Christmas cards

I'm looking for help.
To put it simply, I need words to put in the Christmas cards I'm making, to encourage the reader to think of Christmas as the birth of Jesus, (and all that involves), rather than the secular holiday and all its connected worries.
"Hope, peace, and love" can be thought of in so many ways.
What do you suggest ?

How about Luke 2:10-12 (KJV),

"10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."

How about Luke 2:10-12 (KJV),

"10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."
Yes. Thanks for the quote, but I've done that sort of thing on most cards each year, but all that is done is that it is propped up on the shelf with the news that "Poor old Grandpa's still going strong."

Smiler

The ultimate gift- John 3:16
Now that's a good anchor point. Hanging up the stocking is always something I wonder about, and Santa's generosity is to be wondered at.
But there will be images on my cards, and I'll follow that path. I suppose the gifts the wise men brought, was the human start. The giving is on a different scale, but something to bear comparison. But yes. Thank you.

I'm looking for help.
To put it simply, I need words to put in the Christmas cards I'm making, to encourage the reader to think of Christmas as the birth of Jesus, (and all that involves), rather than the secular holiday and all its connected worries.
"Hope, peace, and love" can be thought of in so many ways.
What do you suggest ?
So how did this end up?

So how did this end up?
I'm sorry my image copy is acting up at the moment, but I'll try to describe the wording.
The card itself was A5 size and the outside front said in artistic font:
'Bringing you good tidings of great joy.
Wishing you a happy and peaceful Christmas,
with love from'

and the back just had my logo at the bottom.

Inside, the left-hand half was full of clipart bits which are commonly associated with Christmas, (trees, candles, Santa Clause, mail box, reindeer, pudding, crackers, and suchlike). Among the images are the words:
'We each have our memories of years long ago'.

Then on the right-hand side are the words:
...but is that really what Christmas is all about ?
Let us agree with St. Paul when he said
“When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

There’s nothing wrong in having a bean-feast if you have something to celebrate, and it is always good to share memories together, but surely, we must remember what it is that we are now celebrating.
So it is a pity that the advertisements and the traders start to tell us that Christmas will be starting sometime in early November, with their one object of profit-making.

The reason for the Season is to celebrate the greatest GIFT that ever was or will be.

Let us believe what the baby Jesus grew up to tell us, and we shall find real happiness when we love each other and find Heaven on earth throughout the year.

I'm sorry my image copy is acting up at the moment, but I'll try to describe the wording.
The card itself was A5 size and the outside front said in artistic font:
'Bringing you good tidings of great joy.
Wishing you a happy and peaceful Christmas,
with love from'

and the back just had my logo at the bottom.

Inside, the left-hand half was full of clipart bits which are commonly associated with Christmas, (trees, candles, Santa Clause, mail box, reindeer, pudding, crackers, and suchlike). Among the images are the words:
'We each have our memories of years long ago'.

Then on the right-hand side are the words:
...but is that really what Christmas is all about ?
Let us agree with St. Paul when he said
“When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

There’s nothing wrong in having a bean-feast if you have something to celebrate, and it is always good to share memories together, but surely, we must remember what it is that we are now celebrating.
So it is a pity that the advertisements and the traders start to tell us that Christmas will be starting sometime in early November, with their one object of profit-making.

The reason for the Season is to celebrate the greatest GIFT that ever was or will be.

Let us believe what the baby Jesus grew up to tell us, and we shall find real happiness when we love each other and find Heaven on earth throughout the year.
Very nice. Hopefully, we will be an image in the near future.
Bless you, sir.

Back