Condemnation and guilt

Here is a story:
I feel guilty every single day, because it seems like I cannot hit the mark. Sadly, I have been neglecting Bible readings for a bit and when I read, I just don't seem as focused anymore. And then comes school. At school, even though I do try my best to follow God's commands, it feels like I am out of touch with Christ, and this has started to creep into my life at home as well. I don't like to read the Bible while eating, because I can't focus, so I usually look at some memes or go on ebaumsworld, and end up wasting long amounts of time on my phone, which, in turn, gives me less time to read the Bible later. So, as you can see, I have been neglecting the Bible.
And I just feel out of touch with God because He does not talk to me like how you guys describe it, and I don't feel His presence. So, I have been feeling really guilt and I have condemning myself because of these things. The thing is, that I don't want to be encouraged all that much because I believe that that promotes the same lifestyle that I have been having. How do you deal with guilt and condemnation? Sin is another big thing.
Juk.. You know more about God as you spend more time in His Word and experience Him more.. This is something that every believer comes through.. But remember this.. Lord is not look at the relationship between Him and you the same way.. His love for you never changed.. Never never.. Not even an iota.. He still loves to so so much.. Just because you feel distant from Him, don't ever think He is really distant from you.. He is still just one cry or prayer away from you.. These are the times when we push ourselves into a corner.. And think there is no way back to Lord. But Lord is waiting with his arms extended and waiting for you.. Once you realize this, it takes the burden off you.. Because you will soon realize there is nothing that separate you from Lord.. someone might have quoted this already.. Because this is probably most appropriate Biblical verse for your situation..

Romans 8:31-39
Nothing Can Separate Us from God’s Love
31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? 33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. 34 Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Reactions: Juk
You know what Juk.
I struggled a sinful addiction from grade 9(standard 7) until long after I was even married, which happened in 2001 by the way.
Now, no reason for me to tell you that is a long time. I can tell you this, from the time I recognised that I must break away and have victory, many years went past.
During any of that time, I really drifted in and out of closeness with God my Father.
Now, I'm going to tell you a strange thing - I reached a day where I crashed and said "Lord I cannot beat this, I've tried, I've failed - you need to take it." I even went as far as saying He must remove everything from me that keeps me bonded.
And that is exactly what He did - some might have hurt initially, but later was a joy. I'm free for years, and never went back.
But hey, I had to walk a certain path to reach that point. I'm not sure if that was His will initially, but He still lead me to that point.
I'm not 100% sure the purpose - maybe it's to tell you these words.
Some sinful things grab you so hard, you cannot just click your fingers and be rid of it.
Take it from me, and so many others that has experienced that. That said, if you allow yourself to wallow and bath in those sins, you are never going to be free of it, so still always, fight it, but know, only Jesus gets you free.

You know what Juk.
I struggled a sinful addiction from grade 9(standard 7) until long after I was even married, which happened in 2001 by the way.
Now, no reason for me to tell you that is a long time. I can tell you this, from the time I recognised that I must break away and have victory, many years went past.
During any of that time, I really drifted in and out of closeness with God my Father.
Now, I'm going to tell you a strange thing - I reached a day where I crashed and said "Lord I cannot beat this, I've tried, I've failed - you need to take it." I even went as far as saying He must remove everything from me that keeps me bonded.
And that is exactly what He did - some might have hurt initially, but later was a joy. I'm free for years, and never went back.
But hey, I had to walk a certain path to reach that point. I'm not sure if that was His will initially, but He still lead me to that point.
I'm not 100% sure the purpose - maybe it's to tell you these words.
Some sinful things grab you so hard, you cannot just click your fingers and be rid of it.
Take it from me, and so many others that has experienced that. That said, if you allow yourself to wallow and bath in those sins, you are never going to be free of it, so still always, fight it, but know, only Jesus gets you free.
I have been thinking about that. What if God wants to "starve" me out to the point that I just put it all in His hands, in the manner that you did? I tried putting things in God's hands before. I remember Fish Catcher telling me a story where this woman had a smoking issue, and she just kept saying something along the lines of, "thank you God that I am free from this sin", and she just stopped smoking completely after a while.

Also, understand that worldly/freshly desires eventually get replaced with Godly desires. You start to dislike-hate the things of the world and start to like-love the things of God.

@Juk , also remember that it sometimes takes time for you to finally see and understand what God is teaching you. If you are stubborn like me then it USUALLY takes time lol. God, needs to root out the stubbornness so He can work faster. He will never force you to do anything.

Reactions: Juk
And? Was Paul successful? Did you read the last verse of Romans 7? Did you read Romans 8:1?
Yes, I did. But I don't really get the last verse of chapter 7 completely. It seems to be saying that we serve both God and sin at the same time.

Romans 7:6 KJV
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Ok, but we're talking about the last verse. What does it say about serving God?

Back