Christians and church

Greetings Phoenix111 ,
Why even worry or give a care to all that?
Forgive them and get a good chuckle inside you and tell Our Father you still desire an answer.

The enemy will use "anyone" he can and this includes other Christians to try and pull us down and destroy our time with The Father and the Brethren and Steel any Joy, happiness and Spiritual Growth and yes even Fun times.

People tend to get far to caught up within the thinking and actions of other people.
Meaning....."Other people's heads is NO PLACE to find your peace and joy and so on".

Live - in the Joy of Thee Lord no matter what.
Blessings
FCJ

That is quite true isn't it? :) Awesome advice!

I saw this doco on Whitney Houston last night.
She grew up in church, but she got lost along the way. So sad. She did say church was a safe place for her. Even when she was struggling with addictions and on her downward spiral, the people in her church would pray for her. It said in the film that her church held prayer meetings for her and 2000 people came to pray for Whitney. People genuinely cared and tried to reach out. They were genuinely surpised so many people turned up, thinking oh maybe a couple of people would pray, maybe a dozen or so. But that was her true family in the spirit even while her own family in the flesh failed her.

A church will pray for you even if you go away. When she died she was reading the Bible. I think there was a real intense battle for her soul. Her funeral was at her home church. So I dont know if you can say you can ever leave the church once you a part of it, even when satan tries to do a number on you. It is appointed once for man to die, and satan doesnt really do funerals he just casts you aside.

I cant say Whitney was an exemplary christian but, she had a God given gift and she did share it when she had it, and it was really church that encouraged her to sing, like she was worshipping the Lord. One thing about our God he loves to hear our praises. He loves it when we sing His praises. A church with no singing I could imagine would just be a very boring meeting!

I saw this doco on Whitney Houston last night.
She grew up in church, but she got lost along the way. So sad. She did say church was a safe place for her. Even when she was struggling with addictions and on her downward spiral, the people in her church would pray for her. It said in the film that her church held prayer meetings for her and 2000 people came to pray for Whitney. People genuinely cared and tried to reach out. They were genuinely surpised so many people turned up, thinking oh maybe a couple of people would pray, maybe a dozen or so. But that was her true family in the spirit even while her own family in the flesh failed her.

A church will pray for you even if you go away. When she died she was reading the Bible. I think there was a real intense battle for her soul. Her funeral was at her home church. So I dont know if you can say you can ever leave the church once you a part of it, even when satan tries to do a number on you. It is appointed once for man to die, and satan doesnt really do funerals he just casts you aside.

I cant say Whitney was an exemplary christian but, she had a God given gift and she did share it when she had it, and it was really church that encouraged her to sing, like she was worshipping the Lord. One thing about our God he loves to hear our praises. He loves it when we sing His praises. A church with no singing I could imagine would just be a very boring meeting!

Ah! yes! Very boring meeting indeed! :LOL: That's actually my favourite part, Praise and worship.

One Week Without Jesus or Church or God
Makes one Weak
;)
That goes without saying Fish Catcher Jim.

Thing is, we go to church on the Sabbath to meet up with like-minded people who wish to be in the presence of God on that particular special day.
Very powerful, sets you up for the unknown content of the week ahead, an extra boost I guess you could say.
Yes, God and Jesus are with us seven days a week, but there is just that free extra special award we gain\receive by being in the presence of God with like- minded people.

Shalom.

weewillie.

When we worship its everyone joins in and we sing together. A sermon you can only speak one at a time. Sometimes one person speaking all the time can get a bit longwinded thats all. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Actually the Bible did say about the Pharisees making really loooong prayers...dont be like them. Matthew 23:14

That goes without saying Fish Catcher Jim.

Thing is, we go to church on the Sabbath to meet up with like-minded people who wish to be in the presence of God on that particular special day.
Very powerful, sets you up for the unknown content of the week ahead, an extra boost I guess you could say.
Yes, God and Jesus are with us seven days a week, but there is just that free extra special award we gain\receive by being in the presence of God with like- minded people.

Shalom.

weewillie.
My reply was simply to your 7 days without makes one weak.
The saying is used as a ploy with the words week and weak .
Same sounding word with two distinct meanings.

On another note : Go to church on the Sabbath ? Now that's a limited Christian Life.
What I mean is, Church should be 7 days a week. Our Pastors have teaching series going all Week plus Sunday Service and other special events.

Blessings unto you and your family
FCJ

Added to the Reply above......
We purposely sit down to being taught at least 4 to 5 hours every day. For the most part average day for us would be 7 or 8 hours of teaching. Over and over and over.
The Hours we are not sitting under a teaching we purposely set our minds on God's Word and NOT what's going on such as circumstances and life.

For those who think you can listen to a teaching or your Pastors sermon once and have it all down pack are simply fooling themselves and limiting their Spiritual Growth.

Our Father leeds us to what He wants us to incorporate into our daily lives and we sit under that teaching until He releases us unto the next. Then He will put us back on one and show us how they work together.

Just like anything else in life - you get back or get out of it what you put into it.

10 percent Word
90 percent you and life
Gets you a 10 percent increase or 10 percent of God back into you and your life.

30 percent God and 70 percent you and life gets you a 30 percent harvest.

Now REMEMBER with these kind of numbers, it's far to easy for our enemy the devil to steel the little you think you have for your biggest concerns are you and life.
Cares of this life choke out your harvest from God.

NOTE TO READER : The word YOU is used as anyone and NOT directed at any single individual.

Blessings
FCJ

Back