Church Today

I was sick this entire weekend so I was home yesterday. I did go to mass on Friday though. Though what we celebrated is undoubtedly a controversial subject for this forum.

2 Chronicles 33
Manasseh did what was evil in the Lord's sight for fifty five years.

So the LORD sent the commanders of the Assyrian armies, and they took Manasseh prisoner. They put a ring through his nose, bound him in bronze chains, and led him away to Babylon. But while in deep distress, Manasseh sought the LORD his God and sincerely humbled himself before the God of his ancestors. And when he prayed, the LORD listened to him and was moved by his request. So the LORD brought Manasseh back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh finally realized that the LORD alone is God! (‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭33‬:‭11-13‬ NLT)

He ignored God and His word all that time, when he cried out to God, He listened. Made me remember how many times I've rebelled and then I'd cry out in trouble. God listened to Manasseh when he was dirty and in chains. We don't have to clean up before approaching God. Only the blood of Jesus makes us clean anyway so why do we think we can do it ourselves. God is faithful.

I was also off sick. I still learnt something. God has a sense of humor. I told the one elder I was dedicated and would attend all the meetings from now on :giggle:.

Awww! I'll write now and sleep later. It's just that I have missed so many studies lately, and it was good to be there.

My synagogue is studying Romans right now. We are in Romans 14. I forgotten that when that Scripture says that I must give up my preferences at times in order to accommodate another who is not at liberty to do what I do, it is temporary, not permanent, and it is to accommodate another believer, not just anyone. Sometimes, we give up our freedoms when we don't need to give them up. It had been a long times since I had considered this Scripture.

Further, I am to pursue the things that bring shalom and building up one another.
And I must be diligent not to make traditions into laws and/or absolutes.
Even in the absolutes, I need to encourage others toward obedience, not brow-beat them toward it.

All of these things require humility, a willingness to serve, and a commitment to submit to G-d.

Probably no big deal to others, but I needed the reminders.

Awww! I'll write now and sleep later. It's just that I have missed so many studies lately, and it was good to be there.

My synagogue is studying Romans right now. We are in Romans 14. I forgotten that when that Scripture says that I must give up my preferences at times in order to accommodate another who is not at liberty to do what I do, it is temporary, not permanent, and it is to accommodate another believer, not just anyone. Sometimes, we give up our freedoms when we don't need to give them up. It had been a long times since I had considered this Scripture.

Further, I am to pursue the things that bring shalom and building up one another.
And I must be diligent not to make traditions into laws and/or absolutes.
Even in the absolutes, I need to encourage others toward obedience, not brow-beat them toward it.

All of these things require humility, a willingness to serve, and a commitment to submit to G-d.

Probably no big deal to others, but I needed the reminders.
XLT study tezrili. Romans 14. is a perfect example for us to follow. Also in the end it all boils down to HUMILITY :) and the willingness as you said to serve and commit to God. Gr8 post sis.

For all of us that made it to church 2day what did you learn?
Great thought to start a thread! It was a great learning for me.. The learning was, it is not just enough to learn. The learning should be influential in our lives! That was the learning :D

The message was on the passage where few friends of a paralytic person lowered him into the house where Jesus was preaching. Jesus appreciated the faith of those friends. The Pastor contrasted them with the pharisees who were amazed by these things. But it stopped there. No change in their lives. It just tickled their ears. Another point he highlighted is that it was first the preaching of word which influenced the men. It is not simply signs and wonders which can influence us. Hearing of word of God is what can influence us. Are we allowing the learning to influence our lives or we are contempt to just say "it was a good message" without any evident changes in our hearts.

I don't attend church - I don't speak the local language - French, Dutch, Flemish - so I study at home. There is an anglican church but I only went to hear Michael Card sing and speak once.

Back