'For our light affliction, which is but for a moment,
worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
While we look not at the things which are seen,
but at the things which are not seen:
for the things which are seen are temporal;
but the things which are not seen are eternal.'

(2 Cor. 4:17,18)

Hello there,

These two verses (above) have been brought to my attention, and I thought I would share them here, in case someone, like myself, is in need of the message they bring.

We are each one upon a journey of faith, in a world where God is not honoured, and the Word of God not heard, or received. Our citizenship is in heaven, and our expectation is there. The place where Christ our Saviour is sat, at God's right hand, is where the eyes of our faith are fixed. Therefore, like the disciples of Christ during His earthly ministry, we can expect that in this world we shall have tribulation (John 16:33). Like them too, we are exhorted to 'be of good cheer', for He has 'overcome the world'. Yet it is so easy to become disheartened, isn't it?

Romans 5:3, tells us to 'glory in our tribulation', because it 'worketh patience'; and Romans 8:35 assures us that tribulation cannot separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus.

Praise God!

Romans 12:12 and 2 Corinthians 1:4,tells us to be patient in tribulation, and to be assured that God will indeed comfort us.
So, lift up those hands, and rejoice in all things, for God is near, and He is faithful. Do not give place to despondency, or introspection; but look up and praise God, for His Word is true and His promises to us, in Christ Jesus are sure and steadfast.

With love in Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.

Chris

Back