Coffee With the Church

What is the funniest thing you have had happen to you or have witnessed in a church meeting?
About 15 years ago I was in church sitting in the very front pew with my girlfriend and her 2 young children. It was very quiet as we were all in prayer. The pasters were all standing at the front as usual. The assistant Paster was my girlfriends brother in law.
The 4 yr old daughter all of a sudden while standing in pray looked at me and in a loud voice said, " Auntie can you take your teeth out now ?" I whispered to her not now lolol
All the pasters on the stage heard her and I was so so embarrassed 😳
I will never forget that day. It was very embarrassing but also way too funny.
GOD BLESS THE CHILDREN !!

I have one. Years ago we were members of a church near San Francisco Bay and during the sermon my mouth was getting dry because the Pastor was preaching very intensely. So I got up to get a cup of coffee by the refreshment table and he stopped his sermon and asked me to come back and sit down! Seriously?

So I came back and sat down. Then the Pastor lost his place in the sermon (because of me) so as he was trying to remember I got back up and hurried to get a cup of coffee! lol! So when he found his place he looked up at me and saw that I had my cup of coffee but there was nothing he could do.

l😎l!
if the message was that bad.i doubt i would went back. honestly i have never been in a service where you could have coffee in the sanctuary

if the message was that bad.i doubt i would went back. honestly i have never been in a service where you could have coffee in the sanctuary
We have several coffee/tea stands outside the worship center. They are very popular. Someone once tried to stop me from bringing my coffee into the worship center, but they learned that I am known as "Coffee Ray" and that was not a good idea.

20230107_121122.jpg

About 15 years ago I was in church sitting in the very front pew with my girlfriend and her 2 young children. It was very quiet as we were all in prayer. The pasters were all standing at the front as usual. The assistant Paster was my girlfriends brother in law.
The 4 yr old daughter all of a sudden while standing in pray looked at me and in a loud voice said, " Auntie can you take your teeth out now ?" I whispered to her not now lolol
All the pasters on the stage heard her and I was so so embarrassed 😳
I will never forget that day. It was very embarrassing but also way too funny.
GOD BLESS THE CHILDREN !!
I have one more for today lolol.
I was teaching Sunday school with the same woman from my last story.
I had a group of 4 and 5 yr old children and I was reading them a picture book story of how God split the waters apart so that Moses could lead people across the sea (short version)
Well when I was reading instead of saying Moses lead his people across the red sea I said....
" And Moses lead God's people across the street"
I dont think the children realized what I said and of course i corrected myself but my girlfriend looked at me with her eyes wide open and after Sunday school we both cracked up laughing because I had no idea why I even said that or where that came from. I was just reading the story and thats just what slipped out lolol

We have several coffee/tea stands outside the worship center. They are very popular. Someone once tried to stop me from bringing my coffee into the worship center, but they learned that I am known as "Coffee Ray" and that was not a good idea.

View attachment 8568
personally coffee or another casual drink just to be drinking should not be in the sanctuary . if person needs water for medical purposes i can see. i compare that to having to run outside and smoke. years ago a group had bible study in a resultant. they called it beer and bible study

I have visited churches that have a coffee area and I love it lololol

Hey Jerry;

Actually, it was a good sermon. His voice was getting intense because if I remember correctly it was about how God does not condone sin. The Pastor also didn't allow coffee in the seats during the service. But my mouth got dry and I wasn't thinking. The church we attended back in 1995 was at Fort Mason (the white with reddish orange roofs.) They rented a large room for church service.

03c002a1438a1b64c876cdf22dedbfac-e1495649836804.jpg

personally coffee or another casual drink just to be drinking should not be in the sanctuary . if person needs water for medical purposes i can see. i compare that to having to run outside and smoke. years ago a group had bible study in a resultant. they called it beer and bible study
Ok, not sure why, but ok. Maybe I am having an issue with the word "sanctuary." Aside from the building where services are held (aka: The Worship Center), we have a playground for the kids, an actual k-5 school, and several patios. The coffee stations are outside of the actual worship center. Don't really have people that leave service to get coffee. People are allowed to bring in drinks, just not in open containers.

I am curious about why you hold this opinion?

Rtm3039

Hey Jerry;

Actually, it was a good sermon. His voice was getting intense because if I remember correctly it was about how God does not condone sin. The Pastor also didn't allow coffee in the seats during the service. But my mouth got dry and I wasn't thinking. The church we attended back in 1995 was at Fort Mason (the white with reddish orange roofs.) They rented a large room for church service.

03c002a1438a1b64c876cdf22dedbfac-e1495649836804.jpg
I found a very cool VR image of my church:

Rtm

I am curious about why you hold this opinion?
the sanctuary is the worship center where we listen to God word. i am sure our worlds are different . the churches around here are country rural we just dont take drinks inside the sanctuary . i had a visiting preacher i asked come preach. he was having dry mouth while preaching. my wife got him a bottle of water . when he left the water was in the pew. i am not against coffee before or after its a matter of how we treat the sanctuary . . i am not against play grounds or anything else separate from the Church

the sanctuary is the worship center where we listen to God word. i am sure our worlds are different . the churches around here are country rural we just dont take drinks inside the sanctuary . i had a visiting preacher i asked come preach. he was having dry mouth while preaching. my wife got him a bottle of water . when he left the water was in the pew. i am not against coffee before or after its a matter of how we treat the sanctuary . . i am not against play grounds or anything else separate from the Church
i know of those who carry a gun concealed to church. i find it sad we have to take a gun to church..
I agree, but the leadership will not allow the church to become a "gun free zone." As a member of the security team, it does not make things easy. It took years before we were able to convince them to allow us to search backpacks. Lie I said, no open containers, especially on the first rows.

This is our worship center. It houses 1,350 people:

WS1.JPG

This is the outside. We have large numbers of people that like to hang around before and after service. This is where you can get your coffee. Sometimes, there is even food:

Outside.JPG

And this is one of the coffee islands. We used to have three, but now we have two. Not sure how often they are replaced, but with three services on Sundays, I suspect very often.

Coffee.JPG

our building sits on about acre of ground i could seat around a hundred if need ,
the church i pastor
View attachment 8572
Very nice.

Mine is a big church but being on a volunteer team makes it feel much much smaller.

We have a small chapel on the grounds too. It is used by an order group for services and for private services. We have a third worship venue that provides services Spanish.

we have a few big churches in poplar bluff mo .but most churches can seat hundred to 300 .i think palace praise can seat a good thousand
During the lockdown, we shut down and only had services on-line. When we came back, masks were required and social distancing. That went on for a while, as Miami, FL, had the most COVID cases in the state. We have been back to full services going on a little more than a year, but the number of people attending live services has not returned to what use to be normal. We seldom need to open up the balcony, which hold 250. The online option remains very popular.

Our services are live on the main campus and then live-streamed to the other six campuses. personally, I prefer the live version. I attend two or all three services on Sunday, since I am on the volunteer security team. It is a bit enjoyable to listed to the message three times, as it kind of evolves a bit each time. We also have two off-duty cops on campus.

I prefer the live version
agreed i dont have a big problem online .i did a informal Christmas morn via Facebook . we had sub zero temps with bad winds chills -0 and i am on a gravel road that had snow / i had call off services . this is why i saw our worlds are different i am rural mo your in the city

When y’all are mentioning ‘big’ churches, are you referring to the building capacity or the amount of people?
(buildings or people?)

Back