Christians and church

Being a Christian is being Christlike in character and heart. Not because you go to church... just like standing in a garage does not make you a car... etc.

There are many advantages of attending a church besides learning more about Jesus and how to live our lives like our Savior, and gaining understanding about His Word ....although.. one can be led to a very gifted pastor on line and gain much wisdom there... but you dont get the benefits of corporate worship, relationships, and the benefits of giving your time sowing into other members lives of the church by serving. And if your not where your supposed to be... your not going to grow as much. And your missing out on the benefits that come from supporting (tithe wise and prayer wise) the pastor and church building that God desires you help take care of.

So your answer is yes you can... but your missing out on other things that come from being apart of the fellowship God desires you to be part of.

Being a Christian is being Christlike in character and heart. Not because you go to church... just like standing in a garage does not make you a car... etc.

There are many advantages of attending a church besides learning more about Jesus and how to live our lives like our Savior, and gaining understanding about His Word ....although.. one can be led to a very gifted pastor on line and gain much wisdom there... but you dont get the benefits of corporate worship, relationships, and the benefits of giving your time sowing into other members lives of the church by serving. And if your not where your supposed to be... your not going to grow as much. And your missing out on the benefits that come from supporting (to the wise and prayer wise) the pastor and church building that God desires you help take care of.

So your answer is yes you can... but your missing out on other things that come from being apart of the fellowship God desires you to be part of.

Yes that is true. That makes a lot of sense.

Don't confuse this with those who physically can not attend with those who just don't want to.

God has a place, a home a church already chosen for you.
There you will find His Grace for EVERYTHING you will need to grow and mature into His Plan for your life.

Best Answer is......
Why do you ask this question?
Take your answer unto the Father in Prayer and spend some time with Him in this.
Then you will begin to see things Clearly and have your answer.

Blessings
FCJ

Don't confuse this with those who physically can not attend with those who just don't want to.

God has a place, a home a church already chosen for you.
There you will find His Grace for EVERYTHING you will need to grow and mature into His Plan for your life.

Best Answer is......
Why do you ask this question?
Take your answer unto the Father in Prayer and spend some time with Him in this.
Then you will begin to see things Clearly and have your answer.

Blessings
FCJ

"God has a place, a home a church already chosen for you.
There you will find His Grace for EVERYTHING you will need to grow and mature into His Plan for your life." Yes, I hope it all pretty soon

Let me ask... how do you know that they are saved?

Well other than the fact that I am told that they are...it's their behavior... it's the way they carry themselves...and how they treat people. Saved people have this special light...this peacefulness to them. And I have seen that with a few church goers and a few who are Christians but do not necessarily follow a certain denomination.

I havent really seen many christians that dont attend church or have regular fellowship. There are also non denominational churches, you dont need to belong to a certain denomination if thats what you mean. You just need to believe that Jesus died on the cross for us and was raised from the dead. No denomination has a monopoly on the gospel or the Bible.

God does place the lonely in families...that family is the church. There arent many 'only child' christians...you will soon find brothers and sisters wherever the spirit leads you. There are sometime times when God has you in the wilderness as a time of testing and training. But see Jesus was not always by himself. He had twelve disciples that witnessed and helped further his ministry.

For me personally, the answer is yes and no.... yes you can be christian both with or without a church.... however, as you grow spiritually, read and study the bible, and pray... you will likely find yourself being prompted by the God to find a church to attend. The bible even tells us to fellowship... we are to work together as "one" body.
... it's good for you, good for fellow believers in the church family, good for being better equipped to serve, it provides growth, vision, & cooperation that will help lead others to Christ... and many other reasons.
And yes, sometimes it becomes challenging, but we should be there to help each other grow... sometimes we need, advice, prayer, encouragement, purpose, correction... and sometimes we are needed to provide those same things to others. There will likely be both good times, and some that are difficult.. (just like any famiiy!)
But when we are united with each other in doing God's will..... then we are serving Him, and growing His kingdom, and helping others to find & know the love of God in their lives, as we know it.
We are told that "freely you have received; freely give."

