home country he did it well and didn't fight off his enemy in word and deed. He submitted to government, to those who hated him, and most importantly God. He was treated unfairly and he, nor Shadrach, Meshach, or Abednego, ever defended themselves against tyranny or idolatry - they just did the right thing all time. Satan wants us to get caught up in the narrative and destroy our testimony by making us Republican or Democrat Christians when all God wants is people who do what he says.
Yes that is the first wedge you notice.........."Dems/Republicans, Liberals/Conservatives, This denomination or that one. God did NOT say love your ( Dem/GOP, Liberal/Conservative) neighbor. He said Love Your Neighbor. I guess that is where we start; praying for God to raise up the pastors and then the laity/people to follow.

Yes that is the first wedge you notice.........."Dems/Republicans, Liberals/Conservatives, This denomination or that one. God did NOT say love your ( Dem/GOP, Liberal/Conservative) neighbor. He said Love Your Neighbor. I guess that is where we start; praying for God to raise up the pastors and then the laity/people to follow.
Yes, to be effective in testimony we just always do what God says to do and he tells us to submit to government. We have had Republican and Democrat politicians back and forth since the inception of the Republic experiment and we always manage to persevere and continue anew. No other country has been able to sustain a government like our because their focus is on politics instead of the people. America will eventually fall, we have to in order for the Anti-Christ to take control. But what makes America fall is simply millions of Christians suddenly vanish. God is in control and honestly I don't believe all the talk about this side is racist or that side is racist it's just a means to an end. I a Republican and voted for Trump twice but I don't care about race. I vote for the one who loves Israel and will put money back into the pockets of those who do the hiring. Race has nothing to do with it and of all the people I know I don't any racist people. White and black people just want to live their lives. Communism wants us to think about politics all the time but God wants us to think of Him all the time.

Technical Statement to clarify:

The primary reason for almost all members of the clergy (based in the United States) to stay away from all political issues is because under United States Tax Code, section 501 ( C ) ( 3 ) as amended in 1954, non profit organizations such as Foundations, Churches and Charitable Organizations are PROHIBITED from openly endorsing or opposing political candidates or their platforms. Violation of this Statute can result in Federal prosecution and the loss of the non-profit status.

The Internal Revenue Service statement concerning the law can be found in the link below:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/charities-churches-and-politics

- - -

Technical Statement to clarify:

The primary reason for almost all members of the clergy (based in the United States) to stay away from all political issues is because under United States Tax Code, section 501 ( C ) ( 3 ) as amended in 1954, non profit organizations such as Foundations, Churches and Charitable Organizations are PROHIBITED from openly endorsing or opposing political candidates or their platforms. Violation of this Statute can result in Federal prosecution and the loss of the non-profit status.

The Internal Revenue Service statement concerning the law can be found in the link below:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/charities-churches-and-politics

- - -

Always wondered about that statute. I do not wish to violate the rules by being critical of a certain group. But will say that there is a prominent Christian leader who has used social media to advocate for the GOP/Trump nearly every day. I always wondered how that group maintained their 501C status.

Yes, to be effective in testimony we just always do what God says to do and he tells us to submit to government. We have had Republican and Democrat politicians back and forth since the inception of the Republic experiment and we always manage to persevere and continue anew. No other country has been able to sustain a government like our because their focus is on politics instead of the people. America will eventually fall, we have to in order for the Anti-Christ to take control. But what makes America fall is simply millions of Christians suddenly vanish. God is in control and honestly I don't believe all the talk about this side is racist or that side is racist it's just a means to an end. I a Republican and voted for Trump twice but I don't care about race. I vote for the one who loves Israel and will put money back into the pockets of those who do the hiring. Race has nothing to do with it and of all the people I know I don't any racist people. White and black people just want to live their lives. Communism wants us to think about politics all the time but God wants us to think of Him all the time.
I know there are many folks of all persuasions who are not racists. What inspired my comment was the fact that most of the prominent rioters and speakers have very visible signs of racism: Confederate flags, Camp Auschwitz/Staff member T shirts, 6MWE T shirts (6 million wasn't enough). Yet these maggots are still supported by many "Christians" in certain political circles. It is not a matter of obsessing on politics, it is a matter of calling out sin where we see it. That also means not supporting any party or any "Christians" who do not call it what it is. End times and America will fall eventually. But until that point we are here to spread the good news of the gospel and His Truth.

