"CHRISTIANS ONLY!!!!!!"

Ok folks, time for another whacky and zany observation from......MM. (that's me)

I was reminded the other day about pulpit greats like Dr. D. James Kennedy when he was preaching in Florida to a congregation of about 6000.

He said what I have heard from MANY ministers through the years. Kennedy's sermon was very nice that day, and had lots of outflow of warm fuzzies from the Bible.

THEN

He said something that brought such silence, you could have heard the proverbial "pin drop" in that place.

He looked out across the audience, pointed his finger in an arcing sweep across the entire population of that congregation, and stated:

"There are many of you here who will not make it to Heaven."

WHOA!!!!!

Thinking upon that recognized phenomenon so many ministers have dared to verbalize to their followers, a more shocking image popped into my mind.

Picture this:

You're looking at Hell and all of its vertical levels, the lower ones being far greater torment. In the middle, you zoom in, slowly gaining more detail about the characters there. Way in the back end of the middle level is a doorway with two of the biggest, meanest looking demons you ever did see; making sure no unauthorized people enter. The flames in that place look "lukewarm" compared to what was leaping about outside, and yet seemed hotter to the touch than all the other flames throughout.

More strikingly is the placard above the doorway that says:

CHRISTIANS ONLY!!!!!!

Those who were authorized to enter, thinking the flames were not so terrorizing, were not allowed back out once they entered.

Get the picture?

What are your thoughts?

MM

A thing described is not affected by that description.

God's word faithfuly describes Him and His actions. But His actions are not constrained by His Word.

He will have mercy on whom He has mercy. His will cannot be thwarted by our misunderstanding or misapplication of whateverever His word states.

Romans 9:15
For He says to Moses, “I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.”

Ok folks, time for another whacky and zany observation from......MM. (that's me)

I was reminded the other day about pulpit greats like Dr. D. James Kennedy when he was preaching in Florida to a congregation of about 6000.

He said what I have heard from MANY ministers through the years. Kennedy's sermon was very nice that day, and had lots of outflow of warm fuzzies from the Bible.

THEN

He said something that brought such silence, you could have heard the proverbial "pin drop" in that place.

He looked out across the audience, pointed his finger in an arcing sweep across the entire population of that congregation, and stated:

WHOA!!!!!

Thinking upon that recognized phenomenon so many ministers have dared to verbalize to their followers, a more shocking image popped into my mind.

Picture this:

You're looking at Hell and all of its vertical levels, the lower ones being far greater torment. In the middle, you zoom in, slowly gaining more detail about the characters there. Way in the back end of the middle level is a doorway with two of the biggest, meanest looking demons you ever did see; making sure no unauthorized people enter. The flames in that place look "lukewarm" compared to what was leaping about outside, and yet seemed hotter to the touch than all the other flames throughout.

CHRISTIANS ONLY!!!!!!

Those who were authorized to enter, thinking the flames were not so terrorizing, were not allowed back out once they entered.

Get the picture?

What are your thoughts?

MM
Think that even quieter response would have been the truth" all of you going to Heaven are just as bad as all those going to Hell"

thoughts

I hadn't seen a minister pointing the finger at everyone before or ever been in a congregation of 6000 people. But maybe in Florida it happens a lot.

I have heard ministers say that some people may not make it to heaven as thats true, people won't. But in the churches I've attended its kind of assumed that most people there are already believers.

though church is a bit different here, we don't really 'follow' a minister. I think in the more evangelical rallies, or the 'mega churches' ministers are more likely to say this, as many are told to bring their friends who may not believe (yet).

Though in nz a 'mega church' would probably be just an ordinary size church compared to one in the US.

I think that's a good imagery you have done there for those of us who are lukewarm in their Faith.
or, like me, your Faith is strong, but your practice is weak.

thanks for the reminder...

Via, the Lord is the One who can and does set on fire any and all hearts that desire to shine brightly for Him, which dispels the lukewarmness of any soul needing a thermal boost. Simply asking for that fire is what sets one apart from the Laodicean syndrome.

MM

There are some other good thoughts in this thread so far. Thank you all for what you have contributed. This is a wonderful opportunity to build others up who need the fire heat of salvation assured, and reward earned.

MM

Hello Musicmaster;

A good preacher always delivers God's message in love with encouragement. Problem is many preachers mistake "love and encouragement" with "fluff and sugar coating."

Dr. D. James Kennedy was a seasoned, anointed minister and am sure he was led by the Spirit when he stated, "There are many of you here who will not make it to Heaven." At this point not only did he deliver the message in love and encouragement but also included truth.

