Come to me all you who are weary

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yolk upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yolk is easy, and My burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

Again, He limiteth a certain day, saying in David, today, after so long a time; as it is said, today if ye will hear His voice, harden not your hearts.
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would He not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into His rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His. (Hebrews 4:7-10)

How many of us labor and toil everyday trying to be good enough to deserve what God has already freely given us? Do we really know it is a "free" gift? Yes we know it with head knowledge, but in our hearts and way down deep..do we truly believe that we can rest in God's free gift of love and grace, and allow Him to produce the right living in our lives?

Do we know how to grab ahold of God and His Word, with all of our strength...so that in His strength we can become victorious over all of those things that so easily trip us up?

I thought i did, but am discovering that truly knowing the depth, height, width, and length of His love for me, is something that i need to develop more. As i grew up, my dad was not a person who was very affectionate, or verbal with his feelings...even just to say I love you (not that i remember anyway). He had a lot of things in his own life that the devil tried to use to destroy him. If only he had grabbed ahold of God's love for him when we were young, but glory be to Jesus, God got his surrendered life in the 80's. And he lived his life to try to be the light and the salt, from that day forward. But in looking back on things now, it seems to me that he had a lot of toil, and not rest. I think that rest is something that we all have to learn. Society today does not know how to rest, or do things apart from their own strength.

Me on the other hand, i learned to try to be good enough to get the attention, praise or love. Now that may work as a child...with it's own consequences, but i can tell you as an adult that simply does not work. And as one tries to grow in God.....well trying to learn to accept a free gift makes for interesting character building.

So i pray as we all prepare for resurrection Sunday. And to receive the gift of God's first born Son, that came to redeem us from our sinful nature. Through the precious Blood that was freely shed. That we are all able to try to begin to wrap our hearts around the true meaning of Grace (God's overwhelming desire to treat you and me as if sin never happened) and what Jesus' death makes available to us all.

May the Lord richly bless each and every one with an abundance of grace, love and joy!

It's amazing to see God work and it is even more amazing when we get to the place where we allow Him to work. Thank YOU for sharing this Cturtle and may you always allow God in all ways to have an open door unto your heart 27/7/365
Blessings and Love in Christ
Jim

I really love that Hebrews 4 passage.
Christ is our Sabbath Saturday, and also our Sabbath Sunday, and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
All the time.
Thank you Jesus!

Thank you, Cturtle...your story is similar to mine. We need to rest, assured in the very real promise of Almighty God, our Father---that He is pleased with us, and our faith.

Sometimes my brain does not know how to do this. I know that God loves me and id pleased, but it is very difficult to wrap my mind around. So i just take it by faith according to 1 Peter 512b and keep trying to move forward.
Thanks to all of you for the wonderful encouragement! Blessings!

Sometimes my brain does not know how to do this. I know that God loves me and id pleased, but it is very difficult to wrap my mind around. So i just take it by faith according to 1 Peter 512b and keep trying to move forward.
Thanks to all of you for the wonderful encouragement! Blessings!

Let me tell you how the Lord impressed upon me the very truth of this.

I have been badly grieving over my daughter's rejection and missing her two lovely young children in my life, and was in a depression over it, struggling hard to keep from becoming inconsolable, letting others pray when I couldn't pray, and my husband would sit at my bedside and read the Psalms to me, which made me weep with love, comforted by the hand of God, and with images of me climbing up into the great lap of the Father, letting Him hold me with His great arms of love and compassion. After much heartache, and time, nothing much has come of the circumstances, although I am trusting in Jeremiah 31:15-17, which the Lord gave me before all the trouble even began. But I was sitting at my computer one day about a year ago, having improved a great deal, but was talking to the Lord, and said, "Lord, please forgive me for my lack of faith", considering my heartache was a hindrance to Him, but He spoke to me immediately and softly, and said, "But I am pleased with your faith."

I answered, "What? How can you be pleased with my faith?"

It was then that I realized that I had not lost faith at all, but acted in faith, running to my Abba, who comforted His daughter in her sorrow. Where else can one go??

So, every time I am tempted to castigate myself---the enemy's tactic---I am reminded of that wonderful, bittersweet exchange between me and my Dad.

Let me tell you how the Lord impressed upon me the very truth of this.

I have been badly grieving over my daughter's rejection and missing her two lovely young children in my life, and was in a depression over it, struggling hard to keep from becoming inconsolable, letting others pray when I couldn't pray, and my husband would sit at my bedside and read the Psalms to me, which made me weep with love, comforted by the hand of God, and with images of me climbing up into the great lap of the Father, letting Him hold me with His great arms of love and compassion. After much heartache, and time, nothing much has come of the circumstances, although I am trusting in Jeremiah 31:15-17, which the Lord gave me before all the trouble even began. But I was sitting at my computer one day about a year ago, having improved a great deal, but was talking to the Lord, and said, "Lord, please forgive me for my lack of faith", considering my heartache was a hindrance to Him, but He spoke to me immediately and softly, and said, "But I am pleased with your faith."

I answered, "What? How can you be pleased with my faith?"

It was then that I realized that I had not lost faith at all, but acted in faith, running to my Abba, who comforted His daughter in her sorrow. Where else can one go??

So, every time I am tempted to castigate myself---the enemy's tactic---I am reminded of that wonderful, bittersweet exchange between me and my Dad.

Can you see the tears running down my cheeks? Speaking to my heart!

I read a book called captured by grace a few years ago, and there was a portion of it that was as if the Father Himself (i know it was directly from Him) was enveloping me in His presence and speaking to me. It was bittersweet, because while it said that He was proud of me, but there were some difficult times ahead. And now He has given me 1 Peter 5:12b. Every once in awhile, the devil throws this particular curve ball my way, and this is the last time, I will be allowing me to accept it...well battle the emotions that go along with it. For now is the time, that as i am covered in the Blood of Jesus, and am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, to stand and in Christ rise above this. In Jesus Name! AMEN!

Someone shout glory, for the burden removing, yolk destroying anointing is crushing this bug.

Can you see the tears running down my cheeks? Speaking to my heart!

I read a book called captured by grace a few years ago, and there was a portion of it that was as if the Father Himself (i know it was directly from Him) was enveloping me in His presence and speaking to me. It was bittersweet, because while it said that He was proud of me, but there were some difficult times ahead. And now He has given me 1 Peter 5:12b. Every once in awhile, the devil throws this particular curve ball my way, and this is the last time, I will be allowing me to accept it...well battle the emotions that go along with it. For now is the time, that as i am covered in the Blood of Jesus, and am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, to stand and in Christ rise above this. In Jesus Name! AMEN!

Someone shout glory, for the burden removing, yolk destroying anointing is crushing this bug.

Yes, my dear. I sense the tears of sweet relief and release. Yes, His burdens are not heavy, because He shares the yoke with me, taking the heaviest part of the load.

Back