"God has a place, a home a church already chosen for you.
There you will find His Grace for EVERYTHING you will need to grow and mature into His Plan for your life." Yes, I hope it all pretty soon

Well that would be up to you. Make it a serious matter and fellowship with Him and rest knowing He will guide you.
Remember one of the Jobs of the Holy Spirit is to guide you in all truth.
Blessings

What are your thoughts: Can you be a christian without attending church?

Yes.

Going to church does not make one a Christian any more that standing in a garage makes one a car.

Right now, today, our church has about a dozen people living in nursing homes and their health will not allow them to attend a church or even get out of bed.

You should want to go because the Bible tells us to "Not forsake the assembly of the brethren", but Christian salvation is based on the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and not church membership.

If we demand that church membership is a requirement of salvation then we have become "legalistic" and added what we must do to salvation and ignored Ephesians 2:8-9...……….
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Just like to point out those who may be in nursing homes or ill may have been attending church for many many years and already be built up in faith.

My grand aunt was in a rest home and the church would come to HER. She was actually baptised at the rest home. Because churches take their services to retirement viillages and rest homes, but the residents still choose whether to listen to the Word and attend services and fellowship with each other.

There are chaplains in hospitals and schools and the military. Pastoral care does not just happen inside a church building.

Just like to point out those who may be in nursing homes or ill may have been attending church for many many years and already be built up in faith.

My grand aunt was in a rest home and the church would come to HER. She was actually baptised at the rest home. Because churches take their services to retirement viillages and rest homes, but the residents still choose whether to listen to the Word and attend services and fellowship with each other.

There are chaplains in hospitals and schools and the military. Pastoral care does not just happen inside a church building.

Correct and that was exactly my point. A building does not make one saved no matter if it is a church building or a lawnmower shed.

Hi there, attending church, apart from the obvious benefits you receive, may present you with a golden opportunity to be of help \asisstance to someone in need.
You never know, a member may be in need of a friendly face to talk to.....that person could be you.
You may hear of someone desperately in need, that will present you with the opportunity of praying for that particular person.
You could end up meeting a friend for life, you perhaps may be invited out for a coffee and a chat after services, I've heard ladies love a good old chat with each other.
You yourself may some day, require prayer\s for yourself.
You may be encouraged to be of assistance in the church, even if it's simply a minor help\assistance, it would offer you the benefit of serving others.

Everyone attending church services should leave feeling blessed, content, happy and looking forward to the week ahead, so could you.

What is it they say..... seven days away from church makes one weak.

It's true. ;)

Best wishes and all the best to you Chin Up Buttercup <<< Love your chosen name btw)

weewillie

Last edited:
I agree with all of you. I tend to feel closer to him when I go to church. Church for me was a place where i could ask a bunch of questions and hear different opinions and answers. In this way, church for me was/is fun as I like to learn and research. However, you will have those who say...church shouldn't be fun...I get so confused sometimes. Then it gets over complicated with the rules of wear this....wear that...eat this...eat that. Some churches also do not like when you question anything as they think questioning what they say is sinning. But then how are you expected to learn anything?

I agree with all of you. I tend to feel closer to him when I go to church. Church for me was a place where i could ask a bunch of questions and hear different opinions and answers. In this way, church for me was/is fun as I like to learn and research. However, you will have those who say...church shouldn't be fun...I get so confused sometimes. Then it gets over complicated with the rules of wear this....wear that...eat this...eat that. Some churches also do not like when you question anything as they think questioning what they say is sinning. But then how are you expected to learn anything?
Greetings Phoenix111 ,
Why even worry or give a care to all that?
Forgive them and get a good chuckle inside you and tell Our Father you still desire an answer.

The enemy will use "anyone" he can and this includes other Christians to try and pull us down and destroy our time with The Father and the Brethren and Steel any Joy, happiness and Spiritual Growth and yes even Fun times.

People tend to get far to caught up within the thinking and actions of other people.
Meaning....."Other people's heads is NO PLACE to find your peace and joy and so on".

Live - in the Joy of Thee Lord no matter what.
Blessings
FCJ

Back