Compromise

Jeremiah 1:6
Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
8Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
9Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
10See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Isaiah 50:7
For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

When the Lord tells us to do something or gives us something to say we cannot compromise what He desires of us. We cannot be afraid of them when we see they do not like what we say but must be faithful to God and what He wants

Do not let people who do not seem to receive you cause you to back down from the Word of the Lord that He gave you for them. If we don’t deliver that Word, the Lord can’t deal with their hearts about what He wants them to hear . How can they hear without a messenger?

Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the [uncompromisingly] righteous is a tree of life, and he who is wise captures human lives [for God, as a fisher of men--he gathers and receives them for eternity].
31Behold, the [uncompromisingly] righteous shall be recompensed on earth; how much more the wicked and the sinner! And if the righteous are barely saved, what will become of the ungodly and wicked?

We must be bold for they need to hear The Word of God that can change their lives. We cannot consider ourselves or what man may think, but consider what is best for them instead.

It seems the church is compromising so much to try to 'fit in' with the world today you can't tell the church from the world. God's ways are higher and better. This is why so many are having trouble, they think they can run their life better than God. He knows all things and he knows what is best, we don't. He just wants to bless us, protect us and and help us while we are on this earth. But many can't see that. They don't know He is a loving Father

I agree with the principle of not compromising, so long as it does not get carried too far into flat-out self-righteous stubborness.
Absolutely no worshipping of other gods, but we ought to be able to discuss the facts with others in a respectful way and seek the truth, instead of what we want to be true.

I think a person can not compromise but yet still be self righteous and stubborn. They would just be erring in another area, which is not good at all.
You're right about absolutely no worship of other gods

Compromise

Black is black and white is white. ....

Actually, there are many variants and different shades of black and white. Just my 2 cents worth.

And the word that will cause millions to be misled and compromise, is a word called conformity. Very bad word, and will lead millions walking after the blind, straight into the ditch.

LOL well yes I have found it hard to find the exact shades of either if I don't buy them at the same time. But that was not really what I was getting at. I was speaking of what the world calls 'gray areas', which IMO is an excuse to compromise

Right, we are not to be conformed to this world but to renew our minds to God's Word, which transformed us to be more like Him.
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I think a person can not compromise but yet still be self righteous and stubborn. They would just be erring in another area, which is not good at all.
You're right about absolutely no worship of other gods

Ha, yeah. I agree. Basically what I was saying is that some people take the "no compromise" thing too far and end up refusing to consider the possibility they might actually be wrong once in a while. I consider the possibility I might be wrong all the time. So I try to do proper research before I come to a conclusion. And even then I still understand that I'm not perfect and my understanding of the truth is fallible. I'm committed to stay teachable, but I'll only follow the truth. We only ought to believe something if we have reason to, y'know? And I think we've got pretty good reason to believe the Bible. In fact, I don't think any other worldview comes close.

The Bible is the truth because it is God's words to us.
As you say some are stubborn about it and many time those that go on and on think they are always right. No one is right all the time, neither is anyone wrong all the time.

LOL well yes I have found it hard to find the exact shades of either if I don't buy them at the same time. But that was not really what I was getting at. I was speaking of what the world calls 'gray areas', which IMO is an excuse to compromise

Right, we are not to be conformed to this world but to renew our minds to God's Word, which transformed us to be more like Him.
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I hear ya. And sadly many Christians are being desensitized and conforming to the world and compromising.

Good verse btw, Amen.

At the risk of sounding rude, I think compromise is itself not the core problem, just a result of the real problem. I think when we dig deeper we see that underneath the willingness to compromise is usually cowardice. Sometimes people compromise because of honest confusion or because of bad teachers, but, in my experience, spiritual and intellectual cowardice is usually what fuels the Christian's willingness to compromise the message of the Gospel to fit society's desires. And underneath cowardice is a heart that lacks sufficient love for God and His instructions for us. Thus the heart is not strong enough to muster the courage to do what's right in the world. Then when the world puts pressure on Christians to conform to the world's standards rather than God's, the Christian, lacking love for God, looks out for numero uno....him/herself, and conforms to the world's standards, rather than standing up, sticking to God's values, and defending their beliefs.

That's my opinion anyway. I could be wrong though.

I can agree compromise is just a symptom of a deeper problem. We have to get to the root for a problem to be remedied

Interesting topic isn't it? (I'm probably about to make it a little more interesting and thought provoking but hopefully not controversial)

I do not compromise on what the Lord has written and refuse to make it say anything other than what it actually says. I do not compromise what is written by giving greater authority to somebodies' interpretation of it (even if it were my own for the Lords word is the authority, not mine) but rather, I test and judge such interpretations by comparing and subjecting them to the greater authority of the written word of the Lord Himself (as He has taught us we should do).

I know many others do this also but on all the Christian forums I have been on over many years those who will not compromise the written word of the Lord (not just me), no matter how kind and considerate, thoughtful and loving they may be, have been subject to attack by certain sections of those forums and accused of being arrogant, stubborn, making the Bible our God, intolerant, judgemental, legalistic, unfriendly, unloving, etc. We are constantly being told it is OK (in fact demanded) that everybody has the right to compromise the word of the Lord with their own interpretations. That nobody should tell anybody they are not in accordance with what is written (ie. have compromised the word of the Lord) and that it is OK to make the words the Lord has chosen and set in writing to say anything WE want them to say.

The interesting thing is will CFS and its members be determined to not compromise the words the Lord Himself has set down in writing for all time and all people, but give THEM the ultimate authority to declare the teachings, commands and will of the Lord Himself?

Will this determination not to compromise go that far?

