College Coach Resigns After Religious Signs Removed

College Coach Resigns After Religious Signs Removed

Jr. College Coach Resigns After Religious Signs Removed
By The Associated Press
Sun, Apr. 01 2007 08:44 AM ET

ALEXANDER CITY, Ala. (AP) — Central Alabama Community College baseball coach Don Ingram resigned after the school removed two signs bearing religious messages from the outfield fence.

The 8-foot by 12-foot signs, sold to sponsors for $1,000 apiece, were taken down after the community college received complaints because of their religious nature.

An individual paid for a sign reading "John 3:16" that was sponsored by the school's Fellowship of Christian Athletes chapter. The second sign, sponsored by Prospect Baptist Church, read: "True success is finding out what God wants you to do, then doing it."

"I resigned because I will not compromise my commitment to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ," Ingram said in a letter mailed to his latest signing class. He added that he didn't fault school administrators for the decision.

Story Continues at The Christian Post

I post articles this way not to advertise for sites, but a lot of forums I'm associated with use the "3 Paragraph" rule. Which is that you only post the first 3 paragraphs so you do not infringe copyright violations. I didn't see anything in the rules about this.

Please feel free to correct me if I've overlooked something.

It looks like that same old antichrist spirit again- you could put any other religion up there and never hear a peep but those demonically manipulated souls cannot abide the Name of Jesus Christ.

Back