I don't understand why politicking, hatred and racism has any place in churches, or why people would use the pulpit to air them.
Even if you are a candidate. When one of the opposing political parties members invited the media to record and photograph her praying in church, during election time, people were horrified. Most people would not want to be photographed praying in church and to be prey to political parties trying to gather votes.

Even quakers, who don't speak very often, but if led to speak, have a rule that if it's politics it will not be said at a meeting.

I don't understand why politicking, hatred and racism has any place in churches, or why people would use the pulpit to air them.
the answer is they dont belong period. the issues at hand do see politics plays a role in churches. i have seen families control the church . i have seen thus saithe my denomination doctrine control . just last Sunday i used dandle prayed the moment the king signed the decree paul wrote the spirit quickens the flesh profits nothing. when we have the above you listed it is flesh.. i fail to understand this election in choices. Its going to bite us. it seems those who would make real good leaders end up left in the cold. our nation and churches needs fixing bad

Just inspired to make comment today. American politics has generated a lot of bullying, hate, and racism recently. So many "Evangelical Christians" are participating it. No matter what party we like, this IS NOT OF GOD. I know a pastor's main job is to preach and teach the gospel, but why is this mind set and behavior not denounced by the Church on the regular?

And I don't mean only after a George Floyd incident. Why isn't this a sermon a couple of times a year? People need to hear it from the Pulpit....If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, hate and racism have no place in your life. THEY ARE SINS. In this last year I have heard this message more from Europeans/Anglicans/Eastern Orthodox than I have from American pastors.

And for those evangelical churches that do not condemn these sins, why are not the rest of the Christian America calling them out. Schism is a sin, but worse sin to tolerate this ideology.
It is important to remember that the world and its governments are the devil's property (in Mt 4, satan offered them to Jesus, which he couldn't do unless he controlled them). That includes democracies such as the United States. We should not be surprised when the world's evil governments and their representative societies behave in an ungodly fashion. Christians should never be fellow travelers with satan's heathens. We should always behave in a fashion that honors Christ.

Always wondered about that statute. I do not wish to violate the rules by being critical of a certain group. But will say that there is a prominent Christian leader who has used social media to advocate for the GOP/Trump nearly every day. I always wondered how that group maintained their 501C status.

It is important to remember that the world and its governments are the devil's property (in Mt 4, satan offered them to Jesus, which he couldn't do unless he controlled them). That includes democracies such as the United States. We should not be surprised when the world's evil governments and their representative societies behave in an ungodly fashion. Christians should never be fellow travelers with satan's heathens. We should always behave in a fashion that honors Christ.

Hello BibleLover;

I'm a prayer warrior in our "Christian Society," especially when it comes to the state of our world leaders in these times and I can understand Hollyjoy's point.

I'm grateful to our members who recognize, respect and stay within the guidelines of our forums rules, a small lesson the world can learn.

I guess I can make all the theological arguments of the ways of the world, but you make a very interesting and simple point here. No matter how much dirt gets on our shirts, when we pull it back to the Scriptures and Jesus, we get a perspective of why we should always behave in a fashion that honors Christ.

I thank the Lord for always opening our eyes and ears.

I believe any Christian must choose the lesser of evil in the world.
Some people hate a certain person for who they are or the way they
talk and do not investigate his beliefs or what he advocates for.
When it comes to elected leaders we should choose the one that
aligns with our values. It is not a decision of who they are but what
they deem essential to maintain in society. God never told us to not
advocate for a leader and 501c is provided by the government, not the Bible.
501c is an excellent way to monitor and lord over the church and Christian
organizations while maintaining an appearance of embracing religious freedom.
It's actually anti-Christ in nature and has no founding principle in God's Word.
Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's (Mark 12:17 & Luke 20:25).

Last edited:
Back