Comfort from the Shepherd

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Comfort from the Shepherd

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Yur rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4

As a child of God you are never alone! Your Shpherd is with you at all times. You never have to call Him in to your situation. You never have to wonder where He is. You never have to fear that if things become too difficult, He will abandon you. He goes before you; He walks beside you; He comes behind you. He protects you securely. Just as He sees every sparrow and knows every hair that is on your head, so His gaze is constantly upon you (Luke 12:6-7). Even when you cannot see Him, He always keeps His eyes upon you. He comforts you with His strong presence in times of sorrow and grief. He leads you through the valley of the shadow of death. He does not necessarily lead you around the valley as you might wish. There are times when your Shpeherd knows that the only way to get you where He wants to take you is to lead you down the path that passes through the dark valley. Yet, at those times He walks closely with you, resassuring you throughout the journey that He still loves you and is with you. It is during those times that you experience His love and compassion in a deeper dimension than you ever have before.

You never need to fear evil. As intimidating as evil can be, there is nothing you will ever face that intimidates your Shepherd. He has seen it all and soundly defeated every form of wickedness. Evil never catches Him by surprise. Your Shepherd is always prepared and knows exactly when and where you will experience difficulty. Place your absolute trust in your Good Shepherd that He will protect you and demonstrate His love for you through the darkest valley.

Henry T. & Richard Blackaby

Godbe4me:amen::jesus-sign::shepherd:​

Having been in that valley more than once I can testify that God is forever faithful. He is God of the valley as well as the mountain top.:)

Back