I will be interested in seeing if CFS can evolve (ooh dare I use that word :).) into the type of Christian forum site the internet so desperately needs. A site that does not compromise on the word of the Lord but holds up what is written (not what is interpreted) as the ultimate authority of the Lord Himself on all matters it addresses.

(Just a couple of pennies worth of thoughts people might want to ponder and discuss among themselves).

Sincerest regards to all.

Misty.

I know many others do this also but on all the Christian forums I have been on over many years those who will not compromise the written word of the Lord (not just me), no matter how kind and considerate, thoughtful and loving they may be, have been subject to attack by certain sections of those forums and accused of being arrogant, stubborn, making the Bible our God, intolerant, judgemental, legalistic, unfriendly, unloving, etc. We are constantly being told it is OK (in fact demanded) that everybody has the right to compromise the word of the Lord with their own interpretations. That nobody should tell anybody they are not in accordance with what is written (ie. have compromised the word of the Lord) and that it is OK to make the words the Lord has chosen and set in writing to say anything WE want them to say.

I'm going to be bulldog for now. I'm going to latch onto the pant's leg of this "holiness" thing and not let go. I'm going to drive home a point that we must, absolutely must, get more power from God to do His will on this earth. We will not receive this supernatural power unless we fully turn to Him and ask for His blessing. We must be willing to uncompromisingly give our all to the Creator, and be willing to allow Him to use our life for His purposes--all the way, folks.

Misty said in the quote above that uncompromising Christians often receive attacks from other Christians who accuse them of being arrogant, etc. This is what happened in the "holiness" era and eventually the anointed preachers died out. Crushed by man's ecclesiastical authority. There may be anointed preachers out there today, but they are few and far between. They need our help and our willingness to not compromise (or water down) our faith. We need to recognize we may have watered down Jesus' teachings! Let's repent from that and not compromise His power and authority. Jesus is ALIVE, folks. How much does He love you? How much do you love Him? He said you could only love Him one way...by following His commands. His commands were "Love your enemies" (they are not always on the other side of the world--they could be in your household), He said "do good to those who do evil to you" (this is not easy...it take amazing power to do what Jesus asks us to do.

Where do we get that power? It comes like it did at Pentecost. It fills and thrills us and gives us new perspective. It comes, not by our effort, but by our "waiting upon the Lord" and asking. What does it mean, "With God, all things are possible" Christians? What does that mean?

Hmm you're showing the Holy Spirit can be grieved . but Jesus said .

Matthew 12:32
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Please provide scriptural evidence of Jesus' hurt feelings .

Jesus wept.

I know many others do this also but on all the Christian forums I have been on over many years those who will not compromise the written word of the Lord (not just me), no matter how kind and considerate, thoughtful and loving they may be, have been subject to attack by certain sections of those forums and accused of being arrogant, stubborn, making the Bible our God, intolerant, judgemental, legalistic, unfriendly, unloving, etc.
Sad. But too many times I've heard it say that we are legalistic and makes the Bible a God. I don't think they understand.

I'm going to be bulldog for now. I'm going to latch onto the pant's leg of this "holiness" thing and not let go. I'm going to drive home a point that we must, absolutely must, get more power from God to do His will on this earth. We will not receive this supernatural power unless we fully turn to Him and ask for His blessing. We must be willing to uncompromisingly give our all to the Creator, and be willing to allow Him to use our life for His purposes--all the way, folks.

Absolutely! The power of God is a must or we cannot do what He has called us to do.

Misty said in the quote above that uncompromising Christians often receive attacks from other Christians who accuse them of being arrogant, etc. This is what happened in the "holiness" era and eventually the anointed preachers died out. Crushed by man's ecclesiastical authority. There may be anointed preachers out there today, but they are few and far between. They need our help and our willingness to not compromise (or water down) our faith. We need to recognize we may have watered down Jesus' teachings! Let's repent from that and not compromise His power and authority.

Amen! Its not the true gospel if its water down.

Jesus is ALIVE, folks. How much does He love you? How much do you love Him? He said you could only love Him one way...by following His commands. His commands were "Love your enemies" (they are not always on the other side of the world--they could be in your household), He said "do good to those who do evil to you" (this is not easy...it take amazing power to do what Jesus asks us to do.

Where do we get that power? It comes like it did at Pentecost.

From the Holy Spirit when he comes up on us.

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth

It fills and thrills us and gives us new perspective. It comes, not by our effort, but by our "waiting upon the Lord" and asking. What does it mean, "With God, all things are possible" Christians? What does that mean?

It means just what it says. Nothing is impossible with God. Because it's His power flowing and working through us, if we will allow Him to do so. We know He can do anything, its not us but Him. He said we will do the works He did, that is, His Spirit through us will do it.

John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Excellent post RadicalChristian.

Where do we get that power? It comes like it did at Pentecost. It fills and thrills us and gives us new perspective. It comes, not by our effort, but by our "waiting upon the Lord" and asking. What does it mean, "With God, all things are possible" Christians? What does that mean?

Excellent post bulldog RadicalChristian (nice doggie :)). What does it mean indeed? (good question) It means next time somebody tries to tell you that it is impossible to understand the Bible, or it is impossible to know what it is actually saying they are speaking contrary to the word of the Lord Himself.

Excellent post bulldog RadicalChristian (nice doggie :)). What does it mean indeed? (good question) It means next time somebody tries to tell you that it is impossible to understand the Bible, or it is impossible to know what it is actually saying they are speaking contrary to the word of the Lord Himself.

Thank you, mistmann and GodSpeaks. Today I pray that all on this forum have humble hearts so that Christ can do His work through us. God bless, RC.

Back