I agree with Pastor Kennedy and I have experienced firm "in your face" sermons. It was a wakeup call for me.

In Matthew 23:1-36 Jesus gave a powerful rebuke, not to the sheep, but the religious leaders. The Pharisees, Herodians and Sadducees were not accustomed to being spoken to as Jesus did. In the entire passage not one of them dared speak back to Him.

But in Matthew 23:37-39 Jesus displays a broken heart and laments for all the people for their boldness of the world, but for being lost in the Kingdom.

A preacher must do and say what he will to open the eyes of all, especially Christians Only.

I still think about this everyday. Thank you for sharing this topic, MM.

God bless you, brother.

Bob, it's great how the Lord uses men of great courage such as James Kennedy. He spoke boldly against the evils in this wicked culture, and never wavered. Men like him are so very rare, as is the tendency given that we're seeing the "turning away" spoken of in scripture.

Bless you, my brother, and all you brothers and sisters. Light your torches, and set aflame the hearts of others that they too may pass it on.

Love you all.

MM

THEN

WHOA!!!!!

Picture this:

CHRISTIANS ONLY!!!!!!

Get the picture?

What are your thoughts?

MM

there is room at the cross for all 2 peter 3 : The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.. the old hymn rescue the perishing care for the dyeing. Hell comes to those who reject Christ Church is not a museum but a hospital a sanctuary

Hello Musicmaster;

A good preacher always delivers God's message in love with encouragement. Problem is many preachers mistake "love and encouragement" with "fluff and sugar coating."

Dr. D. James Kennedy was a seasoned, anointed minister and am sure he was led by the Spirit when he stated, "There are many of you here who will not make it to Heaven." At this point not only did he deliver the message in love and encouragement but also included truth.

I agree with Pastor Kennedy and I have experienced firm "in your face" sermons. It was a wakeup call for me.

In Matthew 23:1-36 Jesus gave a powerful rebuke, not to the sheep, but the religious leaders. The Pharisees, Herodians and Sadducees were not accustomed to being spoken to as Jesus did. In the entire passage not one of them dared speak back to Him.

But in Matthew 23:37-39 Jesus displays a broken heart and laments for all the people for their boldness of the world, but for being lost in the Kingdom.

A preacher must do and say what he will to open the eyes of all, especially Christians Only.

God bless you, brother.
agreed Kennedy was a good preacher and another was Adrian rogers preaching is mixed with love and warning but all out of love

well unless you walk to the front to be prayed on nobody would really know you ever attended a mega church. Its not like they take an attendance roll.

well unless you walk to the front to be prayed on nobody would really know you ever attended a mega church. Its not like they take an attendance roll.
i am not anti mega churches if the attendance numbers calls for a large building and its all of God. great my point is in a huge crowd you can blend in never be noticed. still remain lost

THEN

WHOA!!!!!

Picture this:

CHRISTIANS ONLY!!!!!!

Get the picture?

What are your thoughts?

MM
Matthew 7:22-24...........
"Many will say to me in that day, LORD, LORD, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

The greatest missionary field in the world is the congregations of churches in America.

If that is not true, then why do we elect people who tell us that ......."I favor killing unborn babies."
If that is not true then why do we elect people who tell us that ........"Homosexuals should be allowed to marry and adopt children."
If that is not true then why do we elect people who tell us that.........."I had sexual relations with someone other that my wife".

IF....IF we were what we sit in church and say we are......then these people could never be elected by us.

Hello Musicmaster;

God bless you, brother.

If you have the desire to hear a great man of God PREACH......get your hands on some tapes by Dr. Oliver B. Green!

Lanolin, it sounds like you have not ever attended a gathering of believers who, when they gather together, have elders who had sought the Lord to have their eyes of discernment opened, just as Elisha prayed for the young man standing on those ramparts beside him. The elders should always be men so deeply attuned to the Lord that they actively seek the Lord to see what mere human, physical eyes cannot see. They can be given discernment.

This seeking of the Lord by the elders for discernment beyond human ability should be a natural, organic practice among them if they are at all elders in the biblical sense. Failure in that is what disqualifies them as elders of biblical stature. They need to go and sit down with the boys, learn in silence among the boys, and let true giants in the faith stand up and function in the capacity the Lord gives to them. Elders who are elected as such only because of their age and time in grade as a believer, that's not an elder of biblical stature. They're simply older boys playing elder as opposed to actually functioning as such.

It's natural to wonder how many dear saints in need have slipped through the cracks because of old (mere) boys playing a part for which they are not truly qualified.....nor mature enough to climb those grades of the mountain.

MM

Last edited:
Back