Conditions to recieve the Holy Spirit.

Daniels

Inactive

1.Prayer.

Lk 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

2.Forgiveness.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

3.Desire.

Jn 7:37 On the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.

38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."

4.Faith .

Jn 7: 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet [given], because Jesus was not yet glorified.

5. Obedience.

Acts 5:32 "And we are His witnesses to these things, and [so] also [is] the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him."

6.Waiting,

Luke 24;49 "Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."

7.Laying on Hands.

Acts 8:17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

8.Listening to the spiritual messages.

Acts 11:15 "And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning.

16 "Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, 'John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

17 "If therefore God gave them the same gift as [He gave] us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?"

Supporting verses.

Mk 1;8 "I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

I Thess 4; 8 Therefore he who rejects [this] does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit.

All these verses were really what I needed right now. I am going to be Baptized in water, and Pastor said we might receive the Holy Spirit. I have always sorta been hesitant about that gift. Just a fleshly thing I think because I had never heard tongues before.

But, then you shared the verse in 1 Thes. 4:8 "Therefore he who rejects [this] does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit." I also liked Acts 11:17 "If therefore God gave them the same gift as [He gave] us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?"

God knows I want more of Him, and if He wants to give me the Holy Spirit, I am convinced it is what I need and I will no longer resist that. Thanx for sharing these verses. Sweets

Glory to God.

Acts
2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of
you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye​
shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Old Covenant is a type and shadow of the New.

One major rule applied- the Oil does not go where the Blood does not flow.
Indeed the bllod of the Lamb have to be applied to the mercy seat (covering the law) for God and man to meet.
Giving ones life to Christ (availing of His shed blood) and asking in faith qualifies one to receive the Oil (the annointing of the Holy Spirit).

Mat 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

:D:D:D

Holy Ghost.

Well, if your born again you can receive the Holy Ghost which is a witness in power to the ministry of the Lord Jesus.

You don't have to wait around for this, just ask, nothing doubting.

There are small wars fought about the Holy Ghost, but it's very needless.

You can be born again and saved without evidence of tongues, but tongues is available to every believer. We are sealed until the day of redemption by the Holy Ghost, so if your type of denomination preaches against Tongues and the gifts of the Spirit that some claim to have been done away with, you still have the right to be led by the Spirit of God.

You can only receive what your willing to believe to be true in the Word of God. God is not going to force anything on you.

I myself am filled with the Holy Ghost and speak in tongues, The anointing of God on someones life destroys yokes and the devils hate it as they can not operate when the anointing is strong in your life.

That is why there are many Antichrist already in the world. (1 John 4:3)
Anti means against and Christ is the Greek word smeared upon or the Hebrew root Messiah. The anointed of God.

So, Jesus Christ would be Jesus the anointed one and his anointing.

A Antichrist is a spirit that attempts to destroy or diminish the anointing of God in our life. He normally does this by bringing situations that test our love walk with others or bring things that cause feelings of frustration with ourselves or others around us.

Walk in love always.

Jesus Is Lord.

I received the Holy Spirit when I was saved on May 18, 1963. I didn't have to wait until I was baptized and hope that I would receive Him. Romans 8:9 tells us that if we don't have the Spirit, then we are not one of His.

I received the Holy Spirit when I was saved on May 18, 1963. I didn't have to wait until I was baptized and hope that I would receive Him. Romans 8:9 tells us that if we don't have the Spirit, then we are not one of His.

Yes , Jon- Marc ... all of us who are saved have the Holy Spirit. We received the Holy Spirit when we invited Christ in to our heart .

Romans 5:5
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

We do not need conditions to receive the Holy Spirit . all we have to do is ask .

Acts 10:43 "Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins." (NASB)

Luke 24:47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 3:18 "But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled.

Acts 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Ephesians 5:26 "so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, (NASB ©1995)

John 15:3 "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

John 17:17 "Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

Acts 22:16 'Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART "-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

1 Corinthians 6:11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Ephesians 6:17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Titus 2:14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Titus 3:5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

Hebrews 10:10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.

Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate.

2 Peter 1:9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.

Romans 6:3Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? (NASB ©1995)

Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:16 For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Galatians 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Colossians 2:11and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ; (NASB ©1995)

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

Romans 6:6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;

Romans 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?

Galatians 5:24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision " by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands--

Colossians 3:5 Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.

Luke 3:26 John answered and said to them all, "As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. (NASB ©1995)

Matthew 3:11 "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Matthew 3:12 "His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Mark 1:7 And he was preaching, and saying, "After me One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to stoop down and untie the thong of His sandals.

Mark 1:8 "I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

I just sent a pm to brother larry asking a question about Acts 2:38. I didn't see this thread until just now, and I'm very glad you guy's have posted it up.

What is this about needing to be baptized to recive forgivness of sins? Did I miss something?

I think John 6: 29 nulls any idea that we need to be baptized to recieve forgivness of sins, unless he's saying baptism by the Spirit.

We do not need conditions to receive the Holy Spirit . all we have to do is ask .

:amen:, brother. Man wants to complicate something that is so simple that even a child can understand it. "I'm a sinner, and I can't save myself, or do anything to get it or keep it--except call on the Lord. Jesus did all that was necessary on the cross. All I have to do is ask for His forgiveness, and He will gladly give it!" Praise God that I don't have to be perfect to be forgiven! My righteousness, which to God is nothing but "filthy rags" (Isa. 64:6) can do nothing to save me or keep me saved.

Back